Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum Developing a Smallville Animated Series

https://www.cbr.com/smallville-tom-w...imated-series/

Smallville's Tom Welling says he and Michael Rosenbaum are working on an animated sequel series to the hit CW superhero drama.

Smallville star Tom Welling confirmed he and co-star Michael Rosenbaum are working on an animated continuation of the fan-favorite CW superhero series.

"Michael Rosenbaum and I are actually working on an animated series to bring those characters back to life, and use as many of the original cast members as possible," Welling said in a Cameo message. "Don't tell anybody, though. It's a secret, we're still working on it."

https://twitter.com/blurayangel/stat...02417492922372

Created by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, Smallville premiered on The WB (now The CW) in 2001 and ran for 217 episodes across 10 seasons, ending in 2011. The show starred Welling as a young Clark Kent and followed his formative years in the Kansas town of Smallville as he developed his abilities and made both friends and enemies along the way. Chief among them was Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor, who began as one of Clark's best friends and slowly transitioned into the Man of Steel's most cunning foe. It also featured appearances from such notable DC heroes as Aquaman, Green Arrow and Black Canary, among others.

The show famously had a "no tights, no flights" edict, meaning Welling's Clark Kent never donned Superman's iconic costume or flew over the course of Smallville, save for the series finale. However, the story continued in comic book form with Smallville Season 11, which picked up where the finale left off and even introduced Batman into the show's continuity.

Welling famously reprised his role as Clark Kent alongside Erica Durance's Lois Lane for the Arrowverse's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover in 2019, where it was revealed that he gave up his powers to live a normal life.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Someone in the comment section implied this might not be real based on the platform it was posted to.
    Last edited by superduperman; 06-24-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    Assassinate Putin!

It would be cool but I'm guessing they are just pitching it. It could become real if there is enough fan support.

I would rather it be a continuation of the comic, that was a awesome universe
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Well, we've got confirmation from a second source anyway. Someone would know better than I would how reliable this all is:

https://www.themarysue.com/tom-welli...imated-sequel/
    Assassinate Putin!

Another source confirming it:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...enbaum-worked/

Hope all this isn't just one giant oroboros of information feeding off itself. I really want this to happen.
    Assassinate Putin!

Assassinate Putin!

None of those are confirming the cartoon is actually happening, they’re just confirming that Welling indeed said that. Even if Welling and Rosenbaum are indeed pitching a series, there’s no guarantee it will happen. If there’s movement on it we will probably get confirmation at Fandom, otherwise don’t hold your breaths lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    None of those are confirming the cartoon is actually happening, they’re just confirming that Welling indeed said that. Even if Welling and Rosenbaum are indeed pitching a series, there’s no guarantee it will happen. If there’s movement on it we will probably get confirmation at Fandom, otherwise don’t hold your breaths lol.
    If enough people want it, they might go ahead and do it. I hope HBOMax or somebody in the WB wheelhouse picks it up. Maybe we should petition them like the Snyder-bros did.
    Assassinate Putin!

It would be cool to get another Superman cartoon, even if I wouldn't have expected it to be Smallville related.

Would it be adapting season 11 ?

I'm hoping it's an alternate take on his career as Superman that has no connection to COIE or the books.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am definitely interested...I hope they have good animators.I have outgrown smallville.But,still would like to revisit the verse.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

No thanks. In the Crisis bit part he did, he clearly gave up his power to raise a family with Lois. It's unclear who the "super"-person (besides Kara) is in that world anymore. There's apparently a justice league, just not with Clark.
    The show was so fanatical about "he's not Superman in this show", I don't know what kind of territory they could possibly cover that hasn't been done to death already. the actor and the 'character' are pushing 40 at this point easily.. Either he's Superman or leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm hoping it's an alternate take on his career as Superman that has no connection to COIE or the books.
    I would be kind of bummed if it's a series that chronicles up to the point where he gave his powers up.

Season 11 comic was perfect, and had him being superman and growing the universe with heroes.

Amd if he gives up being superman, Conner would take over for him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.