Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "The New Mutants" is a big video hit

Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-21-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Say in the UK dude. And even there it was beaten by the BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC movie.

When you get beaten by a Bill and Ted movie that basically has Bill and Ted stealing from themselves, that's sad........

The UK's Official Top 40 biggest films of 2021
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...so-far__33625/
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-21-2021 at 09:19 PM.

I still always think of VHS when someone says "video", even though that makes no sense haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I still always think of VHS when someone says "video", even though that makes no sense haha.
    Same here. That and those straight to tv movies like hallmark and lifetime. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Say in the UK dude. And even there it was beaten by the BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC movie.
    Even the Avengers cannot beat BILL & TED. They are the biggest superheroes!

I'm very glad that THE NEW MUTANTS is a video hit, despite all huge studio problems, insane obstacles, countless delays, COVID and fan boycott.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-22-2021 at 04:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Back in the day, couple of my friends were burgled, tv and stuff stollen.
    Note left on the betamax saying “You must be f*king joking”…

I enjoyed it more than Black Widow, which felt very “paint by numbers” MCU fare to me. Incredibly mediocre in every way. At least New Mutants tried to do something different. My $.02.

That's encouraging. I think New Mutants was a fun movie. And given all its horror themes, I think it's a perfect Halloween movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It just wasn't a good movie. Casting aside i could not get past the first 10 minutes. I was actually looking forward to it when Maise was cast in it and the dude from stranger things but the more it came together the worse it looked. I mean mis casting is one thing but mis casting, a bad script, and a premise that didn't make any sense is what killed New Mutants. I just found myself asking to many Why's while watching it. But most of all Legion did it better.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's encouraging. I think New Mutants was a fun movie. And given all its horror themes, I think it's a perfect Halloween movie.
    Horror Themes?!? Teletubbies TV episodes are more horrifying than than The New Mutants Movie so called horror themes could ever be....
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-22-2021 at 07:46 AM.

It’s sometimes hard to separate the valid criticism of the NM film from the bile spewed by the Disney dick-riders who hated it just because it wasn’t done by Feige and part of the MCU. It has its faults, though. For sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I enjoyed it more than Black Widow, which felt very “paint by numbers” MCU fare to me. Incredibly mediocre in every way. At least New Mutants tried to do something different. My $.02.
    This. You nailed it. It was a great superhero/horror hybrid movie, and it felt 100% unique. I don't care about MCU fans or comic book purists who hate it just because the negativity surrounding the Fox X-Men is "trendy" and "hype" nowadays.

It’s sometimes hard to separate the valid criticism of the NM film from the bile spewed by the Disney dick-riders who hated it just because it wasn’t done by Feige and part of the MCU. It has its faults, though. For sure.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That movie was racist trash and deservedly flopped. Next.
    Insane and uncorrect.
    Sunspot was white because they established this change in DOFP. They just casted Adan Canto and set that in stone.
    There was no racism involved.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-22-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Insane and uncorrect.
    Sunspot was white because they established this change in DOFP. They just casted Adan Canto and set that in stone.
    There was no racism involved.
    Nothing is set in stone in that movies continuity. Colossus in those films had never had a sister, yet here pops up Magik. Even if they did want to stick to "established continuity" (which again does not exist in those movies and wouldn't make sense here simply based on the ages and timelines being wonky), why did they also whitewash Reyes?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hate that "well they tried something different" defense of things. Just because it's different does not make it automatically good. In fact if you are going to do something different with and established property you damn well better make sure you make it good. The New Mutants failed on both accounts.