Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What is with all those "hamstring tightness" injuries nearly everyone seems to be suffering from? Did they not stretch? Skip leg day? Cap would be very displeased...

In any event I don't recall seeing so many of this specific injury in other seasons.

Also, another one of those home runs/not home run things happened. A case of overrunning the leading baserunner. Would have thought that one in a season would be enough to remind players not to do that.
    Chronic ligament injures tend to be a sign of PED use, namely a steroid.

I'd look for patterns in teams and/or players but it could just be conditioning, too.

We had a bad year with injuries one year in college and it was due to a bad trainer and conditioning coach. It got WAAAY better the next year when both were gone!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks for posting this link. I loved the article. Votto is one of those players that I love. And not just because he plays for the home town team. But because he is a great guy. this does not get talked about outside of Cincy often and not even here in Cincy because he doesnt make a big deal of it.

But He is always hanging out at the Children's hospital. Sadly Covid has hurt that a bigt. but pre covid he would go there 6 or 7 days a month and spend just hours hanging with the kids. And he never let the local media come with him. He wants it to be about him and the kids. I remember a local Channel 9 reporter ambushed him there one day after Votto told him not to and he had that guy lightweight banned. Had the other players and even the manager not answer his questions or do an interview with him and it pretty much ruined him here.

I just love the guy and in Cincy he is loved I think more then bench. He is my second favorite player on the Reds and 3rd all time favorite baseball player
    You are welcome.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Man ... The Phillies and Mariners won't go quietly into the night, will they?

Let's go Dark Horses!
    I'm so hoping my Phillies can end their 10 year drought.

Nola just gave up 5 runs. 2nd inning. To the Pirates. Unbelievable... Absolutely unbelievable

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Nola just gave up 5 runs. 2nd inning. To the Pirates. Unbelievable... Absolutely unbelievable
    Er...oh. Has he committed hari-kiri yet in penance?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Er...oh. Has he committed hari-kiri yet in penance?
    Lol nah I don't think so.

Phillies heard me complaining I guess. They are up 10-6

Extraordinary Member

Lol nah I don't think so.

Phillies heard me complaining I guess. They are up 10-6
    Ah, better then. Good. Albert Pujols over at the Dodgers is the sort of player every team needs. At least two of the younger Dodgers use his bat in hopes that some of his mojo rubs off on them, I suppose. Seems to have worked.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was screaming bloody murder at Nola who sucked yet again. But, the Phils staged an amazing comeback to score the win. And with the Braves having lost in Arizona, Philly is now two games behind Atlanta for first place in NL East. However, with the Cardinals erasing a 5-1 deficit against Milwaukee to notch their 12th straight win, it's starting to look like the only way for the Phils to make the playoffs is to win their division as they're four games back for the second wild card.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Chronic ligament injures tend to be a sign of PED use, namely a steroid.

I'd look for patterns in teams and/or players but it could just be conditioning, too.

We had a bad year with injuries one year in college and it was due to a bad trainer and conditioning coach. It got WAAAY better the next year when both were gone!
    My personal feeling is that it's pandemic related in that the players probably didn't have the access to personal coaches like so many use. The steroid thing would make sense if it was just one or two teams and one or two players. But this is MLB wide, with no apparent pattern I can see. I suppose we'll see more next season, if those injury lists seem like this one, or are more normal.

Basically, Captain America is pissed at a lot of Major Leaguers for skipping leg day...

My Phillies came from behind to beat Pittsburgh 8-6 last night while Atlanta lost a (kinda sorta) twin bill in San Diego last night. As a result, the Phightins are only a game behind the Braves for first place in NL East. With the second NL wild card seemingly out of reach after St. Louis swept the Cubs for their FOURTEENTH straight win, the Phils will have to keep their own little roll going and capture the division to make the playoffs.

Scoreboard watching is absolutely hellish: After my Phillies blanked Pittsburgh 3-0 yesterday afternoon, I watched Braves-Padres on FOX that night, knowing that an Atlanta loss would pull Philly half a game away from first in NL Least. Things looked great early after a Manny Machado grad slam in the fifth put the Fathers up 7-3 and had me feeling plenty good. Unfortunately, the Braves came right back in the sixth to tie the score, leaving me perturbed. Then the Pads took an 8-7 in the bottom of the same inning and I was upbeat again. Sadly, it all went to hell after Atlanta tied the game in the ninth, then won in the tenth 10-8. Dammit! So, going into Sunday afternoon's home finale, my squad is still trailing the Braves. URGH! Thanks for nothing, San Diego!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Scoreboard watching is absolutely hellish: After my Phillies blanked Pittsburgh 3-0 yesterday afternoon, I watched Braves-Padres on FOX that night, knowing that an Atlanta loss would pull Philly half a game away from first in NL Least. Things looked great early after a Manny Machado grad slam in the fifth put the Fathers up 7-3 and had me feeling plenty good. Unfortunately, the Braves came right back in the sixth to tie the score, leaving me perturbed. Then the Pads took an 8-7 in the bottom of the same inning and I was upbeat again. Sadly, it all went to hell after Atlanta tied the game in the ninth, then won in the tenth 10-8. Dammit! So, going into Sunday afternoon's home finale, my squad is still trailing the Braves. URGH! Thanks for nothing, San Diego!
    I love it, it's an exciting race. And I like the Braves and I like the Phillies, (and Mets' players if not the team itself). It's my favorite division in MLB. If the Phillies do pull it out, I will be quite happy, but I also will if the Braves do.

My betting favorites however are the Giants and the Rays, though I'm not fond of the Giants. I still have to acknowledge what they've done in the NL West. As for the Rays, I like them, but I still marvel at how they manage to do this year after year with that payroll and mostly no big stars. Just great moneyball I guess. I think they probably combine the stat guys with ex players who can tell them which stats mean something and which are useless....that's probably the difference between them and everyone else.

Extraordinary Member

Rays clinched their division. Don't know about their planned split city play, wherein they would play Spring training and into early June in Florida, and then play the rest of the year in Montreal. It seems like a plan to simply up and move the team to Montreal, on the theory it's a bigger market where they make more money. Hard to argue that having seen the tiny crowds they draw at their home stadium despite the Rays being perhaps the favorite to take the Series, (Giants also up there---maybe a coin flip between the two).

As much as I want to see the Red Sox vs Yanks in the one game playoff....the rivalry gets a little stale these days.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

My Phillies closed out their home schedule with a 6-0 thud at the hands of the Pirates. Now we gotta hope the Padres don't do a repeat of last night's el foldo against the Braves.