Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't the only ones who aren't archers Dinah (a meta) and Diggle (who uses guns)? Though the others could diversify. Connor uses martial arts as well as archery. In Arrow, Thea learned to use a sword, they could have her counterpart Mia Dearden do likewise. Roy is called Arsenal for a reason, he's proficient in other weapons beyond just bows. Which leaves Oliver and Emiko as the pure archers.
    Doesn't really matter, cause they'll use the bow and arrow most of the time. And they are all depicted as archers in any promotion image DC make.

Like this:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    June 29th seems sooooo far away, but I love the anticipation of having something to look forward to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    June 29th seems sooooo far away, but I love the anticipation of having something to look forward to.
    June 29th? That's my birthday!

I hope it isn't too much to hope for one of the stories to be about the Harper family. It would be a pretty cool birthday gift from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    June 29th? That's my birthday!

I hope it isn't too much to hope for one of the stories to be about the Harper family. It would be a pretty cool birthday gift from DC.
    Fingers crossed for you....and me to

I think this is part of them slimming down their line up, by incorporating less popular characters into more popular characters book so they can build up some steam before launching them in their own books. I think there will be a new Green Arrow or Arrow Family book in the next couple of year or so. They need time to straight out every one's histories.
    I hope you're right.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-13-2021 at 02:37 AM.

In regards to diversifying the Green Arrow team in terms of gear and skill set, here's how I would do it.

Oliver, Cissie and Emiko are archers.

Mia is a swordswoman.

Connor is the bare-fisted monk (while all of them have some training in unarmed combat, Connor is better than most of them).

Roy and Diggle are good with guns with Roy being a sort of gun kata master.

Dinah has her powers and martial arts.

Artemis (if she joins) has knives and bolos. Occasionally a crossbow.

I liked how Arrow had Roy using a few different weapons as Arsenal...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In regards to diversifying the Green Arrow team in terms of gear and skill set, here's how I would do it.

Oliver, Cissie and Emiko are archers.

Mia is a swordswoman.

Connor is the bare-fisted monk (while all of them have some training in unarmed combat, Connor is better than most of them).

Roy and Diggle are good with guns with Roy being a sort of gun kata master.

Dinah has her powers and martial arts.

Artemis (if she joins) has knives and bolos. Occasionally a crossbow.
    While Arrowette is an archer, she's not actually part of the Arrow family is she? She debuted in Impulse, joined Young Justice, and pretty much vanished once both books were cancelled, finally returning during Bendis's Young Justice run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    While Arrowette is an archer, she's not actually part of the Arrow family is she? She debuted in Impulse, joined Young Justice, and pretty much vanished once both books were cancelled, finally returning during Bendis's Young Justice run.
    Her mother, Bonnie King, the original Miss Arrowette, did start off as an Arrow family character in the Silver Age, basically their attempt to have their own version of the Kathy Kane Batwoman, though she only had 3-4 of appearances. So technically, while Cissy doesn't have a direct relation to Ollie, she could still be counted as a distant family member.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked how Arrow had Roy using a few different weapons as Arsenal...
    I thought that was a nice way to differentiate him from just 'another archer.' In that respect, I also think his rebranding as 'Red Arrow' was a step backwards, like Nightwing abandoning his unique identity and becoming Batman 2.

Plus it could be fun to see him try out new weapons in each outing. This time a bola. Then an urumi, or a congo throwing knife / hunga-munga, or flaming battle poi. Mix it up, not just different weapons, but from different cultures. Show off some of the fun options out there that don't get seen as much, rather than the usual longbow or katana.

Spectacular Member

So how long do we think Lian is going to stay only in the Catwoman book? Is this like an indefinite thing for the next few years, or will we start seeing her appear in other things after a Catwoman arc or two is done? I'm asking because I would hate it if this becomes one of those things that DC drags their feet with. Like, I would be pretty peeved if Lian doesn't interact with anyone other than Catwoman and the Alleystreet Kids beyond just a year. Based on what Ram V and Joshua Williamson have told me on Twitter, they hinted there will be some correlation between what's happen in their respectful titles, though how long we have to wait to see any of that have pay-off I don't know.

Certain things I feel like are meant to be the permanent status quo going forward. For instance, I don't think we would just introduce Cheshire Cat to be Catwoman's sidekick and take her away to a different title soon after. I also don't think Roy being presumed dead is going to necessarily change anytime in the next few months since Titans Academy is all dealing with his legacy and having a statue of him on their front lawn. I'll just hate it if the Catwoman title stays in their own little bubble for the next few years, and it won't have any meaningful progress on the whole Lian thing. Even having a Nightwing guest appearance would add so much. I don't know, just curious what's everyone's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    So how long do we think Lian is going to stay only in the Catwoman book? Is this like an indefinite thing for the next few years, or will we start seeing her appear in other things after a Catwoman arc or two is done? I'm asking because I would hate it if this becomes one of those things that DC drags their feet with. Like, I would be pretty peeved if Lian doesn't interact with anyone other than Catwoman and the Alleystreet Kids beyond just a year. Based on what Ram V and Joshua Williamson have told me on Twitter, they hinted there will be some correlation between what's happen in their respectful titles, though how long we have to wait to see any of that have pay-off I don't know.

Certain things I feel like are meant to be the permanent status quo going forward. For instance, I don't think we would just introduce Cheshire Cat to be Catwoman's sidekick and take her away to a different title soon after. I also don't think Roy being presumed dead is going to necessarily change anytime in the next few months since Titans Academy is all dealing with his legacy and having a statue of him on their front lawn. I'll just hate it if the Catwoman title stays in their own little bubble for the next few years, and it won't have any meaningful progress on the whole Lian thing. Even having a Nightwing guest appearance would add so much. I don't know, just curious what's everyone's thoughts.
    I think it'll factor into the next step in Roy's journey, so we can build up to their reunion and Roy finding out she's alive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    It's interesting how they try to bridge that time line gap. Was Ollie there, or was it Earth 2 Green Arrow.

I don't think we've seen any of the earth (Superman, Batman) show up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Nice to see classic Speedy again .