Page 115 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

I’d let Wyatt do whatever he wants to do first, much like Black. They don’t really need stables if they’re happy to be solo stars. The main thing they need is someone willing to give them substantial victories.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'd rather see Rotunda have a round in Japan first.

He'd be killer over there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    According to Meltzer Wyatt's release was due to budget cuts.

Not a bad idea!
    Yeah, I'm also reading that John Laurenities told him that it was budget cuts.

Which is crazy because The Fiend character was selling a ton of merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, I'm also reading that John Laurenities told him that it was budget cuts.

Which is crazy because The Fiend character was selling a ton of merchandise.
    Exactly. That logic is idiotic. "We need to save money, so let's fire one of the wrestlers that sells the most merchandise!"

I know it's just mindless speculation, and I've been one of those people that have fought against the "they sky is falling" crowd with WWE in the past, but with a lot of the business decisions they've made over the past 1-2 years, it honestly feels to me like they're readying to sell the company.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Exactly. That logic is idiotic. "We need to save money, so let's fire one of the wrestlers that sells the most merchandise!"

I know it's just mindless speculation, and I've been one of those people that have fought against the "they sky is falling" crowd with WWE in the past, but with a lot of the business decisions they've made over the past 1-2 years, it honestly feels to me like they're readying to sell the company.
    *If* they were planning to sell the company, than it might make some sense to free the company up of Wyatt’s contract.

If they aren’t… then it’s just some form of hubristic idiocy, no matter what the ostensible reason is. If you’ve reached a point where you want to free-up wage space, Wyatt should be one fo the *very* last people you consider. I mean, I could actually kind of get releasing Braun; Vince could argue he’d “created” him in a way that proved the “system” worked, so Braun’s success would “prove” he wasn’t a unique commodity… but Bray’s been as much a creative force as a talent.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Insane news about Bray being released from WWE today. Honestly, with all these releases and rumors that folks like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are heading to AEW, it’s like Vince wants AEW to take WWE’s spot as the top wrestling promotion.

There are several reasons going around for Bray’s release one bring budget cuts and the other being that Bray is still trying to heal mentally from Brodie Lee’s death ( they were really close). Third is that Bray is also very protective of his Fiend character and clashed with WWE creative on how his character should return etc.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd say its a combination of Wyatt's being strong willed and the WWE afraid of giving a wrestler that type of control again. That this move is more a punishment deal for Bray because he isn't playing WWE ball with creative.

Then you have the company needing to spend millions of dollars to go live again and handle some lean selling ticket issues. Which has them needing money there.

And finally the insider trading suit case that just hit weeks ago. The last one they settled for millions of dollars. This one could be bigger.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

AEW just filed for a King of Harts trademark on top of American Dragon.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also it wasn't just Punk and Danielson on AEWs wish list. They offered Kurt Angle a contract according to him about coming in to work matches.

Angle sadly declined it saying he's in no physical shape to wrestle anymore. That he's in pain and from what he claimed days before...he will be having a neck fusion surgery soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Insane news about Bray being released from WWE today. Honestly, with all these releases and rumors that folks like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are heading to AEW, it’s like Vince wants AEW to take WWE’s spot as the top wrestling promotion.

There are several reasons going around for Bray’s release one bring budget cuts and the other being that Bray is still trying to heal mentally from Brodie Lee’s death ( they were really close). Third is that Bray is also very protective of his Fiend character and clashed with WWE creative on how his character should return etc.
    idk why he's protective of the character at this point, that character is ruined. i hope he finds something new and equally unique.

looks like i'll get the switchblade reunion i've been wanting will finally happen. sadly it won't be on tv.

did anybody watch impact last night?? i forgot they were doing a show.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-01-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    idk why he's protective of the character at this point, that character is ruined. i hope he finds something new and equally unique.

looks like i'll get the switchblade reunion i've been wanting will finally happen. sadly it won't be on tv.

did anybody watch impact last night?? i forgot they were doing a show.
    I’d be protective of my creativity, not just a single persona I’d created, even from just a strictly business perspective at this point.

WWE managed to ruin previous gimmicks Wyatt had gotten over by simply being too impatient and short-sighted to give him just the handful of serious victories he’d need to prolong their shelf-lifes into more than a decade of profitability for himself and the company… then he went and reinvented himself again for an entirely new, merchandise-heavy gimmick that got over, sold like gangbusters… and promptly got impatiently wasted again.

And let’s say that, hypothetically, Wyatt figures he could resuscitate and resurrect the Fiend gimmick even just a bit to maximize its remaining profit (and given this is wrestling, that could potentially happen at a big profitability margin)… would he want to work with WWE creative towards that goal when they’ll just waste it again?

We’re see the old joke about “What’s Vince McMahon wants to be best for business vs What’s actually best for business” aspect of WWE play out again.

Vince remains maybe the greatest businessman in his industry, but his control freak tendencies and denial about his mediocre booking skills means that he has a genuine compulsion to “prove” his creative genius at the expense of his talent and holistic bottom-line; because he’s such a ruthlessly effective businessman in ensuring his company’s profits through network deals and contracts, he can afford to live in a fantasy land where he dictates what the most profitable booking is and how important his “system” is compared to his talent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’d be protective of my creativity, not just a single persona I’d created, even from just a strictly business perspective at this point.

WWE managed to ruin previous gimmicks Wyatt had gotten over by simply being too impatient and short-sighted to give him just the handful of serious victories he’d need to prolong their shelf-lifes into more than a decade of profitability for himself and the company… then he went and reinvented himself again for an entirely new, merchandise-heavy gimmick that got over, sold like gangbusters… and promptly got impatiently wasted again.

And let’s say that, hypothetically, Wyatt figures he could resuscitate and resurrect the Fiend gimmick even just a bit to maximize its remaining profit (and given this is wrestling, that could potentially happen at a big profitability margin)… would he want to work with WWE creative towards that goal when they’ll just waste it again?

We’re see the old joke about “What’s Vince McMahon wants to be best for business vs What’s actually best for business” aspect of WWE play out again.

Vince remains maybe the greatest businessman in his industry, but his control freak tendencies and denial about his mediocre booking skills means that he has a genuine compulsion to “prove” his creative genius at the expense of his talent and holistic bottom-line; because he’s such a ruthlessly effective businessman in ensuring his company’s profits through network deals and contracts, he can afford to live in a fantasy land where he dictates what the most profitable booking is and how important his “system” is compared to his talent.
    I agree with all of this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say its a combination of Wyatt's being strong willed and the WWE afraid of giving a wrestler that type of control again. That this move is more a punishment deal for Bray because he isn't playing WWE ball with creative.

Then you have the company needing to spend millions of dollars to go live again and handle some lean selling ticket issues. Which has them needing money there.

And finally the insider trading suit case that just hit weeks ago. The last one they settled for millions of dollars. This one could be bigger.
    Nah it was theft

"Thank you so much for coming up with such an incredible gimmick(time & time again)one so cool & over, we really didn’t know how to book it right. So we just gave it to someone else so we can still make ALL the money off of it & let you go.’ This isn’t against Alexa. I love her. She’s an incredible performer who is killing it in a role she was given. She always does. We as artists take every role we’re given & turn it into gold. He, she, they both did that. Like it/not. Facts are facts. So sorry if that offends you.” - Mickie James

I do think Windham ends up as NWA champion within the next 100 days or so.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE caught slipping again. Apparently Adam Cole's contract expired at the Great American Bash. WWE officials didn't catch this as they thought his contract was up in December. At the moment he's agreed to work until Summer Slam.

What the hell is going on over there

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE caught slipping again. Apparently Adam Cole's contract expired at the Great American Bash. WWE officials didn't catch this as they thought his contract was up in December. At the moment he's agreed to work until Summer Slam.

What the hell is going on over there
    Unless they plan to move him to the main roster, I can see him either leaving due to a low-ball offer or getting cut. He's probably the highest paid person in NXT, which they still consider developmental.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans