View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1367 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 36786712671317135713631364136513661367136813691370137113771417 ... LastLast
Results 20,491 to 20,505 of 21670
    Incredible Member

I wish the black label dark Knight returns hardcover had been released in the states. It was solicited and then pulled. I need a new hardcover edition and there is really no ideal choice for me. The Absolute Dark Knight is one of the rare Absolute releases I don’t love, and then there are the paperbacks and the “box set”, which is sort of a mess, imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    My copy arrived yesterday, so I can confirm that the book does exist! It's almost 1200 pages too.
    Now I am jonesing for JLA Bronze Age 4 to complete the JLA reprints through the Satellite era, any predictions on when it will be solicited???

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES OMNIBUS
    Writer: JAMES TYNION IV
    Artist: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II
    Cover: KEVIN EASTMAN
    $99.99 US | 576 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-340-3
    ON SALE 12/28/21
    Batman and Robin team up with Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael to take on villains from two dimensions! DC Comics and IDW Publishing proudly present the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles omnibus, collecting all three Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover miniseries along with never-before-seen extras.

SUPERMAN/BATMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Writers: MICHAEL GREEN, MIKE JOHNSON, JOE CASEY, PAUL LEVITZ, and others
    Artists: SHANE DAVIS, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, and others Cover: FRANCIS MANAPUL
    $125.00 US | 1232 PGS | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-023-5
    ON SALE 12/21/21
    Batman has trained extensively to become a feared caped crusader. His Kryptonian friend Superman was born with superhuman abilities that humans could never dream of. Together, they are the World’s Finest. Superman/Batman Omnibus Vol. 2 features some of the duo’s darkest trials from Superman/Batman #44-87 and Superman/Batman Annual #3-5.

WONDER WOMAN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Writer: BOB KANIGHER, JULIUS SCHWARTZ, JACK SCHIFF, and others
    Artists: ROSS ANDRU, MORRIS WALDINGER, HENRY BOLTINOFF, MIKE ESPOSITO and others
    Cover: ROSS ANDRU
    $99.99 US | 696 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-336-6
    ON SALE 12/14/21
    These fantastical stories from the 1950s and 1960s take Wonder Woman from Paradise Island to Man’s World, to the bottom of the ocean, and even to outer space, and they introduce Wonder Girl, Wonder Tot, and more! Collects stories from Wonder Woman #98-123, many reprinted in color for the first time!

BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN: DARK VICTORY: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Writers: JEPH LOEB
    Artist: TIM SALE
    Cover: TIM SALE
    $49.99 US | 416 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover ISBN: 978-1-77951-483-7
    ON SALE 12/21/21
    One of Batman’s greatest mysteries returns to hardcover! This new edition of an all-time classic features the gripping sequel to Batman: The Long Halloween with new cover art by Tim Sale and dozens of behind-the-scenes extras.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES OMNIBUS
    Writer: JAMES TYNION IV
    Artist: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II
    Cover: KEVIN EASTMAN
    $99.99 US | 576 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-340-3
    ON SALE 12/28/21
    Batman and Robin team up with Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael to take on villains from two dimensions! DC Comics and IDW Publishing proudly present the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles omnibus, collecting all three Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover miniseries along with never-before-seen extras.
    Looks good but wish they had also included the Batman Adventures/Turtles Adventures crossover as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Looks good but wish they had also included the Batman Adventures/Turtles Adventures crossover as well!
    Yes, I'm just wondering whether we'll get an Expanded edition at some point. This one is awfully thin for a price tage of $100. Maybe it's something to do with splitting the costs/profits with IDW?

Incredible Member

Haven't been keeping track, but with WW entering the Silver Age for her omnis, does that mean we finally get some Silver Age Supes coming at us?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Haven't been keeping track, but with WW entering the Silver Age for her omnis, does that mean we finally get some Silver Age Supes coming at us?
    There are no Silver Age Superman omnis currently solicited, the next Golden Age volume is 7

From what we have been told Batman & Superman won't get Silver Age volumes until their Golden Age reprints are completed (Batman may have reached this point now or may have one final Golden Age volume still to follow, we won't know until DC posts the next solicits)

With Wonder Woman I believe there has been restoration issues with the Golden Age material so DC decided to jump ahead to the Silver Age (some of which was already restored for the Wonder Woman: Amazon Princess Archive)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default Why doesn't DC do more completed collections?

It's clear DC is very stubborn when it comes to Omnibuses and collecting overall runs or stories so why don't they just do completed collection TPBs/HCs like Marvel? I've been buying so many completed collections from various Marvel runs and I'm starting to prefer them over Omnibuses. The only time DC has done so, that I'm aware, was the Injustice comics.

Marvel has old runs and modern runs in this format and it helps immensely. I don't understand why DC can't do this. It's less volume coverage since they can fit more issues in one book and I'm sure people would buy them up.

Incredible Member

I believe for DC it boils down to sales & pre-orders

For example, for Superman they released one volume of Superman: Blue in 2018 (which was listed to be the first of 4 volumes https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...by-karl-kesel/) but no other volumes ever materialised

However they have successfully released near complete run of Wally West's Flash series from issue #62 to #225 across 14 books (the Flash by Waid/Morrison & Millar/Johns) as well as a volume at the start of the run (The Flash: Savage Velocity of issues #1-#18) so hopefully that sold well enough to get the rest of the run (#19-#61 plus the post-Johns issues of #226-#247)

Likewise a large amount of Wonder Woman volume 2 and Batman post-Crisis has almost been completed

I am hoping for more Silver Age collections from DC.
    I've been hoping for more World's Finest omnibuses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It's clear DC is very stubborn when it comes to Omnibuses and collecting overall runs or stories so why don't they just do completed collection TPBs/HCs like Marvel? I've been buying so many completed collections from various Marvel runs and I'm starting to prefer them over Omnibuses. The only time DC has done so, that I'm aware, was the Injustice comics.

Marvel has old runs and modern runs in this format and it helps immensely. I don't understand why DC can't do this. It's less volume coverage since they can fit more issues in one book and I'm sure people would buy them up.
    Part of it is a vicious circle on DC's part - they don't finish a few runs, then they space out runs WAY too far apart, so fans won't start out subsequent runs. For example, the Superman Red/Blue run didn't get good sales, but I'm inclined to believe that was at least in part because there was no solicitation for a volume 2 to let ANYONE know that DC was committed to the bit.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

yea, just got Justice League the Bronze Age #3 but there is no idea when #4 will (if ever be)solicited, sigh.