Page 112 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3858

I had forgotten the annual, how wonderful really this month, a lot of WW.
    I think this Annual has no connection with the current arc but is the direct prelude to the Trial of the Amazons, Altuum is the mysterious guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yay, Etta .

So what's the benefit to the shield versus the bracelets? Wider shielding? But isn't she supposed to be fast enough that she can deflect a hail of bullets with just the bracelets?

It's always nice to see Diana fighting street crime and being awesome .

Last edited by Sebastianne; 11-24-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yay, Etta .

So what's the benefit to the shield versus the bracelets? Wider shielding? But isn't she supposed to be fast enough that she can deflect a hail of bullets with just the bracelets?

It's always nice to see Diana fighting street crime and being awesome .
    Being nerfed maybe. She hasn't been that awesome in a while.

I appreciate him clarifying. Id have assumed it was referring to Slaughter Island

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Being nerfed maybe. She hasn't been that awesome in a while.
    I think part of it is they feel the need to justify the sword and shield.

Incredible Member

So what is the truth? Current WW is invulnerable or not? The current team said she is. But here she is protecting herself with the shield against bullets. And the robbers saying she died once she can die againwhile shooting. Suggesting normal bullets could kill her. So yea, not a good look that something as normal as bullets can kill her.
    Criminals shoot at Superman and Supergirl all the time. People think guns make them all-powerful regardless of the "threat" or opposition. Wonder Woman also very easily defeated them. Also, since this is still in the same continuity as Rucka's 2nd run. Wonder Woman heals instantly from gunshot wounds - think Colonel Poison shooting her twice. A criminal saying a bullet can kill Wonder Woman doesn't mean a bullet can kill Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Criminals shoot at Superman and Supergirl all the time. People think guns make them all-powerful regardless of the "threat" or opposition. Wonder Woman also very easily defeated them. Also, since this is still in the same continuity as Rucka's 2nd run. Wonder Woman heals instantly from gunshot wounds - think Colonel Poison shooting her twice. A criminal saying a bullet can kill Wonder Woman doesn't mean a bullet can kill Wonder Woman.
    Bullets actually bunce off SM and SG's bodies. According to current statements. WW is invulnerable. So why does she need the shield? And why don't we see bullets buncing off her body?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of it is they feel the need to justify the sword and shield.
    Are writers obligated to use them? Whatever the reason. WW continues this path of glorified super human warrior. Instead of seeing great scenes of her easily deflecting bullets with the bracelets. And tanking powerful attacks(and bullets because why not) We are still stuck with the sword and shield.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She wasn't raised or trained to allow anything to bounce off of her. It makes sense even if they did that she'd fall back on training.

So what is the truth? Current WW is invulnerable or not? The current team said she is. But here she is protecting herself with the shield against bullets. And the robbers saying she died once she can die againwhile shooting. Suggesting normal bullets could kill her. So yea, not a good look that something as normal as bullets can kill her.

bulletproof WW.jpg

And current team said she was invulnerable in their first arc.

So what is the truth for current WW? Is she bulletproof or not? A bullet being able to hurt her is a big fat no to somebody that is supposed to be a powerhouse.

I had to ask. I'm seeing inconsistencies that confuse me. I don't know if she is invulnerable or not.

Conrad's entry in Black and Gold #6 really proved to me that he has Diana's voice and characterization down. He and Cloonan are doing such an incredible job.