Page 222 of 270 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait
    Seriously
    That's why
    Just say she's in a boarding school in Chicago
    That wouldn't really have made sense with how the Gordons were written in Year One. Based on that story James Jr. was their first kid.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That wouldn't really have made sense with how the Gordons were written in Year One. Based on that story James Jr. was their first kid.
    I wanted to say that maybe because I know Barbara always exist, that's never my impression reading Batman Year One... but now that I think back to when I first read it, I thought James Jr. is the big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick's doing pretty well in other media too. With Titans getting a 4th season and Gotham Knights coming. Now if he can just get some traction on that movie.

But ya, even Marvel wouldn't be pushing Nightwing like they do Iron Heart or Ms. Marvel. Nor would he be have his own concrete mythos. As what Marvel did with those characters is use the mythos of others to help introduce them to increase their diversity profile of characters. Signal would be an example DC trying to do this.
    I think if Nightwing was introduced now in Marvel, they would be pushing him. But if he were with Marvel, he would have been in the same spot as Iron Man back in the day (Nightwing has been in the same spot as iron man for longer than iron man). WB needs to do what Disney did with Iron Man and pluck Nightwing out of obscurity and bring him to the light again. But WB sucks at branding and likes to rely on name recognition than building it up.

Don’t give your hopes up for a movie! The director mentioned the main reason why Dick Grayson in name can’t have his own solo movie right now is partly because Matt Reeves wants to use him in The Batman. So we might be getting Dick as young Robin in reeves batverse. Idk how much movies they will be able to do though! It’ll take awhile for Dick to go from Robin to Nightwing. I’d say around 4-5 (first 3 as Robin and last two as Nightwing and lead into Nightwing solo) movies would be needed and I’m ok with that tbh. Also another issue is that Dick/Nightwing is being used in Titan Live Action. So I think in maybe 10 or so years we might actually get a Nightwing solo if everything pans out correctly.

Technically, Nightwing exists in Batman Beyond. So we might get a mention with him in Michael Keaton’s Batman Beyond character.

Robin in Batman fits if they're doing Batgirl Year One movie

I think we're getting some weird continuity hijinks where Keaton is an older, retired, Batman in Batgirl and probably post-any Robin.

Robin has a better chance of being in an animated Batgirl: Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're getting some weird continuity hijinks where Keaton is an older, retired, Batman in Batgirl and probably post-any Robin.

Robin has a better chance of being in an animated Batgirl: Year One.
    It was already confirmed Keaton? Then maybe it's not Batgirl Year One but Batgirl Wanted since their references are Simone's run mainly

It was already confirmed Keaton? Then maybe it's not Batgirl Year One but Batgirl Wanted since their references are Simone's run mainly
    I think they're mixing Year One and Simone's New 52 run.

Well it’d be weird because Batgirl is older in her movie. I heard a source say she is 19, but then another source said she is the same age as the actress who is 27. So if we did get Dick in DCEU, he’d likely not be with Batgirl outside of maybe talking sometimes. The issue with this is that Batfleck still exists now even if they are replacing him with Michael Keaton Batman Beyond. Dick Grayson is confirmed dead in Snyderverse (confirmed in Snyder cut) and Dick would be way older in the Batman Keaton since that Batman is supposed to be 60-70 (and lol is in the same universe as BTAS and Killing Joke). The rumor is that Terry is gonna be cast and act as a “robin” like character until replacing Keaton as Batman. I believe Matt Reeves is doing his own universe with Batman (it’s year two Batman) this Dick will be super duper young like I mentioned.

It’s weird because if the rumor of Keaton being in Batgirl movie is true, then Batgirl should also be significantly older but I guess WB is doing a combo of her year one/Simone run so they are probably just retconning babs in Batman Beyond universe. I think she might be librarian/political minded babs in the movies (which leads me to believe Jason Bard might be her love interest). But again it’s just speculation.

WB kinda screwed Dick somewhat when it comes to his possible DCEU appearance. The timeline is extremely odd and combine that with Snyderverse shenanigans and Keaton Batman, it creates a mess lol. Perhaps flashpoint will do a good job retconning and fixing but it seems like all they are gonna do is just replace Batfleck and just bring unite the HBO universe with DCEU truthfully. Jason Todd is rumored to have a movie in the same universe as Batgirl (with a possible tie in to Nightwing but idk if that is true). But someone mentioned that Jason also might be getting a live action spin off with titans which is why it’s unlikely DCEU can use him in a movie.

I think I would rather want Nightwing in Matt Reeves version anyhow. It has that neon-tech noir vibe from the trailer and I think Dick would work well with that. I’m not sure if Matt wants to do the entire batfam, but I do know he is keen on the Batman and Robin duo.

Wait what? If Keaton is Batman Beyond (good choice) why would he be in Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least 18, as his pre-Flashpoint solo book is back in continuity.
    You know what, Tim is at least 18, not because his whole story is back in continuity, but because he got that sexy Robins workout variant cover, which they wouldn't approve if he's still a minor, just like how Damian is left out.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-29-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Wait what? If Keaton is Batman Beyond (good choice) why would he be in Batgirl?
    I think after Flashpoint in The Flash movie he replaces Affleck as the universes Batman.

Extraordinary Member

I think after Flashpoint in The Flash movie he replaces Affleck as the universes Batman.
    we cant get that movie fast enough,

but batgirl is being fast-tracked so soon, I dont know if there will be time to save Robin

for flash sake do they have to make everything complicated

well if Nightwing is set in the same uni as Batgirl, as in no-longer-Snyderverse then he would be older

Dick died only in Snyder Cut. In WB cut it's Jason, since they're also planning to make a Red Hood movie that ties to Nightwing

So yeah Dick has to be an adult.

But wouldn't dick be older than babs since Keaton is like in his 77.

In the new animated universe movie how do you guys think they will introduce Dick Grayson

Also Young Justice will have AMA in their subreddit

However, in some sources in sounds like Red hood and Nightwing crossover happens after the Nightwing movie already happened. I don't want him in the Batgirl movie. Both are too big. A cameo sure but not a supporting or majority appearance.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-29-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the new animated universe movie how do you guys think they will introduce Dick Grayson
    They'll probably do an adaptation of Dark Victory, Robin Year One or Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet.

I'm hoping for that last one.

for flash sake do they have to make everything complicated

well if Nightwing is set in the same uni as Batgirl, as in no-longer-Snyderverse then he would be older

Dick died only in Snyder Cut. In WB cut it's Jason, since they're also planning to make a Red Hood movie that ties to Nightwing

So yeah Dick has to be an adult.
    It's because they want to get rid of Snyder-Batman. Matt Reeves has dibs currently on Dick Grayson. The Batman with Pattinson was supposed to be Batfleck but was changed. It's now its own thing and because of that, DCEU has no choice but to use Batman Beyond universe because it would be the only universe that isn't taken. Dick in batman beyond is technically an adult, but he is only mentioned, never really seen. Batgirl should be a grown adult too. But Batgirl is aged down for obvious reasons. It's likely that we don't see Dick Grayson in DCEU unless either DCEU is able to use the character concurrently with Reeves or Reeves ends up not using him at all. Because another problem is the Titans' live action, which uses Dick Grayson as well in a leading role. Its gonna be a huge mess.