Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Regardless it’s at least close to Smallville. Lois drove in to quit the Daily Planet in the second episode.

Where on the east coast was Metropolis? It usually falls somewhere south of NYC in like Maryland or something.
    Usually it’s in Delaware and Gotham is in New Jersey
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I've been thinking about this too, and I think it depends on what they do with Jordan. Like, when Jon eventually gets his powers it may turn out that his levels are closer to his dads and maybe have the potential to be more powerful (if the show decides to be inspired by the comics), but Jordan's powers remain unpredictable and unstable. It could be a flip of the Jor-El fortress scene. Like, the Jor-El AI doing his version of "holy ****, now this is a heir!" That then leads to conflict between the twins because Jordan was finally getting something he could say he's good at, and now his perfect brother comes in and does this better than him too. But because his levels are noticeably high, Jon now has to do things like quit football for good, and maybe become slightly more reserved? This way the two deal with negatives of the dynamic shift.

It may be that we find out that Jordan has the less conventional powers. Maybe in trying to be more like his dad, Jordan has been unconsciously trying to force his powers to be like his? It's possible that once he starts to move away from following in his dad's footsteps the true nature of his powers will be realized? This would be similar to Conner in his early days when he didn't know he didn't have Superman's powers, but fought like he did and would sometimes get hurt because of it. This may also be why Jor-El didn't detect anything substantial from him. He was basing his scan off of Clark and other normal Kryptonians.

This could even play into the current comics because now unlike how Clark has trained Jordan just to get a hold of his powers so he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else, Clark would be training Jon with the unspoken pressure of "one day you're going to have to be the one in this cape". And that would play well into his football roots. Unlike how Jordan and Clark's power training is pretty relaxed and fun, Jon and Clark's would at times feel almost like drills. And it would be unintentional on Clark's part obviously, but that presrue would be there. "C'mon kiddo, you gotta make those turns faster. Every millisecond can count." We've even already established that Clark's been running football drills with Jon before they went back home, so it would be an evolution of that. And of course you could add in the drama of Clark stretching himself thin with the football team/Jordan and Superman training with Jon.

That would make the show's Jon like the Jon Sam Kent we know now, and Jordan the Jon Lane Kent of the New 52.
    I think Jordan has the conventional Kryptonian powerset and Jon has the Tactile Telekinesis as per Jon Lane Kent. Otherwise, Jordan's first showing definitely wouldn't have been Heat Vision. And he wouldn't be manifesting Super Hearing.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think Jordan has the conventional Kryptonian powerset and Jon has the Tactile Telekinesis as per Jon Lane Kent. Otherwise, Jordan's first showing definitely wouldn't have been Heat Vision. And he wouldn't be manifesting Super Hearing.
    Yuck!i hate telekinesis.it is dumb for a character with physical abilities.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yuck!i hate telekinesis.it is dumb for a character with physical abilities.
    That's why it's called Tactile Telekinesis. Tactile means to touch.

That's why it's called Tactile Telekinesis. Tactile means to touch.
    That's like saying potato in two different ways for me.I would like jon kent to have the ability to ripoff his hands and throw it.

But,since that ain't happening.How about some fighting skill,ability to adapt and evolve?

That's like saying potato in two different ways for me.I would like jon kent to have the ability to ripoff his hands and throw it.

But,since that ain't happening.How about some fighting skill,ability to adapt and evolve?
    I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    i am saying don't make the kid boring with bland abilities.A supercharacter that knows how to just puch would be appreciated.Also i am saying armfalloff boy is the greatest superhero and superpower of all time.

i am saying don't make the kid boring with bland abilities.A supercharacter that knows how to just puch would be appreciated.Also i am saying armfalloff boy is the greatest superhero and superpower of all time.
    Tactile Telekinesis is far from boring. He's able to imitate Superman's abilities as well as do stuff like turn invisible, energy bolts, etc.

I forget, wasn't the tactile telekinesis because of the cloning process? Would they write it out as a hybrid ability?

I guess they could make the brothers stand-in's for the two modern Superboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget, wasn't the tactile telekinesis because of the cloning process? Would they write it out as a hybrid ability?

I always thought it was because the cloning process didn't (initially) replicate Superman's powers so they added that to complete the illusion.

Jon Lane Kent was Superman's son and he had Tactile Telekinesis. It was because he was born under a yellow sun.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 05-16-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Jon Lane Kent was Superman's son and he had Tactile Telekinesis. It was because he was born under a yellow sun.
    Points to the writers if they remember New 52 Superboy exists .

Points to the writers if they remember New 52 Superboy exists .
    It'd be far more interesting than Jon just having the same powers, in my opinion.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Jon Lane Kent and New 52 Conner Kent both had heat vision and a form of super senses that closely resembled Clark's.

I found it interesting that Jordan was *just* talking about the idea of super hearing one or two episodes ago, and now he's about to get it. Granted, it could just be some fairly standard foreshadowing for the sake of drama via giving him the power he'd rather not have (he expressed not wanting it), but similar to how Frontier brought up how Lois remarks on how Edge's accent sounds fake/forced, I think it's foreshadowing for something less conventional.

I honestly think it's possible that Jordan does actually have a form of telekinesis as the driving force behind his powers.

________

I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in the early Rebirth days Jon's powers seemed to not function like Clarks, and they seemed to be driven by his emotional state even more so than the sun. Similar to Jordan, young comics Jon had his powers pop in and out at varying levels. But the big thing was that Pat Gleason on twitter said that they had a plan for where the strange nature of Jon's powers would go, and how Kathy would play a part in it.

I think the plan was to make Jon's power telekinetic in nature, and his link with Kathy (an alien with TK) was going to help him unlock it. I think it's telling that Manchester Black was the one holding back Jon's powers, and being able to selectively give and take away powers using his TK. Then when Jon lost his powers after he an Kathy seemingly combined their wills and hit Chester with a TK blast, he got them back days later after he and Kathy reconnected.

But clearly plans changed. Jon's powers are very clearly like Clark, but he has far greater control and at apparently far greater levels. His powers are also no longer governed by his emotions at all.

I'm thinking that divide his how you can split the boys up. Jordan has the more unstable somewhat TK infused powers of Rebirth Jon/Jon Lane Kent, and Jon has the more recognizable K powers that are growing in potency like current Jon.

It would make sense to line Jon in the show up a bit more with Jon in the comic rather than to give him a whole new power set while the character created for just the show has his power set from the comics.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon Lane Kent and New 52 Conner Kent both had heat vision and a form of super senses that closely resembled Clark's.

I found it interesting that Jordan was *just* talking about the idea of super hearing one or two episodes ago, and now he's about to get it. Granted, it could just be some fairly standard foreshadowing for the sake of drama via giving him the power he'd rather not have (he expressed not wanting it), but similar to how Frontier brought up how Lois remarks on how Edge's accent sounds fake/forced, I think it's foreshadowing for something less conventional.

I honestly think it's possible that Jordan does actually have a form of telekinesis as the driving force behind his powers.
    Jon Lane Kent didn't have heat vision or super hearing. That's Conner who developed Kryptonian powers in New Earth continuity.