Page 394 of 719 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 10783

Silver Surfers vs Jean:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Silver Surfers vs Jean:

I love seeing Jean beating the Surfer!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah strength can be exerted upon a TK shield or field and if sufficient enough, can break through, usually causing feedback to the one projecting the TK, similar to Invisible Woman's shields.

Jean was able to lift Juggernaut on 2 different occasions, but in the second one he starts exerting force a breaks free...too bad we never got to see Jean make good on her assertion that she's now strong enough to hold him

Another example is right at the start of the X-Cutioner's song, Caliban attacks Scott and Jean and is both shrugging off Scott's optic blasts and can't be held by Jean's TK grip.

What irks me though is when writers make Jean struggle to hold someone well below her strength threshold, like in Sabertooth Into the Red Zone...I don't care how enraged he was, he's not strong enough to break through her TK grip. In the same issue where she is breaking his bones and flinging him around like a ragdoll no less. The issue also implies Jean's flying speed is slowing than a subway train...wtf?

BANNED

Teen Jean really got up to some action. The stuff against Galactus, the Surfers, Poisons, etc, were nice, but that issue against The Blob was fantastic. The most action-packed TK story ever.

They would never let Jean have an issue like that in this era. Not only because she was an action hero and not just a superhero's girlfriend but also because it'd be hard to pull that issue off with a character in a skirt.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-24-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Teen Jean really got up to some action. The stuff against Galactus, the Surfers, Poisons, etc, were nice, but that issue against The Blob was fantastic. The most action-packed TK story ever.

They would never let Jean have an issue like that in this era. Not only because she was an action hero and not just a superhero's girlfriend but also because it'd be hard to pull that issue off with a character in a skirt.
    Ehhh we've seen less dressed characters doing much more.
    I doubt her clothing is the reason she hasn't gotten as much action as she did in the above era

BANNED

Screenshot_20210724-104715_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104723_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104734_Comics.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt her clothing is the reason she hasn't gotten as much action as she did in the above era
    The dress isn't the cause really, just another symptom of the current...interpretation...of the character.

I did not appreciate the All-New era as much as I should have at the time it was coming out.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-24-2021 at 08:54 AM.

[QUOTE =Kitty&Piotr<3;5648125]Screenshot_20210724-104715_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104723_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104734_Comics.jpg[/QUOTE]

Cool.

People always doubt her and the creators handling her, yet she always comes back and stronger. I have no doubt she will be kicking ass during this era - she’s already done some amazing things - but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I was talking to someone on Twitter about the pivotal role Hickman wrote for Moira MacTaggert and yet she’s done almost nothing since HoX/PoX. I hear she’ll be coming back in a big way. As I’ve cautioned you, I will caution others: Don’t underestimate Hickman and his plans for Jean. As evidenced in his interviews, he’s given Jean much thought as a character, not only defining her as “prominent” in his story, but disclosing everything from his preference for her costume colors to what distinguishes her as a telepath - the most powerful one, I might add, per his ranking.

He’s also a long game writer.

Extraordinary Member

Cool.

People always doubt her and the creators handling her, yet she always comes back and stronger. I have no doubt she will be kicking ass during this era - she’s already done some amazing things - but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I was talking to someone on Twitter about the pivotal role Hickman wrote for Moira MacTaggert and yet she’s done almost nothing since HoX/PoX. I hear she’ll be coming back in a big way. As I’ve cautioned you, I will caution others: Don’t underestimate Hickman and his plans for Jean. As evidenced in his interviews, he’s given Jean much thought as a character, not only defining her as “prominent” in his story, but disclosing everything from his preference for her costume colors to what distinguishes her as a telepath - the most powerful one, I might add, per his ranking.

He’s also a long game writer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.I mean she is one of the main X-men.

I agree.Hickman is amazing.I do doubt he himself has plans for Jean but she will surely do good with Gerry Duggan.
    But time will tell

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Screenshot_20210724-104715_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104723_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20210724-104734_Comics.jpg

The dress isn't the cause really, just another symptom of the current...interpretation...of the character.

I did not appreciate the All-New era as much as I should have at the time it was coming out.
    Hot take but I like the dress and it makes sense for Krakoa era.

BANNED

Hot take but I like the dress and it makes sense for Krakoa era.
    I don't know how it makes sense for the era especially, but I LIKE the dress too. I don't like the ethos behind it.

Hyper-femme Jean is my jam, actually, but she still needs to be an ass-kicker. This era's Jean is a wuss.

If she was a badass in spite of the dress that would be an entirely different thing, but the dress is about her not being Phoenix, not being powerful, not being fiery, not being fearsome, not being a warrior. I don't like the thought behind it at all.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-24-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah strength can be exerted upon a TK shield or field and if sufficient enough, can break through, usually causing feedback to the one projecting the TK, similar to Invisible Woman's shields.

Jean was able to lift Juggernaut on 2 different occasions, but in the second one he starts exerting force a breaks free...too bad we never got to see Jean make good on her assertion that she's now strong enough to hold him

Another example is right at the start of the X-Cutioner's song, Caliban attacks Scott and Jean and is both shrugging off Scott's optic blasts and can't be held by Jean's TK grip.

What irks me though is when writers make Jean struggle to hold someone well below her strength threshold, like in Sabertooth Into the Red Zone...I don't care how enraged he was, he's not strong enough to break through her TK grip. In the same issue where she is breaking his bones and flinging him around like a ragdoll no less. The issue also implies Jean's flying speed is slowing than a subway train...wtf?
    They also had Jean try and lift the Juggy in one of the x-men cartoons. I think she should have tried to shove him, hold him in place while they moved out of the way, or used her TK on an arm or a leg rather than try to lift someone so heavy and massive. His power always seems to right himself and would work against hers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love seeing Jean beating the Surfer!
    I loved that scene and it does bring up some questions about the Teen Jean version that never went back (correct me if I'm getting this all messed up it has been awhile since I've read X-men Blue): They call her phoenix and she manifests a pink Phoenix signaling she is using her own power and using her pink form. I wonder if it was a choice or if this was showing where she had in the Generations story absorbed some psychic energies from Phoenix. This version of Jean often declared she wasn't Phoenix and didn't want to go down the same road as her older self.

The pink form was a great evolution for Jean because it gave her something to replace the Phoenix or even a way possibly to explain her control/connection to the Phoenix, but it also gives her a power-up with limits since it is based on absorbing psychic energies around her. I hate that it got dropped. It also would allow her to amp her tk so that it could sometimes be omega or near omega level without it being at that level all the time - again giving her reasonable limits so she's not overpowered.

The closest thing we'll get to the so-called pink form these days is her astral form look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Silver Surfers vs Jean:

Are we now counting What Jean did in "Generations" Jean/Jeen (Phoenix) vs Galactus and "X-Men #35" Jean/Jeen (Phoenix) vs Silver Surfer as a confirmed continuity power stunts?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-24-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Are we now counting What Jean did in "Generations" Jean/Jeen (Phoenix) vs Galactus and "X-Men #35" Jean/Jeen (Phoenix) vs Silver Surfer as a confirmed continuity power stunts?
    I personally think the former involving Galactus can be counted, but the latter one regarding the Silver Surfers should not.

Her Galactus one would be a part of Teen Jean’s memories after she went back to the past. Her adult self even recalls that confrontation in the second to last issue of X-Men: Blue.

The silver surfer feat though would be one that takes place in an alternate future that would become non-existent based on Teen Jean going back to her time. Magneto probably can attest that it once did exist, but that Teen Jean that grew up would have had completely different experiences compared to the current adult Jean or even the real Teen Jean that went home.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Quite frankly, I am counting it all, especially since it was Jean, not a robot or a clone or a shapeshifter or a fraud; it was the real Jean Grey expressing aspects of her fullest potential.

Also, someone please direct me to the interview(s) or rule book that clearly states we are not to consider some of the moments I’ve posted ad Jean Grey or canon, for that matter. I’m not being snarky, mind you, but would like to see these rules if, in fact, they exist.