Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1758
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bruce isn't above abusing his power. I'm sure his company's shareholders wonder why so much money gets pumped into R&D when nothing it produces goes to market.
    Yeah, but theoretically he's against criminals escaping from prison.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but theoretically he's against criminals escaping from prison.
    Dick threw himself in prison as a form of self punishment over his guilt over Jericho. Considering how often he was incarcerated in Arkham he's no stranger to false or self inflicted imprisonment.

Ultimate Member

Dick threw himself in prison as a form of self punishment over his guilt over Jericho. Considering how often he was incarcerated in Arkham he's no stranger to false or self inflicted imprisonment.
    Yeah, but maybe Bruce might've thought it was a stupid idea in the first place so he should've stayed in prison until he grew some brains

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bruce isn't above abusing his power. I'm sure his company's shareholders wonder why so much money gets pumped into R&D when nothing it produces goes to market.
    Speculation.
    I doubt the worlds greatest detective doesn't allow some products from R&D into commercial &/or military use. Yes, that would be a red flag.
    Bruce either adapts tech for Bat use making them better or limits the destructive force for the commercial or military products allowed to come out of R&D.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Speculation.
    I doubt the worlds greatest detective doesn't allow some products from R&D into commercial &/or military use. Yes, that would be a red flag.
    Bruce either adapts tech for Bat use making them better or limits the destructive force for the commercial or military products allowed to come out of R&D.
    I'm sure he does. In the Arkham games, all the security provided to the asylum and other prisons in Gotham is provided by Wayne Tech. So he definitely invests something to keep his villains locked up.

...How many times is Bruce incarcerated in Arkham? That's not a villain plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...How many times is Bruce incarcerated in Arkham? That's not a villain plot?
    The Last Arkham. Batman staged insanity to get committed into Arkham in that story. Things went horribly wrong from there.

Yeah, but maybe Bruce might've thought it was a stupid idea in the first place so he should've stayed in prison until he grew some brains
    Well, we'll see if he's gotten better since breaking out. Either way, Bruce has let worse slide.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, we'll see if he's gotten better since breaking out. Either way, Bruce has let worse slide.
    I still don't get why Dick did it in the first place. We waited almost 2 seasons for Nightwing, and that's how he shows up?

I still don't get why Dick did it in the first place. We waited almost 2 seasons for Nightwing, and that's how he shows up?
    He was in a bad place emotionally. It wasn't a rational decision and it wasn't presented as such.

As for how he became Nightwing, it could have been better but there are worse ways.

As I said before, he was wrecked with guilt over his role in getting Jericho killed and he kept that secret from his teammates. He finally told them it broke up the team. He got himself arrested and throw into prison as a means to atone.

Ultimate Member

As I said before, he was wrecked with guilt over his role in getting Jericho killed and he kept that secret from his teammates. He finally told them it broke up the team. He got himself arrested and throw into prison as a means to atone.
    Yeah, he was wrecked with guilt. But throwing himself in prison? What does that accomplish? Idk, maybe I'm missing something, but I can imagine Dick Grayson of all people might find some better way to atone.

Yeah, he was wrecked with guilt. But throwing himself in prison? What does that accomplish? Idk, maybe I'm missing something, but I can imagine Dick Grayson of all people might find some better way to atone.
    He wasn't trying to atone. He was trying to punish himself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I guess this depends on the individual viewer but I rolled my eyes at this part of the show, and I was already iffy on a lot of the second season. At least we finally got Nightwing, but the journey was too rocky

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I don't think that was the case, either. Right before he assaulted the marshals that got him thrown in jail, he was about to buy a plane ticket to the most isolated place he could find. It isn't so much punishment as it is isolation. He has somehow conflated his physical presence with the pain, violence and death that his bad choices have brought into being. He puts himself in jail so he won't be around to hurt his friends anymore. A concept that is undermined by the ease with which he escapes later, but don't tell the writers that or they might have to think a little bit next time.

And then the ultimate revelation Dick has isn't nearly as meaningful as the writers want to portray it either. He realizes Jericho is still alive, and is thus absolved of his guilt for killing him. But Dick never really has to accept that Deathstroke and Jericho both made choices. It really shouldn't be about Dick's man-pain, it should be about Jericho's sacrifice to save him. But to the writers, and thus Dick, Jericho's agency is meaningless and his choices aren't worth giving credit to. Rather than Dick accept that Jericho chose him as a brother and gave his life to try and save him, it becomes about Dick's grief that he killed Jericho and his joy that he doesn't need to carry that weight anymore.

They could have used Dick's acceptance of Jericho's choice to strengthen Dick's resolve, and his later realization that Jericho is actually still alive to drive him to action to repay the deed. Instead, Jericho is used as a prop for Dick's pain and insecurity with himself. The ultimate irony is that, as presented, Deathstroke gave more concern to his children's agency and choices than Dick ever did. Even if his response is disappointment and anger, at least he acknowledged that they made choices on their own.