Page 143 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2427

More like why shouldn't Ares have a horse? And why did it take so long for us to see him riding one?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    More like why shouldn't Ares have a horse? And why did it take so long for us to see him riding one?
    Enh, Greeks and Romans weren't big on Cavalry. They preferred Chariots for mounted combat over horseback. Thus traditional art didn't doit, because they depicted Ares as they imagined a war god to be.

For example: that style of armor isn't designed for it.

Ares also wasn’t big on clothing in Greek Myth and yet we see him covered head-to-toe in comics all the time.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ares also wasn’t big on clothing in Greek Myth and yet we see him covered head-to-toe in comics all the time.

^^^

This is why Sharp needs to make periodic visits to the Wonder Woman comic.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Now see that Ares I can believe can seduce an Amazon. The one in the WW animated film.....

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now see that Ares I can believe can seduce an Amazon. The one in the WW animated film.....
    Molina was good voice (even if he isn't like the voice I usually read for Ares) but yeah, I really disliked his design in the film. Especially when compared to his Perez design, don't know why it's so hard for adaptations to just do that design.

Last edited by Gaius; 10-24-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Dr. Cyber, Mouse Man, and...Human Firework... were in Busiek's B&G story today.

and Badra was the focus in one

Last edited by Gaius; 10-26-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I want Mouse Man to team up with every Wonder Woman villain from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Dr. Cyber, Mouse Man, and...Human Firework were in Busiek's B&G story today.

GREAT HERA! A Wonder Woman super-villain, with a plainly stated motivation for villainy...

One, that justifies her enmity with the leading lady - the sort of thing, that Batman, Superman, X-Men and Spider-Man fans have enjoyed, for decades? A Wonder-villain, who actually makes sense?! A Wonder-villain, typically left in mothballs and ignored by writers and editors, who would be a top-tier badguy, in any other comic - Avengers, Superman, X-Men, Green Lantern - actually being USED in a story? What?!

Can you imagine? With a few more good Cyber stories, we may be looking at an archenemy, ..and this one, a master of futuristic technology and mysticism - a female Doctor Doom ..or Darth Vader! How did this comic ever make it to the stands? I was beginning to think such things were too good for Wonder Woman fans.

Wow. Naturally, it's not in an actual, monthly Wonder Woman comic, ..but, Cloonrad-Moore is changing that, ..with Afterworlds and [Yikes!] their Kang/Queen of Fables combo platter, ..Janus! It's also no surprise that Kurt Busiek is the scribe, having done such a pitch-perfect job, with his Atomia story, Legend of Wonder Woman just after the Crisis.

Have to be careful, being a Wonder-fan getting used to this kind of treatment! Don't want to get too spoiled...feel too entitled.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-26-2021 at 03:11 PM. Reason: content, clarity, color
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Been quite the year for the C-tier and below villains.

I think Wonder Woman's got a lot of villains who could be modernized and made useful.

I put Mouse Man and the Human Firework in this story because I like them a lot, and knew how I'd want to revise them, and while I may not ever do an ongoing WW series, why not take advantage of this opportunity to show off a little bit of how I'd play them.

Mouse Man is not a lot of use in a fight, but he makes a dandy industrial spy/saboteur. The Human Firework blows up! What's not cool about that?

And Dr. Cyber I'd already revamped, with Tom Grummett doing the new design, in POWER COMPANY, and so I was happy to use her, too. Her motivations are actually more complex than "I want to rule the world," but this is a simple story and I didn't have much room, so why muddy it up?

Revamping WW's old foes could be a lot of fun. It was here, even for just a few pages.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Thank you very much for introducing us to such wonderful villain adaptions in your story and I hope someday to read a Wonder Woman run penned by your most skilled hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think Wonder Woman's got a lot of villains who could be modernized and made useful.

I put Mouse Man and the Human Firework in this story because I like them a lot, and knew how I'd want to revise them, and while I may not ever do an ongoing WW series, why not take advantage of this opportunity to show off a little bit of how I'd play them.

Mouse Man is not a lot of use in a fight, but he makes a dandy industrial spy/saboteur. The Human Firework blows up! What's not cool about that?

And Dr. Cyber I'd already revamped, with Tom Grummett doing the new design, in POWER COMPANY, and so I was happy to use her, too. Her motivations are actually more complex than "I want to rule the world," but this is a simple story and I didn't have much room, so why muddy it up?

Revamping WW's old foes could be a lot of fun. It was here, even for just a few pages.

kdb
    I love when writers revamp old foes!

New villains can be fun, too. Though, I feel like time-and-time again it’s shown that some of the best villains are old-school villains that just got retooled in a fun, exciting way. And it acknowledges the history these characters have at the same time.

Thank you for the story Kurt!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb

Thank you for bringing back some villains that have been sitting in limbo for too long. So often with Wonder Woman, creators tend to just introduce new villains or rely on threats from Greek myth, both of which have becoming rather boring IMO. There are so many WW villains with potential that are just itching to be modernize and expanded upon. Well done, Kurt!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.