Page 285 of 719 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 10783
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Done and done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

“Ever since I dumped my stalkery ex (cosmic?)boyfriend I keep wearing the same old 70’s t-shirt I was wearing that day because it signifies I’m totally (pinky swear!) over him, in fact I’m so determined to move forward that all my life revolves around that very moment and I’m so over him that I keep wearing the t-shirt in order to show how I’m 100% done with the past and projected to the future!” Does this make sense to any of you?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    “Ever since I dumped my stalkery ex (cosmic?)boyfriend I keep wearing the same old 70’s t-shirt I was wearing that day because it signifies I’m totally (pinky swear!) over him, in fact I’m so determined to move forward that all my life revolves around that very moment and I’m so over him that I keep wearing the t-shirt in order to show how I’m 100% done with the past and projected to the future!” Does this make sense to any of you?
    None.

Especially because she has already lived a few months without said boyfriend, with no need to wear said t-shirt.

cover kael ngu x-men

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It doesn't make any sense. I'm not refusing to listen, it is you that is refusing.

You know that she has better costumes than Red. Also red wins by being practical.

These are a lot superior, both designed by great pencillers.

These aren't kid costumes, she wore them as teenager just like the green dress
    The first one looks like Gamorra's from Guardians of the Galaxy and the second one is just an ugly hodgepodge with a varsity jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I know y'all are tired of talking about her costume, dress etc

But since it became a popular topic in recent days, i think this costume IMO, it's her most "iconic" or most well known costume (maybe because of that horrible animated show too)

And the fact that Rogue still wearing that costume till today
    This is my favorite uniform for her. It represents this Jean, but Krakoa is about a system more than individuality that risks dividing them.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cover kael ngu x-men
    Quite some beautiful variants. Thanks for sharing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    X-Men #300, right? I love this moment! :)
    Thanks for sharing.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's Gala look is ideal. Sleek, elegant, and not bulky body armor. Get rid of the train and crown, and it'd work really well. Though I'm one of the few who love the Marvel Girl costume, so I'm fine seeing that stick around.

I've always enjoyed Jean's 90s costume. Get rid of that awful "thong" invoking triangle on her crotch and backside, and it's probably one of the better 90s designs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The first one looks like Gamorra's from Guardians of the Galaxy and the second one is just an ugly hodgepodge with a varsity jacket.
    Both are still better than the MG dress. The solo series costume itself heavily inspired her gala look which is a winner

I'm used to the MG costume by now tbh . Some artists make it look ugly , like the one in the cover posted above ( legit dishwashing gloves) and some can make it look cute even, like Dautermann. Larraz is an amazing artist but his rendition of the costume is also horrible( Long, goofy mask, dishwashing gloves, oversized boots, etc) so I'm prepared already for Jean to look a mess every panel he draws her with the costume on. The other visuals should be great though.

I hope Planet Size X-Men tomorrow gives us a lot to chew on because this MG dress discussion is circular and never-ending.

I think the head honchos have been very disingenuous about the whole thing...Hickman alleges that it's significant because of the last time(or "the most well known" time, I forget) that she wore it. But then why is it that she also has no problem wearing her other costumes seemingly at random, which ties into some comments about Krakoa and mutant culture and the X-Men treating their costumes as their everyday clothing basically. I wish it were that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    It's literally just the same 2-3 posters being obsessively negative/repeating the exact same post day in and day out. They're not interested in logical/rational discourse based in reality, they're here to be negative because it's cathartic for them. Whatever points you try to make that goes against their negative agenda will be ignored and the goal posts will be shifted.

It's why character appreciation threads in general are awful. Go into any of the popular ones here and they're all full of people griping that they aren't being specifically catered too.
    Yikes the accuracy.

It does get tiring to be honest.

I've got a question for the (more critical) fans instead of saying what you don't like how about saying what you do like about Jean in this era? And that goes for everybody!

Personally I love the fact that Jean and Scott are back together. That Jean is a confirmed Omega tp, I love how passionate but authoritative she's been. The scene where she protects Scott and the rest of the team with her TK bubble when their ship explodes and when she atomized the teraflonics was a great showing of her TK power. Just to name a few things I've liked so far.

BANNED

I like that she hasn't been killed off, so she'll be available in the event that a writer who has interest in the character comes along.

Benjamin Percy's work with her was great for the most part. It got dragged in the mud with making her ultimately too weak to be on the team, but I imagine that was more of an editorial thing rather than how he wanted her time there to end. I enjoyed the idea of her wanting to quit initially and then getting roped back in.

I liked her time on X-force, her giant size issue and I'm looking forward to seeing her in the new X-men. Mostly because of the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    I'm used to the MG costume by now tbh . Some artists make it look ugly , like the one in the cover posted above ( legit dishwashing gloves) and some can make it look cute even, like Dautermann. Larraz is an amazing artist but his rendition of the costume is also horrible( Long, goofy mask, dishwashing gloves, oversized boots, etc) so I'm prepared already for Jean to look a mess every panel he draws her with the costume on. The other visuals should be great though.
    I like how Larraz draws the mask and boots. But I can't forgive the dishwashing gloves. I mean, it still doesn't look that bad by him but he's the one responsable for everyone drawing it that way now
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-15-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like that she hasn't been killed off, so she'll be available in the event that a writer who has interest in the character comes along.

Benjamin Percy's work with her was great for the most part. It got dragged in the mud with making her ultimately too weak to be on the team, but I imagine that was more of an editorial thing rather than how he wanted her time there to end. I enjoyed the idea of her wanting to quit initially and then getting roped back in.
    Jean was not too weak to be on X-Force. That had nothing to do with her leaving. Her decision to quit was a strong willed made one