Page 274 of 772 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Please...Let's never be diving into cesspits looking for treasure. LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am going to be frank about this, Nope! Like yh rouge storm is all cool and all but like why is she an omega level mutant. Aside from the data pages and the description of having no upper limit what has she done to feel omega. Like storm feels like a powerful mutant but omega? Hmmm, cause Thor has done some pretty wild things with the weather and has even created a temporal storm, meanwhile storm has been throwing lightning and wind if she gets lucky. Like yh she has feats but the constant low-ball by the xoffice I think has done too much damage. It will take a miracle for her moniker as goddess or omega level mutant to hold weight, this I believe will come with a solo or a book series focusing on her.
    Also the planet size covers don't have me excited, like from what we have seen from marauders being on the cover doesn't equate actually doing something in the book. I will only feel free to get excited when the book comes and she does something other than wind, lightning or rain and from the looks of the variants well that ain't happening. Or gets some charachter moments. Otherwise I just think storm will just be modeling in this one I am afraid.
    I can think of a few pre-hickman instances that would definitely qualify as an omega level feat but in regards to the hickman era showings I can't give you one. the question was posed originally to show the contrast between the expectations from Coates writing and the xwriters. Some storm fans complained that Coates didn't explain how Coates was a goddess yet I dont see similar complaints around her being an omega. Its been well over a year and we still do not know this. It would appear some critics are more forgiving depending on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Those arts are absolutely amazing! I loved the comet-like one, I think it is a hint for her space adventure! Oh, please, please, please make her fly on her own at high speed in Space! This is one of the things I ask for, desperately!

Am I mistaken or do we see suns in the background on both covers. Clearly, something is with blinding light behind Storm in the first cover and in the second one, we see like a liquified substance, sun-like texture behind the four in the second cover.

Yes I think dipter first pointed out the comet look. I will be curious to see if she will do anything in space unassisted using her own abilities. It would be cool to see her create an atmospheric bubble that allows her to breathe in space.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They want her to bend reality at a whim lol. I don’t see the big deal, the X-Office has put consistent respect on Storm’s name when it comes to her power level in this era. She’s one of their biggest guns by far.

says the one who thinks tchalla should be able to defeat adversary by himself.

pot and kettle???

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They did, Storm used the building blocks of the world and changed them making wind where there was none. Thor can't do that, his wind would still just be normal wind not creating weather conditions on a world that doesn't really have them using it's own laws of physics. I'm expecting the omega's to provide storm with the raw elements she needs and then she coalesces and sculpts those powers together to terraform. Could she do it on her own? most likely but it really doesn't make sense to.
    actually thor should be able to create any weather effect with his abilities even if there is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Honestly all this discussion about "feats" and Omega is why people don't take us Storm fans seriously.

Do I enjoy seeing creative use of her power? Of course. Do I want her to be better at moving metal than Magneto and better at manipulating ice than Iceman to show she's the Omega Omega? No, I couldn't give a **** and I find those sort of fans pretty juvenile.

What I want, and what really matters is for Storm to be given a consistent voice, a strong POV and quality character development, which she hasn't had in decades.

Look at Scott, Kitty and Emma. Sure all 3 are powerhouse mutants and combatants, but aren't Omegas, but ultimately have had tons of focus and character development over the last ten years, probably the top 3 in that order because all 3 have strong POV's and consistent character voices. This is what we should be fighting for.
    by the goddess. where did anyone say that they were ONLY concerned with her as an omega? Its one aspect of many criticisms that have been offered regarding how the xwriters write her. in fact literally just yesterday I made a list of areas related to her character, including her being an African American woman, that are never explored by the X-offices and how all xoffice stories regarding her are regulated to her being a mutant. so please don't use this topic of discussion which is a fair one to shade her fandom. its not accurate nor is it necessary.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Honestly all this discussion about "feats" and Omega is why people don't take us Storm fans seriously.

Do I enjoy seeing creative use of her power? Of course. Do I want her to be better at moving metal than Magneto and better at manipulating ice than Iceman to show she's the Omega Omega? No, I couldn't give a **** and I find those sort of fans pretty juvenile.

What I want, and what really matters is for Storm to be given a consistent voice, a strong POV and quality character development, which she hasn't had in decades.

Look at Scott, Kitty and Emma. Sure all 3 are powerhouse mutants and combatants, but aren't Omegas, but ultimately have had tons of focus and character development over the last ten years, probably the top 3 in that order because all 3 have strong POV's and consistent character voices. This is what we should be fighting for.
    Thank you! At this point it sounds like the fans are being greedy. How many years have we been waiting for her to finally be confirmed as Omega? Now it's barely been 2yrs and the fans want all kinds of Omega level feats to be done. If she did that then what would we have to look forward to? She already charged her fist with electricity and shut down Callisto's heart killing her instantly. I'm fine with her omega feats being taken easy. I love how Marvel is building up her character and reputation before showing what awesome powers she has. It's all a build up so we just have to wait like we waited for her to be confirmed Omega. No big deal

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I can think of a few pre-hickman instances that would definitely qualify as an omega level feat but in regards to the hickman era showings I can't give you one. the question was posed originally to show the contrast between the expectations from Coates writing and the xwriters. Some storm fans complained that Coates didn't explain how Coates was a goddess yet I dont see similar complaints around her being an omega. Its been well over a year and we still do not know this. It would appear some critics are more forgiving depending on the writer.

Yes I think dipter first pointed out the comet look. I will be curious to see if she will do anything in space unassisted using her own abilities. It would be cool to see her create an atmospheric bubble that allows her to breathe in space.

says the one who thinks tchalla should be able to defeat adversary by himself.

pot and kettle???

actually thor should be able to create any weather effect with his abilities even if there is nothing

by the goddess. where did anyone say that they were ONLY concerned with her as an omega? Its one aspect of many criticisms that have been offered regarding how the xwriters write her. in fact literally just yesterday I made a list of areas related to her character, including her being an African American woman, that are never explored by the X-offices and how all xoffice stories regarding her are regulated to her being a mutant. so please don't use this topic of discussion which is a fair one to shade her fandom. its not accurate nor is it necessary.
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying Thor can create any sort of weather condition because i've never seen him create a storm out of machinery by directly manipulating it. So maybe we are thinking about two definitions of weather. I haven't seen thor manipulate an entire dimension like he was summoning a breeze. so i'm not sure what you mean. Their powers are completely different.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

omg I was just going to mention that l. did you see the interview where she talks about storm? I can't find interview but if I come across it again I will post.

where did you get the gala cover from? I love it!!!!

yall I'm about to explode:

I know she definitely mentioned it on mtv

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying Thor can create any sort of weather condition because i've never seen him create a storm out of machinery by directly manipulating it. So maybe we are thinking about two definitions of weather. I haven't seen thor manipulate an entire dimension like he was summoning a breeze. so i'm not sure what you mean. Their powers are completely different.

Thor wouldn't need to directly control the machinery. he would use his divine energy to make the wind appear from nothing. storm has to work within the energies/forces available, whereas thor creates weather whether the conditions allow for it or not. I've seen some recent thor feats that were very very impressive. he used his powers to destroy pillars of a universe.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Thor wouldn't need to directly control the machinery. he would use his divine energy to make the wind appear from nothing. storm has to work within the energies/forces available, whereas thor creates weather whether the conditions allow for it or not. I've seen some recent thor feats that were very very impressive. he used his powers to destroy pillars of a universe.

Yh like I stated before his feats with the weather are very very impressive. Storm manipulating the machinery directly to create weather is very impressive in its own right and speak to her massive versatility. But in terms of sheer power I think we all agree Thor is way ahead when looking at fears. But that is because his solo career is very long if storm were to get a solo like that well you we all saw what she did in her last solo and it was just 14 issues.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-19-2021 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

You are exactly right. They work in different ways to achieve the same goal. But the question would be what puts her above him in the weather category. Why is she the omega I know the definition is there but does this mean she inherently has the power to surpass Thor in such a fashion that she would totally eclipse him? Like kyss just demonstrated he is strong enough to destroy a whole foundation of a universe.

Yh like I stated before his feats with the weather are very very impressive. Storm manipulating the machinery directly to create weather is very impressive in its own right and speak to her massive versatility. But in terms of sheer power I think we all agree Thor is way ahead when looking at fears. But that is because his solo career is very long if storm were to get a solo like that well you we all saw what she did in her last solo and it was just 14 issues.
    yea I love me some storm but aside from healing the Trion dimension I can't think of anything she has done to that level lol.

sidebar: still can't find the janet interview

I still don't get what your saying. Their powers are still different. Thor controls weather as we know it or summons it. No matter where he is it will always be the same thing so he only really controls one type of weather. The effects may vary but it's the same thing so i honestly don't get it. He destroyed a universal pillar, ok?

Also by your own post thor doesn't have a infinite amount of ways to manipulate weather he only has one type that i've seen and it may have infinite strength but not infinite possibilities.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-19-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I still don't get what your saying. Their powers are still different. Thor controls weather as we know it or summons it. No matter where he is it will always be the same thing so he only really controls one type of weather. The effects may vary but it's the same thing so i honestly don't get it. He destroyed a universal pillar, ok?

Also by your own post thor doesn't have a infinite amount of ways to manipulate weather he only has one type that i've seen and it may have infinite strength but not infinite possibilities.
    Ororo can't make weather effects naturally unless she has something there to work with (not talking hadari yao). That's why she used the bots via energy manipulation to create wind. Thor would just create actual wind as his divine abilities would allow him to do that. That scan is to show that his weather effects operate in unnatural ways where those effects do not exist.

Thor can create weather Storm manipulates existing energies/forces that result in weather.

Ororo can't make weather effects naturally unless she has something there to work with (not talking hadari yao). That's why she used the bots via energy manipulation to create wind. Thor would just create actual wind as his divine abilities would allow him to do that. That scan is to show that his weather effects operate in unnatural ways where those effects do not exist.

Thor can create weather storm manipulates existing energies/forces that result in weather.
    I still don't get what your saying. Thor controls weather in one way despite how strong it is. Storm on the other can manipulate and create and infinite amount depending on where she is. So i guess i'm just going to step away from this because yeah. Legion is a power manipulator because he can call about an infinite amount of powers Storm can create and manipulate an inifinite amount of Storm's including Thor's but whatever makes you feel good i guess.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I still don't get what your saying. Thor controls weather in one way despite how strong it is. Storm on the other can manipulate and create and infinite amount depending on where she is. So i guess i'm just going to step away from this because yeah. Legion is a power manipulator because he can call about an infinite amount of powers Storm can create and manipulate an inifinite amount of Storm's including Thor's but whatever makes you feel good i guess.
    Storm CANNOT create weather effects without the manipulation of existing energies/forces; there are conditions where she has broken the natural balance but she does this knowing it can do irreparable damage to the environment:

Thor doesn't have to worry with balance or any of that. He can actually create storms and weather effects from nothing. He isnt working with existing forces/energies as storm does.

I'm not comparing their output of raw power. as you said in theory the weather display of storm should eclipse Thor as she is an omega.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-19-2021 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

yea I love me some storm but aside from healing the Trion dimension I can't think of anything she has done to that level lol.

sidebar: still can't find the janet interview

Ohhh is it the one she gushes over storm. I am looking for that one too.

Ohhh is it the one she gushes over storm. I am looking for that one too.
    if you find please share it. I thought I posted it a while back but I can't find if now:/

in it she talks about being a young girl and being a fan of storm. she mentioned she used to collect the cards.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-19-2021 at 01:08 PM.