Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not much to say about Lorna today. She does fight Luminous, and doesn't do too well. However, I enjoyed her being the second to attack, and the rapport she has with Rogue. Cute issue, and I loved seeing Lorna giving Luminous a hard time.
    It was amazing to see Lorna land a punch on Luminous, who has the same speed or faster than Mercury!

Lol and it looks like the fact that Polaris has a PhD in Geophysics hasn't been forgotten, she was going to talk about something involving her PhD while arresting Luminous.
    Last edited by Stormy; 09-22-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It was amazing to see Lorna land a punch on Luminous, who has the same speed or faster than Mercury!
    Agreed! I thought she had some stellar moments.

…and it looks like the fact that Polaris has a PhD in Geophysics hasn't been forgotten, she was going to talk about something involving her PhD while arresting Luminous.
    I have a feeling, in the long run, Duggan is going to delve deeper into and explore the aspects that make each character unique, including Lorna’s academic accomplishments, which will be fantastic to see highlighted. She’s such an underrated and underused character. I’m glad to see her being treated with dignity, respect, and lots of fun in this series. I look forward to getting to know her better!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, jmc247!

I really love when characters are allowed to do creative and fun stuff with their powers. She could have throw metallic elements to her adversaries, but she does something different and creative, and it's something that's actually pretty useful and smart (and fun). I like the way Duggan has been showcasing her powers.

As you say, i t would be great if she also got some of that philosophical edge in this book. We can always have hope.
    It will happen eventually. It has a better chance of happening amongst the core titles. I hope it doesn't have to wait for Magneto to die again before it happens.

This certainly makes sense, thanks for sharing the panel.
    It was a fun storyline to see what they can do even without their powers.

It was also Lorna and Magneto at their best in the early 2000s. They work really well when they have a joint project and enemy to overcome... the Genoshan Magistrates in that instance.

Regarding Trial, I'm not being much of a fan of the book as a whole, I think a lot of stuff does not make sense. Most characters are acting like NPCs. For Lorna, the first issue was pretty pretty bad in my opinion, I don't think she was being well characterized at all, and I felt like the writer just needed to do a super dramatic moment and decided to sacrifice Lorna for it. I think she was potrayed better in the second issue, she seemed more like herself there. Magneto acted too over the top in the second issue. For me, is either Hope manipulating him, or Magneto acting like Doomneto on purpose to distract the X-Men and Avengers.
    I don't disagree. The first issue was really destructive on many levels. The second was less so. Lets hope it ends well.

baumblume

My feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Pietro and Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda .
    I love Dadneto but it is not canon

Fantastic Member

Does anyone recall the exact issue number where it is revealed that Lorna is Magneto’s daughter?
    It is all a little vague / convoluted on the wikis.
    Many thanks!
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Does anyone recall the exact issue number where it is revealed that Lorna is Magneto’s daughter?
    Many thanks!
    Uncanny X-Men #430 I think

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Many thanks!
    It's vague/convoluted because the comics revealed it more than once.

The original case was either X-Men #49 or #50. I think #50. Mesmero abducted her, "awakened" her powers, and revealed she was Magneto's daughter. It got retconned a little bit later, and it got stuck that way for decades, but being Magneto's daughter was how she was originally conceived.

It was un-retconned in either Uncanny X-Men #430 or #431. I believe it was #431. Same issue where we saw her memories of the Genoshan genocide, since she talks about finding lab tests to confirm it and Magneto having announced it to Genosha's populace just before the genocide.

Then Marvel went nearly another decade ignoring it, before Magneto was written on panel acknowledging Lorna as his daughter in Mile Carey's Five Miles South of the Universe (X-Men Legacy #254-#260). Finally, it was further confirmed for her origin story in X-Factor #243. I mention these cases because they helped to reaffirm her return to being Magneto's daughter, and opened up Lorna interacting more with him.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's vague/convoluted because the comics revealed it more than once.

The original case was either X-Men #49 or #50. I think #50. Mesmero abducted her, "awakened" her powers, and revealed she was Magneto's daughter. It got retconned a little bit later, and it got stuck that way for decades, but being Magneto's daughter was how she was originally conceived.

It was un-retconned in either Uncanny X-Men #430 or #431. I believe it was #431. Same issue where we saw her memories of the Genoshan genocide, since she talks about finding lab tests to confirm it and Magneto having announced it to Genosha's populace just before the genocide.

Then Marvel went nearly another decade ignoring it, before Magneto was written on panel acknowledging Lorna as his daughter in Mile Carey's Five Miles South of the Universe (X-Men Legacy #254-#260). Finally, it was further confirmed for her origin story in X-Factor #243. I mention these cases because they helped to reaffirm her return to being Magneto's daughter, and opened up Lorna interacting more with him.
    I thought it was stated in #50 that it was only a ruse---Lorna being Magneto's daughter---to get Lorna to follow Magneto more loyally, since she not only turned out to have his power, but that she was also very powerful in her own right? And that the Magneto in question there was also only a robot?

Therefore, to me, the retcon is when years later, they said Lorna really was the daughter of Magneto.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

As far as I am concerned, Lorna has been Magneto’s daughter since the 1960s. He regarded her with great reverence back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As far as I am concerned, Lorna has been Magneto’s daughter since the 1960s. He regarded her with great reverence back then.
    He did? Cause the Magneto in that story was a ROBOT, not the real Magneto.

What other stories in the 1960's did they appear in together where he showed his reverence towards Lorna?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    He did? Cause the Magneto in that story was a ROBOT, not the real Magneto.

Jean is holding off the High Evolutionary’s entire army while keeping an extinction bomb contained and maintaining her team’s link. It’s crazy ****, but it’s subtle and it gives us a chance to see things like Synch be as badass as he is. #XSpoilers

What other stories in the 1960's did they appear in together where he showed his reverence towards Lorna?
    Was he a robot?! It’s hard to keep track of all of these details! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought it was stated in #50 that it was only a ruse---Lorna being Magneto's daughter---to get Lorna to follow Magneto more loyally, since she not only turned out to have his power, but that she was also very powerful in her own right? And that the Magneto in question there was also only a robot?

Therefore, to me, the retcon is when years later, they said Lorna really was the daughter of Magneto.
    That wasn't in #50. The whole robot thing was a different issue, and it was an incredibly sudden and flimsy retcon at that with little backing to it. The "proof" behind that retcon was that Iceman went to see Lorna's adoptive parents (who to this day we don't know what they look like, or even what their names are), he looked through old newspapers they had, and somehow those newspapers supposedly proved Magneto wasn't her father. Far cry from an objective source with real investigation behind it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

That wasn't in #50. The whole robot thing was a different issue, and it was an incredibly sudden and flimsy retcon at that with little backing to it. The "proof" behind that retcon was that Iceman went to see Lorna's adoptive parents (who to this day we don't know what they look like, or even what their names are), he looked through old newspapers they had, and somehow those newspapers supposedly proved Magneto wasn't her father. Far cry from an objective source with real investigation behind it.
    I thought it was during those issues with Lorna's premiere? Hmmn, I will have to check on this later.

I believe in #48 (I will recheck this as well) while Jean was modeling, the set-supervisor was named "Mr. Dane". Seems kind of far-fetched to just be a stranger with the same name as Lorna who was becoming the main story. Perhaps this is the man that Iceman tracked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Was he a robot?! It’s hard to keep track of all of these details! ��
    Yes, it was a robot. I even mentioned in the post above yours where you stated he showed Lorna reverence.

Thank you for the clarification! My view still stands.