Page 190 of 233 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Come to think of it, have they EVERY cast a blonde for a live-action Barry Allen?
    Neil Patrick Harris voiced him in a DTV...

Mighty Member

Luke's shooting going to lead with him becoming Bat-Wing perhaps?

I feel about this episode the way I felt about a lot of Season 4 of Supergirl. I respect the fact that you are trying to do social commentary here, but I would watch a superhero show to ESCAPE the reality of the world. If I want to see corrupt cops unjustly jail, and then later shoot black people, I can watch the news.

I agree that the episode was a bit heavy handed. Also, the Zombie theme felt kinda forced.

Roman really jumped on another, brainwashed, woman being his daughter reborn faster than I expected.

So Batwoman's first experience with cannibals and a zombie apocalypse in Gotham? You get used to it.

I knew glasses girl was going to be a love interest for Ryan, and she actually seems pretty great minus the whole having to lie to her to maintain your double-identity thing. I mean, she got her out of jail, I think she's worth it. Although it didn't seem like they were really breaking up at the end, so I kind of wonder where they'll go from here.

Mary is the most stylish doctor ever. Like, she's literally saving people in a dress and sparkly go-go boots .

Mary had a point about Jacob retreating into Snakebite, but admittedly the first kick that got him hooked was forced on him. It's not like Mary was forced to take Snakebite.

Sophie's arrest has got to be the most ridiculous. Like, she doesn't even have Crow ID with her? Basically daring him to arrest her without any means of asserting her authority? She really didn't think that through.

Luke pointing out how even black kids of privilege have to be careful. Not that I don't get why Ryan was so angry, the police were making something out of nothing, but Luke was trying to de-escalate because matching force with force doesn't always work well with law enforcement. Sometimes Ryan can be too passionate for her own good.

Sophie probably speaking for a lot of POC in law enforcement who know the system is messed up and treats POC terribly, but the only way to make a change and impact is to change the system from within.

I keep forgetting the Crows are ostensibly a security firm who protect the 1% because sometimes they just seem like general law enforcement.

Is that the same cell that the Arrowverse Trinity was locked up in during Elseworlds? I know it was to service the plot and conversations between the cast, but are we to assume the GCPD is just that old school or just don't care enough to put men and women in different cells?

The one good cop ends up getting eaten alive...

GCPD turning on the Bat-Signal when Batwoman is downstairs in a holding cell is actually kind of funny .

I'm not saying those Crows were justified shooting those victims of the bad Snakebite, but admittedly Batwoman wasn't making a lot of headway curing them all.

Kate's emotional anchor is...the key to her motorcycle. Um, okay?

Was that the same officer who arrested her that Ryan saved? I gotta be honest, a part of me wondered whether she considered letting him get eaten. Would she have done that for a Crow?

I gotta be honest, I thought Enigma was going to keep buying her way to survival before Ocean unceremoniously snapped her neck. I'm still wondering if she was ever connected to Riddler.

Ocean's kind of got a point...was Kate really the best sister? I mean, Alice isn't either, but it's hard to say Kate was always there for Beth or handled her well.

Sophie's finally leaving the Crows. Will Jacob take that well? Is she just going to join Team Batwoman? What can she really do without her Crow resources? Can she still join law enforcement?

I get what they were going for with such a real moment for black people, but that was such a stupid way for Luke to get shot. Is he ever going to become Batwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ocean's kind of got a point...was Kate really the best sister? I mean, Alice isn't either, but it's hard to say Kate was always there for Beth or handled her well.

I get what they were going for with such a real moment for black people, but that was such a stupid way for Luke to get shot. Is he ever going to become Batwing?
    I'll bet you that SOPHIE will become Batwing, and Luke will be paralyzed and be their version of Oracle.

As for Kate being the best sister- really? She thought Beth was dead for years, and when she finds out she was alive, Beth is now Alice and a psychopath. And Kate still went out of her way to try and save her.

Bluebird

What if Luke gets some armor thing that makes him able to walk about and that becomes how he turns into Batwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    What if Luke gets some armor thing that makes him able to walk about and that becomes how he turns into Batwing?
    Well, they aren't using the ATOM suit anymore.... then again, they hadn't used it for a while, anyways.

I'll bet you that SOPHIE will become Batwing, and Luke will be paralyzed and be their version of Oracle.
    I think they'd get a lot of flack for that.
    As for Kate being the best sister- really? She thought Beth was dead for years, and when she finds out she was alive, Beth is now Alice and a psychopath. And Kate still went out of her way to try and save her.
    I get it, but framing it the way Ocean did kind of made sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Hey, it worked for M.A.N.T.I.S., didn't it?🤷🏻*♂️

I think they'd get a lot of flack for that.
    You think they'd CARE?! Ryan Wilder says hello.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I agree that the episode was a bit heavy handed. Also, the Zombie theme felt kinda forced.
    Heavy handed? It was more akin to a neutron bomb dropping on my head while watching the episode.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

You think they'd CARE?! Ryan Wilder says hello.
    Yeah, but I don't think the actor for Luke is going to just drop out like that.

You know...I actually liked how this episode handled the issue it was tackling. Batwoman with Ryan Wilder has been nothing but women being oppressed, gay people being oppressed, poor people being oppressed, and people of color being oppressed. But I think this episode did the best job of presenting the issue and then having Ryan, Luke, and Sophie offer different points of view when it comes to the problem of the police force.

I could've watched a whole episode with Ryan, Luke, and Sophie in jail just talking. Well, with that as the A-story, Mary and Jacob as the B-story, and then Alice as the C-story. After the ordeal he went through, I don't understand why Luke even approached Eli. Did he think they were friends? Nothing good was going to come from that. I could see them going more the Oracle route than Batwing with Luke, especially since it was looking like Sophie wants a masked vigilante identity of her own.

I knew glasses girl was going to be a love interest for Ryan, and she actually seems pretty great minus the whole having to lie to her to maintain your double-identity thing. I mean, she got her out of jail, I think she's worth it. Although it didn't seem like they were really breaking up at the end, so I kind of wonder where they'll go from here.
    Guess you were right about Imani. I was more impressed with her this time around than in her first appearance.

Was that the same officer who arrested her that Ryan saved? I gotta be honest, a part of me wondered whether she considered letting him get eaten. Would she have done that for a Crow?
    I think it was supposed to be the same officer, but I couldn't tell.

I can kind of see where Ocean is coming from in terms of what he's seen, but he's off the mark. Kate and Beth never had the chance to know each other as adults. They may be twins, but they're practically strangers now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Luke's shooting going to lead with him becoming Bat-Wing perhaps?
    I was wondering if Camrus Johnson wanted out of the show. It is a struggle to get through. I'm watching out of a sense of morbid curiosity.
    When I watch I periodically think: Dougray Scott, the once possible theatrical Wolverine...oh, how your star has dimmed to be stuck in this role. An addict taking Snakebite? The S1 tougher version of Jacob Kane never would've gone that route. Alice is really the only character to really be watching this show for currently.
    The Kate angle is laughable and bad. This weeks "woke" show about cops only had Luke showing the intelligent, not privileged, course of action but the hot heads couldn't be bothered with reason. Displaying attitude gets you in jail when where you are really needed is elsewhere. *eyeroll*

I'm just stunned with the ratings drop that CW early renewed this for a S3.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime