Page 334 of 772 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you know what book .shows the arrakkii attacking humans?

also I hope Ewing goes into all of that.
    Latest cable issue had cable and scott dealing with it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

wow. ok that works for me too. I love all the science behind how that would work!

You're welcome!! You're very talented! Please share once you have it complete!!! (^_^)
    Remember how I posted once that storm should be able to control nebulas well if so she could create not only a planet but an entire star system hell even an entire galaxy!
    Like many look at weather and see rain wind lightning but it means sooooo much more in the universe. To your run of the mill weather manipulator sure an atmosphere is needed to create weather but storm is omega over weather and manipulates energy and matter that relates to weather through out the universe, basically the current state of matter and energy within a system relative to motion can be constituted as weather hence why we have in the marvel universe gravity storms, solar storms, cosmic storms among many many other things. 99 percent of all visible matter in the universe is plasma which storm controls directly like the possibilities are endless. Like the scan stated she can see stars planets and even empty space as energy And force and control said energy and force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well to be fair, given the abundance of hydrogen and helium in the solar system, if she really had to provide iron under her own power I would rather see her use the sun nuclear furnace injecting coronal matter directly into mars core and letting a controlled fusion process do the rest, iron is the ultimate product of star’s fusion anyway and she’s very proficient in dealing with high energy systems.

Hey thanks, gonna do a storm’s one next, just in the sketch phases for now.
    Yh storm can coalease A LOT of hydrogen atoms together under soo much pressure. ignite said hydrogen to create a star then induce a nova explosion creating heavier elements such as iron and more.realistically that would take time but this is a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Question for all because I'm trying to kill time: What, if anything, could she replicate solo in terms of making a planet habitable?
    -Magneto pulling iron from the Kiper belt. - Yes, I think she could gather and move the iron with enough concentrated solar wind

-Vulcan & Hope Kamehameha'ing the iron. - Yes. I think through her temp control and sustained lightning.

-Magneto "Stirring the sauce". No, I don't think so. Rotating the metal to generate gravity and the magnetic field requires an application of power we haven't seen from her. She's manipulated and created magnetic fields but not manipulated metal in any form.

-Hope and Proteus cooling the planet (?) - Yes.

-Iceman making a polar ice cap. - Yes.

-Soubnar's Ocean eco-system. - No. Since she's controlled hydrogen and oxygen she could create water but not in the volume of an ocean (not enough oxygen). Plus she couldn't create the life forms that reside in the ecosystem.

-Xilo and Elixer giving 'life'. - No.

My take on PSXM - enjoyed it! With the cover only being the 4 Omegas (probably your highest profile omegas) I was just imagining them working together to terraform, but it was still pretty bad ass. I would've liked to see Storm spearhead the terraforming, since her unique bond with the earth/universe would make her best suited for it (plus I think for this type of endeavor she'd be the perfect POV character) but Magneto was on point. Storm's brief moment was pretty epic. Establishing a life sustaining and supporting climate and natural weather systems, connecting the land, sea and air for an entire planet (all under her own power) is amazing. I was hoping for more epic imagery, like Magneto's opening or Bobby's omnidirectional ice, but the description was claremontian deliciousness. I also liked her dialogue with Magneto. It would be interesting if they build on their relationship beyond colleagues to a stronger friendship. The way he described her as a goddess gives the impression that he highly respected her, but it's been years since we've seen them interact in amiable way on panel. PLUS - I am excited to see where this goes. I was hoping for more than a hint (but I'll take it) as to the big plans - Regent of Sol would be amazing. Of course so long as it represents a role of significance to build her agency within the X-Verse/MU a whole. That would be a fitting role for her and I'd love to see her wield it competently but with fierce boldness, edge and determination. I'm also curious, if she is going to be the Regent and part of the QC, how she will engage and work with the Arrko council. I of course would've like more of her here in this issue but it was an 8/.5/10 for me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Latest cable issue had cable and scott dealing with it

oh thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Remember how I posted once that storm should be able to control nebulas well if so she could create not only a planet but an entire star system hell even an entire galaxy!
    Like many look at weather and see rain wind lightning but it means sooooo much more in the universe. To your run of the mill weather manipulator sure an atmosphere is needed to create weather but storm is omega over weather and manipulates energy and matter that relates to weather through out the universe, basically the current state of matter and energy within a system relative to motion can be constituted as weather hence why we have in the marvel universe gravity storms, solar storms, cosmic storms among many many other things. 99 percent of all visible matter in the universe is plasma which storm controls directly like the possibilities are endless. Like the scan stated she can see stars planets and even empty space as energy And force and control said energy and force.

I love your input!! I would love to see storm creating life to this disagreed but the moment she did they would off the character im sure.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    -Magneto pulling iron from the Kiper belt. - Yes, I think she could gather and move the iron with enough concentrated solar wind

-Vulcan & Hope Kamehameha'ing the iron. - Yes. I think through her temp control and sustained lightning.

-Magneto "Stirring the sauce". No, I don't think so. Rotating the metal to generate gravity and the magnetic field requires an application of power we haven't seen from her. She's manipulated and created magnetic fields but not manipulated metal in any form.

-Hope and Proteus cooling the planet (?) - Yes.

-Iceman making a polar ice cap. - Yes.

-Soubnar's Ocean eco-system. - No. Since she's controlled hydrogen and oxygen she could create water but not in the volume of an ocean (not enough oxygen). Plus she couldn't create the life forms that reside in the ecosystem.

-Xilo and Elixer giving 'life'. - No.

My take on PSXM - enjoyed it! With the cover only being the 4 Omegas (probably your highest profile omegas) I was just imagining them working together to terraform, but it was still pretty bad ass. I would've liked to see Storm spearhead the terraforming, since her unique bond with the earth/universe would make her best suited for it (plus I think for this type of endeavor she'd be the perfect POV character) but Magneto was on point. Storm's brief moment was pretty epic. Establishing a life sustaining and supporting climate and natural weather systems, connecting the land, sea and air for an entire planet (all under her own power) is amazing. I was hoping for more epic imagery, like Magneto's opening or Bobby's omnidirectional ice, but the description was claremontian deliciousness. I also liked her dialogue with Magneto. It would be interesting if they build on their relationship beyond colleagues to a stronger friendship. The way he described her as a goddess gives the impression that he highly respected her, but it's been years since we've seen them interact in amiable way on panel. PLUS - I am excited to see where this goes. I was hoping for more than a hint (but I'll take it) as to the big plans - Regent of Sol would be amazing. Of course so long as it represents a role of significance to build her agency within the X-Verse/MU a whole. That would be a fitting role for her and I'd love to see her wield it competently but with fierce boldness, edge and determination. I'm also curious, if she is going to be the Regent and part of the QC, how she will engage and work with the Arrko council. I of course would've like more of her here in this issue but it was an 8/.5/10 for me.
    I believe below she used electromagnetism to manipulate these blades:

it's not on magnetos level but she has at least one showing of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hmmm I guess we would have wait and see these "big" plans that they have for her. Because right now I don't see it, magneto and xavier practically begged namor to be on their council he said he wanted a planet he they have a planet now and an entire solar system it doesn't take much knowledge of the xoffice and their relationship with storm to see how this can play out...but I hope our girl gets named regent and actually does something instead of just being a figure head.
    Call me pessimistic but I don't really see it either. It also would seem to come out of no where too although it could be a great way to give an important role to perhaps the last major character that doesn't really fit in the current puzzle in a big way. As many has pointed out, Storm is still a feature queen. This will give her a grand role and hopefully a book to focus on her, but honestly I'm not holding my breath.

I agree she's definitely used EM and I recall this instance. I just mean taking direct control over the metal itself vs using a magnetic field to attract the metal in the scan. Like I can't imagine her shaping the metal or rotating the liquid magma, let alone at a speed needed.

I agree she's definitely used EM and I recall this instance. I just mean taking direct control over the metal itself vs using a magnetic field to attract the metal in the scan. Like I can't imagine her shaping the metal or rotating the liquid magma, let alone at a speed needed.
    yes that makes sense and I would agree.

I believe anything with electrons/energy she technically should be able to manipulate it. im waiting for her to have a similar moment with earth metals as she did when she realized she could manipulate the ocean:

only with metal she "sees" the electrons in metals and uses this perception to begin manipulating it.

Goddess Storm:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-18-2021 at 01:13 AM.

BANNED

I mean didn't she use planetary magnetic fields to draw out magma from the earth in her solo.
    Also yh electron manipulation should afford storm A HOST of abilities. But I don't think we would get that.

BANNED

oh thanks!!

I love your input!! I would love to see storm creating life to this disagreed but the moment she did they would off the character im sure.
    Ofcourse they can't have that it would make her too powerful and would Affect the ensemble story they are trying to tell. But if storm is going to become regent she needs a power display soo great it cements her authority in the MU and a one off of her doing something like this would do just that and put the fear of the goddess in all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Is it just me or storm might have been created to be the bright lady. Hadari yao the keeper of the balance of all natural things...The Queen of heaven.

Looking forward to sword and GOTG. I don't want to get my hopes up but i do feel storm is going to be the regent but i dunno. I also think if she is she will hopefully play a part in galaxy etc but then i would not be suprised if they give it to namor since, yeah. But i also think it would be beneficial to have Namor and the Atleanas move to Arrako where he can rule the seas but then i'm sure there must be some Arrako mutants that are water based as well so could be interesting seeing Storm trying to bring those two together on planet and interact off planet. But i've completely pulled back to wait and see though no matter what happens i'm sticking with GOTG and Sword. I mean just the last few issues of GOTG had me thinking "storm, storm storm" they way they were talking about the rarity of finding new planets or planets that can support life. I could easily imagine storm helping to heal planets as a way to get allies and outreach. I still remain very satisfied with what we got of Storm in dawn and i remember even back then we weren't even expecting what we did get. lol

Until they started gassing up our expectations. I honestly feel this is the first time i've really had expectations of some form of prominence but to me that one falls on the team because they kept saying. "big plans coming. Story arc." So naw expectations aren't on us this time around.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-18-2021 at 04:32 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/