Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Or just stop scting like they are glued at the hip. Let them do seperate things teaming up to fight thier petsonal deamons on the side. Dagger wanted to going the Xmen and I'm not sure if Cloak ever had any outside interests.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-29-2014 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Even though Cloak and Dagger aren't popular enough to support an ongoing, I wish Marvel would give them a 4-8 issue miniseries every year or so. Especially if it was done by Spencer and Rios.
    Agrd & cosignd with d bold...Rios's styles takes a lil mo' effort 2 undrstand or apprc8.

We/SZ very much prefer d team dat did d 1-shot 2 partner with Spencer.

Cloak and Dagger are a pretty cool concept; it unfortunately seems like most writers simply don't know what to do with them for any extended period of time.

The characters need a creative team who understand the theme and tone inherent in their code-names and infuse the book with that mindset.

The obvious example of Hawkeye and the less obvious example of the Moon Knight issues by Warren Ellis show how crucial it is for titular character(s) to inhabit a comic that expertly syncs its tone/look/feel with the ideas/concepts that make the character(s) unique and exciting.

Personally, I'm not sure putting Cloak and Dagger on a team like the New Warriors or the Avengers is the right move, nor do I think an extended break away from each other would be useful; instead, I'd like to see them have extended appearances in Amazing Spider-Man and/or Daredevil, where they can be given a real chance to shine as supporting characters (rather than glorified background characters, which is what tends to happen to them).

-Pav, who likes that they now have Mr. Negative as a clear way into Spidey storylines...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-29-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Or just stop scting like they are glued at the hip. Let them do seperate things teaming up to fight thier petsonal deamons on the side. Dagger wanted to going the Xmen and I'm not sure if Cloak ever had any outside interests.
    Cloak was helping out in Civil war as the bus I don't remember Dagger being there. I do think Marvel should split them up for a while.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Cloak and Dagger are a pretty cool concept; it unfortunately seems like most writers simply don't know what to do with them for any extended period of time.

The characters need a creative team who understand the theme and tone inherent in their code-names and infuse the book with that mindset.

The obvious example of Hawkeye and the less obvious example of the Moon Knight issues by Warren Ellis show how crucial it is for titular character(s) to inhabit a comic that expertly syncs its tone/look/feel with the ideas/concepts that make the character(s) unique and exciting.

Personally, I'm not sure putting Cloak and Dagger on a team like the New Warriors or the Avengers is the right move, nor do I think an extended break away from each other would be useful; instead, I'd like to see them have extended appearances in Amazing Spider-Man and/or Daredevil, where they can be given a real chance to shine as supporting characters (rather than glorified background characters, which is what tends to happen to them).

-Pav, who likes that they now have Mr. Negative as a clear way into Spidey storylines...
    Great post!

And I agree with your position. It sounds like a good way to progress and utilize these characters in the current state of the MU.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Agrd & cosignd with d bold...Rios's styles takes a lil mo' effort 2 undrstand or apprc8.

I think Brooks does a fantastic job, but for Cloak and Dagger I like Rios' less conventional approach.
    Still, to each his own, I suppose.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

Its been a long time since I followed C and D though I bought that one-shot. I have a question about it, that panel... did Ty and Tandy decide to get together romantically. I always felt it was one-sided on Cloaks part but it seems to be mutual with Dagger in that scan.

Anyway, I'd love more frequent minis or one-shots. They obviously have enough appeal for those if they cant carry an on-going currently!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Its been a long time since I followed C and D though I bought that one-shot. I have a question about it, that panel... did Ty and Tandy decide to get together romantically. I always felt it was one-sided on Cloaks part but it seems to be mutual with Dagger in that scan.

Anyway, I'd love more frequent minis or one-shots. They obviously have enough appeal for those if they cant carry an on-going currently!
    I think their relationship is still pretty ambiguous. I kinda like that aspect of the characters, it adds a layer of mystery to them. But I'll admit, if they had a successful ongoing, it would eventually get old. I think a lot of fans would get tired of the "are they or aren't they" trope.

Extraordinary Member

The coolest thing about Cloak abd Dagger are that they are ex-runaways turned vigilante who are effectively squatters.

They have a well defined ax to grind with human trafficers, pedophiles and gangs. Thier whole thing was brutalizing predatory street level criminals.

Whatever they do is going to have reflect that.

If they are gonna be Xmen it could only (to my mind) be in a book like NYX. Where the protagonists weren't oppressed so much because they were Mutants. They are oppressed because they were poor and living in a jacked up neighborhood.

If they were Avengers, it could only be on Luke's Mighty team that where its implied that they actually do things like looking for kidnapped kids and what not.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Have them team up with Punisher to go after some realy bad offenders, it will show where they draw the line at stopping evil and might cause some new growth or conflict for later.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    As of the Spider Island storyline, Cloak and Dagger swapped power sets (so now Dagger has Cloak's power, and Cloak has Dagger's power)...

Is this still a thing, or have things returned back to normal?

And if it is still a thing, does Dagger (Tandy) now call herself Cloak and Cloak (Tyrone) now call himself Dagger?
    I really liked that mini, and was hoping it would spring-board an ongoing. As has been mentioned, they pretty much haven't shown since.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I wonder if the reason Cloak and Dagger never really caught on is because they were totally murderers in their early appearances and that sort of thing wasn't as appealing back then. Now that killing is all the rage, they just don't look as impressive.

I wonder if the reason Cloak and Dagger never really caught on is because they were totally murderers in their early appearances and that sort of thing wasn't as appealing back then. Now that killing is all the rage, they just don't look as impressive.
    I think its the drugs thing
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    This would depend on if the symbiotic relationship of their powers is still in play. Cloak needs Dagger to satiate the hunger while Dagger needs Cloak to bleed off excess energy.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nah. Even back then killing was becoming cool.

It's really just nearly impossible to perpetually handle these real-world issues in comics.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier