Page 323 of 772 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Not really I have read the whole thing like five times now and magneto simply hit the planet with the asteroid and told hope and vulcan to do open heart surgery then went off to go micro manage all the other omegas. What is needed to create a magnetosohere requires time, time he didn't have because he needs to ensure everyone is playing their part. Hence why when it got to storms pannel it stated that the planet's heart was thrumming beneath her as her thunder reings on high the English gives what she is doing away....the iron won't move on its own it needs to be compressed and kick-started plus if the planet was incharge of moving the ore it would take eons for a sustainable magnetosohere to be set up.

I am sorry for nerding out but planetary science is literally my bread and butter lol.

I am all for nerding out as well! But I think that if you re-read the beginning, the creation of the magnetosphere is indeed created by Magneto with Vulcan and Hope’s assist. Magneto’s power is what is ‘stirring the sauce’ to compress and create the molten core which in turn creates the magnetosphere and gravity. It’s all stated there and showcasing Magneto on the top half of page 4.
    Last edited by orionblue; 06-16-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Apparently he was stiring the source with great and tremendous force I was thinking the force came from Vulcan and hope but magneto being active in the magnetosohere creation is pretty neat.... Still can't get over this storm feat hopefully we get more creative feats in the future everyday life kind of feats. Eventhough she does have power over the magnetosohere magneto was the one creating this one.
    all he did was put ore in the ground. which established the gravity. that wasn't associated with the creation of the magneticsphere. that was specifically associated with the atmosphere which we know she had to maintain.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    all he did was put ore in the ground. which established the gravity. that wasn't associated with the creation of the magneticsphere. that was specifically associated with the atmosphere which we know she had to maintain.

Unfortunately have to strongly disagree with you here. The magnetosphere is all Erik’s (with Vulcan and Hope’s assist). As much as I want Ororo to have been the one to re-create the magnetosphere, if you re-read pages 1 to the top half of page 4, it’s all Magneto.

The one omega mutant capable of of manipulating magnetism had nothing to do with restarting the magnetosphere generated by the molten core?……suuure
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I am all for nerding out as well! But I think that if you re-read the beginning, the creation of the magnetosphere is indeed created by Magneto with Vulcan and Hope’s assist. Magneto’s power is what is ‘stirring the sauce’ to compress and create the molten core which in turn creates the magnetosphere and gravity. It’s all stated there and showcasing Magneto on the top half of page 4.

I thought that was specific to the creating the molten core necessary for gravity but I see your point. even if one were to attribute the magnetic portion to him, which I don't necessarily agree with, storm still would have had to rid the surface of radiation allowing for breathable air which is impressive when you consider its on a planetary level.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-16-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The one omega mutant capable of of manipulating magnetism had nothing to do with restarting the magnetosphere generated by the molten core?……suuure
    glad you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This panel was everything

I love it! And for those who don't know, Lightning in space is much more powerful than lightning on Earth

BANNED

I thought that was specific to the creating the molten core necessary for gravity but I see your point. even if one were to attribute the magnetic portion to him, which I don't necessarily agree with, storm still would have had to rid the surface of radiation allowing fir breathable air which is impressive when you consider its on a planetary level.
    Yes exactly I mean they all have to do something and him just bring a plan and throwing iron into the ground was not going to cut it! He also had to stir the sauce ...lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While they each have their specific part to play...there would have to "overlap" to ensure balance...until the planetary system can set and continue on its own.
    Magneto started the process and keeps it going while Storm is doing her energy manipulation to combine and work with his so that both are thoroughly interconnected (as the panel suggests) so that the end result is 100% self sustainable.

Thus...naturally occurring rain.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love it! And for those who don't know, Lightning in space is much more powerful than lightning on Earth
    The way I am out of by lightning now.... I mean it looks good and all but it feels like lightning lass is waiting for her moment to strike again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Wait if he can move molten iron why did he need magma again?

Yes exactly I mean they all have to do something and him just bring a plan and throwing iron into the ground was not going to cut it! He also had to stir the sauce ...lol
    lolol yea I thought it was impressive when it was just climate on a planetary scale so anything extra that she may have done is icing on the cake for me. that said I think it deserves to be noted that her creating climate on an alien planet is a first for her.

glad you agree.

I’m all for expanding ororo’s powers and role but this exposure it’s really fake, she could have been the one to devise a plan to terraform mars but once again its either xavier or magneto pulling the strings, it’s like the last 20 years were all for nothing
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The way I am out of by lightning now.... I mean it looks good and all but it feels like lightning lass is waiting for her moment to strike again.
    I hope not! I need to see some solar winds, maybe some ice feats in space. Making it rain on another planet or melting some of the ice on mars or Earth's moon itself would be so amazing

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

This was basically a magneto book with omega cameos, I did enjoy the storm panel and what the data page implied her role though not confirmed to be.
    So true on that first part. More power to those that enjoyed it, but it’s just not enough. You can tell we are hungry for Storm when one panel is enough though she is in the background for the entirety of major events.