Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I really don't think we will get Namor showing up here.... unless it's at the end and Strange needs all the Defenders to show up. But it's a very Defenders book.

This just twists the heart. Well, not the Attuma part, but Namor being hopeful at the presence of Dorma. WHY can't we get a follow up to this??? And the return of Lady Dorma!
    I have not picked up any issues yet. I wanted to hear if it had all of our OG Defenders in it and if not, if the book was worth buying. I would like for all of the team to show up, even if only at the end (but for more than 1-2 pics).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember a time when I was laughed at for even mentioning a Stingray. So this is nice. I liked his appearance in the Stern run of Avengers. I think he eventually became an Avenger once right? I didn't follow the Avengers all that much after that run. But returned for the revival with Busiek and Perez though. I always thought he was cool looking and rather interesting background and powers.
    Pretty obvious I'm a fan of him too lol! He joined the Avengers in 'The Crossing Line' story. I wish guys like him and Jack of Hearts were still on the team.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I have been following along! I have been waiting to see if Namor appears, otherwise I'm neutral on the selection for this Defenders team. There was this weird sorcerer looking dude who had like a Davy Jones squid face as the cliffhanger for the 2nd issue so I have been wondering if he was from the sea/Atlantis and if Namor would appear.

Same, and I will be honest it makes me very salty to constantly see Marvel try to push Sue/Namor (Fantastic Four Life Story sucked!) when Namor has had other love interests that were his actual Love Interests and they returned his love in full. Dorma deserves more credit as a golden age character and as a leading lady! I have been hoping that the cliffhanger of her return will come true someday!

Was this in the King in Black/Namor mini? I join you guys in wanting Dorma resurrected. I always thought one could use Secret War 2015 as the means to bring back some characters that Marvel killed off. Battlleworld had the remnants of 7 or 8 different multiverses that Doom, Molecule Man and Dr. Strange were able to save before the Beyonders got their chance to wipe everything out. We never saw her in a tie in, but whose to say there wasn't a Dorma in one or more of those surviving remnants? It was never clear to me what happened to those pieces of Battleworld once Reed, Molecule Man and Franklin rebuilt the multiverse.

LOL! Even his ears have muscles!

Thanks for posting that, Iron Maiden. I wasn't aware of that variant, and it appears to be the same price. I'm going to call my LCBS today! I've really enjoyed the first two issues of Ewing's DEFENDERS. It's trippy and brightly colored, with some Ditkoesque layouts. Sadly, he didn't use Namor on the team, but it features some classic Defenders like Strange and Silver Surfer. If you liked the classic weirdness of Bronze Age DEFENDERS, I highly recommend it.

I don't think this is new Marvel work from Jusko. It's the 90s trading card art. Though, he has done a few newer projects for / with Marvel, like a new set of trading cards in 2016, and his corner box variant covers.

You are right about the trading card art being the source. I found an article about Joe Jusko on the Marvel site from July that announced that the month of October is going to have 22 variant covers featuring his "Marvel Masterpieces" trading card illustrations

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I really don't think we will get Namor showing up here.... unless it's at the end and Strange needs all the Defenders to show up. But it's a very Defenders book.

This just twists the heart. Well, not the Attuma part, but Namor being hopeful at the presence of Dorma. WHY can't we get a follow up to this??? And the return of Lady Dorma!
    I ask myself this EVERYDAY! I just know that if Marvel is going to use Namor in the mcu then we might get an ongoing! I'm hoping Busiek returns to pick up the threads here!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have not picked up any issues yet. I wanted to hear if it had all of our OG Defenders in it and if not, if the book was worth buying. I would like for all of the team to show up, even if only at the end (but for more than 1-2 pics).
    I'm enjoying it but so far it feels very cosmicy but the art is just beautiful. I will post here if any more og defenders show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Was this in the King in Black/Namor mini? I join you guys in wanting Dorma resurrected. I always thought one could use Secret War 2015 as the means to bring back some characters that Marvel killed off. Battlleworld had the remnants of 7 or 8 different multiverses that Doom, Molecule Man and Dr. Strange were able to save before the Beyonders got their chance to wipe everything out. We never saw her in a tie in, but whose to say there wasn't a Dorma in one or more of those surviving remnants? It was never clear to me what happened to those pieces of Battleworld once Reed, Molecule Man and Franklin rebuilt the multiverse.

You are right about the trading card art being the source. I found an article about Joe Jusko on the Marvel site from July that announced that the month of October is going to have 22 variant covers featuring his "Marvel Masterpieces" trading card illustrations
    Yes! From King in Black: Namor issue #5
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Marvel won't give us any Namor appearances, so we'll have to make do with ... MR. NIMBUS!!

They even did the FF #4 cover homage!

https://screenrant.com/rick-morty-mr...nemesis-namor/

This article says the book will drop tomorrow, but I saw somewhere else where it said October 6.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel won't give us any Namor appearances, so we'll have to make do with ... MR. NIMBUS!!

They even did the FF #4 cover homage!

https://screenrant.com/rick-morty-mr...nemesis-namor/

This article says the book will drop tomorrow, but I saw somewhere else where it said October 6.
    Well, it seems another Namor knock off is getting more attention than the original XD As I said before I'm not a fan of the show but good for anyone who enjoys it. Come on now Marvel, throw us Namor fans a bone! Give us a comic?

I'm enjoying it but so far it feels very cosmicy but the art is just beautiful. I will post here if any more og defenders show up.
    Thank you, I would appreciate it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

A surprise appearance of Namor today!

From Kurt Busiek's Marvels #5. Art by Ylildray Cinar.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Me shaking my fists at Marvel: GIVE BUSIEK A NAMOR SOLO!!!!

I love this cameo though XD

Well, it seems another Namor knock off is getting more attention than the original XD As I said before I'm not a fan of the show but good for anyone who enjoys it. Come on now Marvel, throw us Namor fans a bone! Give us a comic?
    Seriously.

You know, the next time I get that lame a$$ excuse that Namor is better as a supporting character / foil, I'm going to point to all the knock offs of Namor that are doing just damn fine in the solo field. It just makes me so mad.

If Marvel would just invest half the effort they did, in their awesome original, Namor would once again be a top tier character.

Me shaking my fists at Marvel: GIVE BUSIEK A NAMOR SOLO!!!!

I love this cameo though XD
    It was a pleasant surprise, though I think we spotted the unlettered, inked page a while back. I wish Cinar had gone with his own interpretation of the "throne of Atlantis" as I think this is far too "inspired" by the Jim Lee classic, that Subby39 has.

I certainly wouldn't complain about a Busiek Namor solo, but I'm not sure he's got room on his plate for that. I was actually stunned he did the King in Black mini-series. It would be super cool if he actually followed up the mini-series with another one, set in the present, dealing with the Black Tide and bringing back our beloved Lady Dorma back. Patrick Zircher has expressed an interest in drawing Namor, and IIRC, something in the horror vein. I bet they'd knock it out of the park on that.

Seriously.

You know, the next time I get that lame a$$ excuse that Namor is better as a supporting character / foil, I'm going to point to all the knock offs of Namor that are doing just damn fine in the solo field. It just makes me so mad.

If Marvel would just invest half the effort they did, in their awesome original, Namor would once again be a top tier character.

It was a pleasant surprise, though I think we spotted the unlettered, inked page a while back. I wish Cinar had gone with his own interpretation of the "throne of Atlantis" as I think this is far too "inspired" by the Jim Lee classic, that Subby39 has.

I certainly wouldn't complain about a Busiek Namor solo, but I'm not sure he's got room on his plate for that. I was actually stunned he did the King in Black mini-series. It would be super cool if he actually followed up the mini-series with another one, set in the present, dealing with the Black Tide and bringing back our beloved Lady Dorma back. Patrick Zircher has expressed an interest in drawing Namor, and IIRC, something in the horror vein. I bet they'd knock it out of the park on that.
    SERIOUSLY!!! Like the whole issue is they have zero confidence in the character even though they never once gave him the proper attention, his last solos were way too short and they keep waiting like 10 years between them? what's the deal with that? Are they only making a solo run so they can keep rights or something?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Not Namor related, but I’m being cover quoted on next week’s Defenders issue! It’s my first!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not Namor related, but I’m being cover quoted on next week’s Defenders issue! It’s my first!
    Congrats! The first of many to come.

I'm very much enjoying the Ewing Defenders book.

SERIOUSLY!!! Like the whole issue is they have zero confidence in the character even though they never once gave him the proper attention, his last solos were way too short and they keep waiting like 10 years between them? what's the deal with that? Are they only making a solo run so they can keep rights or something?
    Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect the copyright thing be what's happening -- which is beyond sad. Though I think we got the 2002 Tsunami Namor because Universal was seriously trying to do the Namor movie. The 2010 and 2020 Namor books, look more like a copyright thing -- both spun out of 'events' so Marvel probably thought they could justify the sales with the event boost. Of course, I don't know for sure. But I have always found modern Marvel's lack of support for Namor baffling. It really is the writers who have been pushing for his use -- or abuse. ;p

Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect the copyright thing be what's happening -- which is beyond sad. Though I think we got the 2002 Tsunami Namor because Universal was seriously trying to do the Namor movie. The 2010 and 2020 Namor books, look more like a copyright thing -- both spun out of 'events' so Marvel probably thought they could justify the sales with the event boost. Of course, I don't know for sure. But I have always found modern Marvel's lack of support for Namor baffling. It really is the writers who have been pushing for his use -- or abuse. ;p
    I hope things will change with any MCU inclusion but then again it really just boils down to whomever is in charge picking and choosing what events/comics/characters they want to push. But yes, so at this rate we can expect Namor's next miniseries to be in about 10 years time :/ And why have they cute down miniseries from 6 to 5 issues? I know why Marvel keeps rebooting after 10-12 issues for series but honestly all these constant new series without sticking to anything does nothing to help characters grow a good fanbase again.

I just get so frustrated because I love this character so much but we can't seem to have anything that is long lasting with him but writers can use him terribly in their other ongoings with no care to the impact on the character.

There is just so much potential with Namor and his world and it's so sad that the Powers that Be cannot see this.