Page 627 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They should be super powered. T'Challa needs more villains that aren't so reliant on tech and can actually throw down with their own powers. Tetu was basically the only recent villain who had potential to be a very powerful rogue, but he was wasted. T'Challa needs villains who, on paper, and vastly Stronger than he is
    That's a fair point. They could get biotech enhancements or augmentations to make themselves into the "superior beings" they think they already are, all the better to throw down with the Black Panther and the enhancements he gets from the Heart-Shaped Herb.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Going back to the video game idea regarding the villains, the way I’d revamp Madame Slay is to take her ability to control leopards and change it to that she can control any animal. It would essentially be kinda similar to what Aquaman can do with sea life. It would be a really useful power since Africa has no shortage of dangerous animals.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That is an EXCELLENT use of the Supremacists! Never thought about the US gov using them as destabilization mercs.
    Thanks. I'm glad you like my idea. To me, it would also work as commentary on or allegory for the real-world history of US-led or -backed destabilizations of other countries' governments to neutralize real and/or perceived threats to "American interests," sometimes more accurately translated as American corporate interests.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Going back to the video game idea regarding the villains, the way I’d revamp Madame Slay is to take her ability to control leopards and change it to that she can control any animal. It would essentially be kinda similar to what Aquaman can do with sea life. It would be a really useful power since Africa has no shortage of dangerous animals.
    I like that idea. Being able to control animals . . . possibly see through their eyes as well, to give her a kind of "natural" surveillance network that could potentially foil the Black Panther's stealth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

She has any physical powers?
    Maybe she could become a Vixen type.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah I totally get you, I feel the same way. I’d rather Storm not appear at all and we just move on and put the last couple years behind us. If Ridley handles it poorly or insists on making a Storm a big part of the book, I’ll probably jump off as well. But given the international politics focus he’s hyping with this run, T’Challa’s Ex who is now queen of Mars does feel like something he’d want to touch on at some point. Heh who knows, maybe Ridley is setting up Storm to be one of T’Challa’s foes?
    Whole it would be interesting, I don't see T'Challa coming out on top out if it. Plus it would just play into the toxicity of black men and women being pitted against one another.

The solicits say its not a happy reunion, have T'Challa come in, say his peace and bounce. No asking for help, no asking her to come back to him. Just straight up gangsta isht. Bonus points if he takes something from them or has some big reveal he is 3 step's ahead

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I only made it the first half the shuri series, couldn't take it anymore, I don't enjoy Nnedi writing at all.
    The middle by Vita Ayala is a bit better. It feels very Champions or some other teenage audience book, but I'm fine with Shuri there (although I feel like they've aged her down).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a fair point. They could get biotech enhancements or augmentations to make themselves into the "superior beings" they think they already are, all the better to throw down with the Black Panther and the enhancements he gets from the Heart-Shaped Herb.
    Well I would say that they are already super powered from gilis run, simply update their looks and fine tune their power's. I believe white avenger for instance was kinda like super man. So simply play on that. Again the supremacists were on paper stronger than T'Challa. I guess you could take it further and have them have biotech as well to make them that much more deadly. So not only does T'Challa have to contend with their tech, but their actual powers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The middle by Vita Ayala is a bit better. It feels very Champions or some other teenage audience book, but I'm fine with Shuri there (although I feel like they've aged her down).
    The beginning of Nnedis Shuri mini I'd horrible because she tries to turn WHY Shuri didn't become BP/queen was because she was "born the wrong gender" and that as kids T'Challa resented her or something which is dumb and feeds into an agends when In reality she was just as capable and it's because she was in a hurry and rushed that T'Challa beat it to her. Which also plays into their difference. Shuri rushed head first while T'Challa took measured steps and was very deliberate in His actions

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

OT, but MBJ basically disagrees with Coates on this.

“"Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

The distinction is an important one, particularly within the Black community, as Broadnax explained how it would be tone-deaf of Warner Bros. and DC to 'racebend a white character and erase Black characters that already exist in the DC universe under the Superman banner — Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod.'”

I guess we can cross Killmonger out as far as returning to Marvel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    OT, but MBJ basically disagrees with Coates on this.

“"Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

The distinction is an important one, particularly within the Black community, as Broadnax explained how it would be tone-deaf of Warner Bros. and DC to 'racebend a white character and erase Black characters that already exist in the DC universe under the Superman banner — Calvin Ellis and Val-Zod.'”

I guess we can cross Killmonger out as far as returning to Marvel as well.
    Good. Maybe now the mantle crowd can stfu about him being revived and redeemed. LOL.

Oh and we’ve got some avengers info. Y’all ready to see the sexiest Black Panther suit to date? 942A0C8D-414F-44FE-ACFD-C00738D11741.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

What up fellas!
    I'm saying this here for posterity sake. I'm speculating some things about Black Panther 2 (will see how wrong I am in a year ):

1. Michaela Coel will be "a Black Panther," from Wakanda's past. They will show her in flashbacks which will tie Wakanda to Atlantis, establishing conflict for the present. Yemandi the pirate BP??

2. The Golden frogs will make an appearance and possibly bring another Black Panther to the present (or maybe take T'Challa out of the present so he doesn't have to "die").

That said they need to #RecastTchalla and stop with the bullshit.

Also, what Black Panther stories have been good over the past few years? I stop at Coates second TPB with a pain in my heart. I never check out any of the spinoffs of BP stories in other books except the brief Ultimates run. Of course I'm well-versed on all pre-Coates BP so I don't need any other those recommendations. I'm not active on here but I'm been lurking for years. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Also, what Black Panther stories have been good over the past few years? I stop at Coates second TPB with a pain in my heart. I never check out any of the spinoffs of BP stories in other books except the brief Ultimates run. Of course I'm well-versed on all pre-Coates BP so I don't need any other those recommendations. I'm not active on here but I'm been lurking for years. Thanks.
    Just this:

Good. Maybe now the mantle crowd can stfu about him being revived and redeemed. LOL.

Oh and we’ve got some avengers info. Y’all ready to see the sexiest Black Panther suit to date? 942A0C8D-414F-44FE-ACFD-C00738D11741.jpg
    Damn that's straight fire! Cape needs to make a come back for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Just this:

best of the bunch by far

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Decided to look at Feige's twitter for the first time a long time.

He changed his profile picture back to Black Panther (now whether he did that right after Chad's death Idk, but I remembered it was something else. My gut says he just changed it not too long ago)

One of his last tweets was "Miss you" to the Boseman promo. Also he retweeted the Marvel Studios tweet offering condolences. Just so happen to click the tweet and man it seems like a majority of them were saying not to recast, theyd' be angry and disgusted if they if they did, etc etc.

If you really think back to that time most of twitter seemed to be anti-recast (even I understood it at that time). I think Feige and crew just went with their first emotional reaction and fliched at the pushback of a potential recast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Decided to look at Feige's twitter for the first time a long time.

He changed his profile picture back to Black Panther (now whether he did that right after Chad's death Idk, but I remembered it was something else. My gut says he just changed it not too long ago)

One of his last tweets was "Miss you" to the Boseman promo. Also he retweeted the Marvel Studios tweet offering condolences. Just so happen to click the tweet and man it seems like a majority of them were saying not to recast, theyd' be angry and disgusted if they if they did, etc etc.

If you really think back to that time most of twitter seemed to be anti-recast (even I understood it at that time). I think Feige and crew just went with their first emotional reaction and fliched at the pushback of a potential recast.
    Yeah Chadwick was his only choice for Tchalla so it's pretty personal for Feige.