Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Don’t really care whether Pietro and Wanda are mutants and Magneto’s kids or not. They’re Avengers characters more so than X-men IMO.
    While I agree about Wanda, Pietro should return to the X-office

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I would love for Wanda to be just kept out of it all. Her being a mutant never did anything for her. Keep her in mystic and Avengers stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Don’t really care whether Pietro and Wanda are mutants and Magneto’s kids or not. They’re Avengers characters more so than X-men IMO.
    I agree that Wanda should stay an Avengers character, but being the mutant daughter of Magneto added an extra layer to her to remind everyone that it’s all interconnected. They shouldn’t have done the whole House of M thing with her and left well enough alone.

Pietro has been mostly an Avengers character, but did a lot more X-Stuff than Wanda.

I don’t care what they try to say now, in my mind they are and always will be the mutant children of Magneto who happen to be Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I agree that Wanda should stay an Avengers character, but being the mutant daughter of Magneto added an extra layer to her to remind everyone that it’s all interconnected. They shouldn’t have done the whole House of M thing with her and left well enough alone.

Pietro has been mostly an Avengers character, but did a lot more X-Stuff than Wanda.

I don’t care what they try to say now, in my mind they are and always will be the mutant children of Magneto who happen to be Avengers.
    It added nothing to her. There was never any positive in it for her. They never did anything with the relationship. Wanda has plenty of layers, some more confusing than others. She's good there. There are plenty of mutants that can bridge the gap in her place.

Pietro was more impacted by not being a mutant and should be again. Wanda, no way. They wrecked the character using the link. They can't repair it without a full reboot.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    While I agree about Wanda, Pietro should return to the X-office
    Exactly this.

I like Northstar better than Pietro honestly. Maybe because I’m a Wolverine fan and he’s OG Alpha Flight.

I mean I would like her to be a mutant again because they may not have done a lot with it I did like the estranged father, daughter relationship Wanda had with Magneto. The tension between them on some panels was something I liked to see. One of the most powerful beings in the universe is your own daughter and she wants nothing to do with you.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I mean I would like her to be a mutant again because they may not have done a lot with it I did like the estranged father, daughter relationship Wanda had with Magneto. The tension between them on some panels was something I liked to see. One of the most powerful beings in the universe is your own daughter and she wants nothing to do with you.
    That limited use doesn't make it worth yet another retcon. Him being her dad was a retcon to begin with. The Maximoffs have consistently been there through them being raised and are now blood. That's her real family.

That limited use doesn't make it worth yet another retcon. Him being her dad was a retcon to begin with. The Maximoffs have consistently been there through them being raised and are now blood. That's her real family.
    True, yet there a some people who want to know who exactly their dad is even if it’s a small amount. Also most people still believe Magneto was/is the twins father and the multiple retcons of who exactly their parents are is confusing and create too many inconsistencies with her power set. She can still be a mutant without having anything to do with mutants. For me that’s what made her complex. I don’t want to limit her just to the mystic side/ Avengers. Witches in stories appear or go where ever they pleased and dealt with everyone. Let Wanda be a true mystery and when she appears let readers and characters question “why is she here and will this lead to fortune or ruin?”

True, yet there a some people who want to know who exactly their dad is even if it’s a small amount. Also most people still believe Magneto was/is the twins father and the multiple retcons of who exactly their parents are is confusing and create too many inconsistencies with her power set. She can still be a mutant without having anything to do with mutants. For me that’s what made her complex. I don’t want to limit her just to the mystic side/ Avengers. Witches in stories appear or go where ever they pleased and dealt with everyone. Let Wanda be a true mystery and when she appears let readers and characters question “why is she here and will this lead to fortune or ruin?”
    If they make Mags her current father, that would mean he murdered Natalya. Mutants didn't make her complex. There are plenty of other things that make her complex. Her powers, her history on Wundagore, her heritage. The mutant thing was just not used much, except to describe her powers earlier on.

Mystic and Avengers isn't anymore limiting than it was before. Because she wasn't in the x-books much. She can be a mystery without her father being Magneto and without being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

100% it was a great backstory with Magento being Magneto and Wanda, his mutant daughter being part of the Earths main team of heroes, it was unique. Just because characters are mutants doesn't mean that they have to be on an X title, that's like saying all black characters should be together on a title etc.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% it was a great backstory with Magento being Magneto and Wanda on the Earths main team of heroes, it was unique. Just because characters are mutants doesn't mean that they have to be on an X title, that's like saying all black characters should be together on a title etc.
    Wanda doesn't have to be on an x-title, but to retcon stuff about her yet again (for about the 6th time) they should have some stories lined up with that subject in mind. It was nothing more than an unused factoid.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixthanos View Post
    100% it was a great backstory with magento being magneto and wanda, his mutant daughter being part of the earths main team of heroes, it was unique. Just because characters are mutants doesn't mean that they have to be on an x title, that's like saying all black characters should be together on a title etc.
    thank you!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% it was a great backstory with Magento being Magneto and Wanda, his mutant daughter being part of the Earths main team of heroes, it was unique. Just because characters are mutants doesn't mean that they have to be on an X title, that's like saying all black characters should be together on a title etc.
    The fact that we had a hero that was a mutant but instead of letting that define her, instead stood up and said that being a mutant and caused her nothing but pain and anguish and she wanted nothing to do with their cause was a very interesting twist. Especially placed besides the fact that her father was the biggest pro-mutant racist on the planet and her brother ... let's just say Quicksilver has some issues of his own to go through.

Wanda doesn't have to be on an x-title, but to retcon stuff about her yet again (for about the 6th time) they should have some stories lined up with that subject in mind. It was nothing more than an unused factoid.
    That small part though was a piece of a giant puzzle that is Wanda. Let her appear in any title they can actually use her in where she isn’t just a background character or plot device. If they retcon her again let this be their last one where it can put to rest her origin’s cause she was a mutant longer than she was a mutate and that retcon has the appearance of corporate politics all over it.

That small part though was a piece of a giant puzzle that is Wanda. Let her appear in any title they can actually use her in where she isn’t just a background character or plot device. If they retcon her again let this be their last one where it can put to rest her origin’s cause she was a mutant longer than she was a mutate and that retcon has the appearance of corporate politics all over it.
    She can appear anywhere now and has.... and she was used as a plot device while she was a mutant...

If they retcon her again, that likely won't be the last. There isn't a character they like retconning more. You can pretend right now she's still a mutant and Mags' kid and it changes nothing.