Page 173 of 376 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 5626
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Looks like PKJ planned/still plans on bringing in Regan from All-Star. Original plan was to have her be the Sadie character in Worlds at War but changed at last minute.

https://www.cbr.com/all-star-superma...-future-state/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

If Regan shows up still I’m guessing it will be in the Earth arc that comes after Warworld.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artists: Trevor Hairsine, Jonathan Glapion, Scott Hanna, Rain Beredo and Ben Templesmith

Ra’s Al Ghul huh? Interesting choice for a test run Bats.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artists: Trevor Hairsine, Jonathan Glapion, Scott Hanna, Rain Beredo and Ben Templesmith

Superman's gray hair were recolored on this cover last minute. It's quite noticeable there's some "black" added later over his temples, lol.

Gladiator Superman coming soon in Action Comics (cover wip by Riccardo Federici):

https://www.instagram.com/riccardo_federici_art/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So the gray hair does in fact return?

My guess is that in either this special or in the next proper issue Clark gets a temporary power boost that fixes his power levels and gives him black hair again. He's likely hoping to end the Waroworld conflict quickly before it runs dry. But, as previously stated, it's temporary and he and The Authority get beaten (as confirmed by PKJ and the solicitations. Then as he's captured and at his lowest his powers dip so low that he can no longer fly, is weaker, and is is once again graying.

The reasoning behind this I think is because PKJ (as he's said before) wants the reader to be able to pretty much exclusively read Action and not feel lost, so he likely wants to be the one to explain why Superman's hair is now graying.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So the gray hair does in fact return?

My guess is that in either this special or in the next proper issue Clark gets a temporary power boost that fixes his power levels and gives him black hair again. He's likely hoping to end the Waroworld conflict quickly before it runs dry. But, as previously stated, it's temporary and he and The Authority get beaten (as confirmed by PKJ and the solicitations. Then as he's captured and at his lowest his powers dip so low that he can no longer fly, is weaker, and is is once again graying.

The reasoning behind this I think is because PKJ (as he's said before) wants the reader to be able to pretty much exclusively read Action and not feel lost, so he likely wants to be the one to explain why Superman's hair is now graying.
    I think we are looking at 2 different Supermen, the one in AC is present day Clark, the one in Morrison's book is a Superman post-Warworld saga going back in time recruiting his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think we are looking at 2 different Supermen, the one in AC is present day Clark, the one in Morrison's book is a Superman post-Warworld saga going back in time recruiting his own team.
    That doesn't make sense. At the end of The Authority we see Clark suit back up in the classic suit, and clearly the Lois that we see there is the present day one. She's even studying in Kandor like in PKJ's comic.

I'm pretty sure it's just the same guy. Lois even links his graying hair to his lower powers rather than actual age.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That doesn't make sense.
    It's a leftover of the aborted 5G, it wasn't going to make sense in any way you can look at it.

At the end of The Authority we see Clark suit back up in the classic suit, and clearly the Lois that we see there is the present day one. She's even studying in Kandor like in PKJ's comic.

I'm pretty sure it's just the same guy. Lois even links his graying hair to his lower powers rather than actual age.
    But he is fine (and young) in present day, he'll get de-powered on Warworld.

It's a leftover of the aborted 5G, it wasn't going to make sense in any way you can look at it.
    That's why they clearly still want to make it fit and make as much sense as they can. That's why Morrison went through the trouble of having Clark put back on the classic suit in their book at the end. It was just a time displaced Superman then why would he bother putting back on the classic suit that clearly lines up with PKJ's Superman?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

superman should turn his hair pink
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's why they clearly still want to make it fit and make as much sense as they can. That's why Morrison went through the trouble of having Clark put back on the classic suit in their book at the end. It was just a time displaced Superman then why would he bother putting back on the classic suit that clearly lines up with PKJ's Superman?
    PKJ's Superman doesn't have gray hair.

I can't see Superman being young and strong, then becoming weak and old, then stronger/younger again, and ending up weak and older later again, it's a bit of pointless mess.

PKJ's Superman doesn't have gray hair.

I can't see Superman being young and strong, then becoming weak and old, then stronger/younger again, and ending up weak and older later again, it's a bit of pointless mess.
    It’s a way of explaining why he’s graying without mandating you read anything outside of Action. We know S&tA is in continuity and Clark recruited the Authority to make up for his loss in power. My guess is Clark empowers himself with the Genesis fragment but it’s only a temporary boost that wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a way of explaining why he’s graying without mandating you read anything outside of Action. We know S&tA is in continuity and Clark recruited the Authority to make up for his loss in power. My guess is Clark empowers himself with the Genesis fragment but it’s only a temporary boost that wears off.
    Yes, this is basically what I'm saying. PKJ wants readers to be able to just read his book. Even this new special is effectively him allowing readers to skip Superman & The Authority if they only want to reader his run since this will likely give you the gist of the team plus be the first time we actually see them work as a team.