Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1304
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't understand why Hope would do this she don't even like Wanda!
    While it depends on which stories the writer and editor have read, Hope did mostly like Wanda in AvX. They had the requisite hero vs. hero fight but they were mostly allies and Hope asked Wanda to take her with her in issue #6.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They should be. She's not even in the same costume as the last time they saw her. This whole thing is fishy.
    Superheroes change back to their classic looks all the time. Jean Grey is wearing her old green dress from the 60's and Cap is back in his original duds (pirate boots and all!) in the very same issue. I don't think it would arouse much suspicion, usually in superhero comics it's the opposite. (A NEW costume means either an impostor has taken on your identity or that you have adopted a new dark and violent worldview.)

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't understand why Hope would do this she don't even like Wanda!
    Maybe the writer and editors at Marvel think they bonded during "AvX?" Or perhaps she just finds it hypocritical to give second (and third, fourth...) chances to all the other villains on Krakoa and NOT Wanda?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Really?! Then you want her to retire and live happily ever after?

Characters who are front and center are usually the most tortured.

The only truly happy characters seem to be the ones rarely used.

As long as Wanda is treated as a main character (which I don't think Marvel has done in a while), she's gonna have a tough time and will have to overcome a lot.
    I would rather have her tortured in Chthon's dimension lol, at least she is theoratically allowed to beat the **** out of him afterwards without bunch of fans demanding her to forgive dear creator Chthon lol.

Also the thing is, more often than not, Wanda cannot be the main character when Magneto is around, heck she cannot even have a consistant characterization when that happens. Even if we ignore him being a shitty dad, Magneto can be often detrimental to her on a narrative level by simply being her more popular dad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She did cut her ties with him for all the 90s. It didn't seem relieving for her.

Her anger is justified and I am glad she considers the guy who actually raised her and loved her the real dad instead of Mag lol.

Extraordinary Member

What rest? Fatal Attractions/Bloodties? Darker then Scarlet? Who stopped her trying to murder the Avengers?
    Dr.Strange after his mansplaining spree and of course Magneo swooped in and took her, never mind the events you mentioned.
    Everyone was anmesiac lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Superheroes change back to their classic looks all the time. Jean Grey is wearing her old green dress from the 60's and Cap is back in his original duds (pirate boots and all!) in the very same issue. I don't think it would arouse much suspicion, usually in superhero comics it's the opposite. (A NEW costume means either an impostor has taken on your identity or that you have adopted a new dark and violent worldview.)

Maybe the writer and editors at Marvel think they bonded during "AvX?" Or perhaps she just finds it hypocritical to give second (and third, fourth...) chances to all the other villains on Krakoa and NOT Wanda?
    Those have points in the story like new creators or other reasons why they switched. The x-books literally have had books with Wanda in her classic costume while she's wearing her current one in Avengers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Those have points in the story like new creators or other reasons why they switched. The x-books literally have had books with Wanda in her classic costume while she's wearing her current one in Avengers.
    I honestly didn't know Wanda was in the current Avengers title now. (I don't like what Jason Aaron has done with the book so I dropped it awhile ago.) Outside of the cameo in Strange Academy and Darkhold being a hold over from last year I had no idea that the new costume was appearing so much in recent Avengers material.

I seem to remember reading a comic where Hawkeye was rocking his old suit and was asked why he wasn't in the new outfit and the answer was something mundane like it "was in the wash." And I think Spidey has put on his black costume once or twice when his red and blues were shredded. No reason Wanda couldn't have just left the new outfit at the dry cleaners or something.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I honestly didn't know Wanda was in the current Avengers title now. (I don't like what Jason Aaron has done with the book so I dropped it awhile ago.) Outside of the cameo in Strange Academy and Darkhold being a hold over from last year I had no idea that the new costume was appearing so much in recent Avengers material.

I seem to remember reading a comic where Hawkeye was rocking his old suit and was asked why he wasn't in the new outfit and the answer was something mundane like it "was in the wash." And I think Spidey has put on his black costume once or twice when his red and blues were shredded. No reason Wanda couldn't have just left the new outfit at the dry cleaners or something.
    She was in Avengers Empyre at the same time as she was in X-Men Empyre. But two different looking Wandas. To which I joked the other was an imposter. But it could have been a clone for all I know with this current story.

The classic she hasn't worn really since before Uncanny Avengers. And she had two different costumes for UA. The coat one and the one with the weird shoulders.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Her anger is justified and I am glad she considers the guy who actually raised her and loved her the real dad instead of Mag lol.
    Resurrected Wanda seems to be close to her father Magneto!

Looks like the retcon is getting undone and Krakoa as playing a role itself.

cover variant

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I am a bit cynical in terms of them playing it that close and lets face it the only time she would have called him daddy was a period of a few weeks between House of M and Avengers 503. If they wanted to go with a feelings not blood makes us related story they would have to play it that close.

So, I don't know for sure where they are going yet.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cover variant

i hate MCU.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

her brother was not there. I am so tired of being promised Magnet Family reunion and it getting snatched away.

Ultimate Member

I am a bit cynical in terms of them playing it that close and lets face it the only time she would have called him daddy was a period of a few weeks between House of M and Avengers 503. If they wanted to go with a feelings not blood makes us related story they would have to play it that close.

So, I don't know for sure where they are going yet.
    Yeah, I don't get why people are so gung ho about re-establishing this relationship. It's like what happened to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver doesn't really matter that much

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She called him daddy...she called him daddy.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!