Page 368 of 760 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's the thing about mystery plots. Not everything is going to be revealed to be something significant. Folks latched on to things like Woo's eyewitness or Monica's engineer friend which were never intended to be anything more than support for stories. Woo not meeting his eyewitness doesn't break the story for me. At the end of the day, WV was about serving the characters that appeared in the story (Wanda, Vision, Monica, Tommy, Billy, Agatha) and any set up that was done was done with them and not any outside character that had nothing to do with the plot.
    I guess Marvel got people thinking to the point where every little thing is something significant or important .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was the point of Woo even looking for a witness in Westview that wasn't even relevant to the plot beyond getting Woo involved?
    Because the series existed to keep people talking week to week vs telling a good story IMHO

and it worked lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My issues with Phase 4 have not really been the quality so to speak. I mean, I enjoyed and liked each of the shows and movies I've seen. It's the quantity. I think Marvel Studios is putting out too many products too quickly. When Black Widow came out when the Loki series had yet to conclude (immediately followed by the What If series), I became fatigued by the MCU (for the first time EVER). I used the pandemic lockdowns to catch up on the movies, so I was fucking hyped when things got going in 2021. But I almost completely lost interest over the summer of 2021. Each of these shows/movies introduced a bunch of new characters and since I'm more of a casual fan I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

It's funny, if famous movie directors and actors/actresses spoke out against the MCU at the beginning of this year, I would have been absolutely livid. But fandom toxicity has reached new heights in the past few months (in my opinion), and it's actually me made a little LESS pro-MCU. These are high science-fiction concepts and though "nerds" and "geeks" love this stuff, they might not go over well with newcomers and folks who just wanna see movies to be entertained.
    I'm actually hoping Disney delays releasing anything related to the Fox properties even FURTHER. We've seen the FF and the X-Men PLENTY of times in the past twenty years.

You make some good points, however some of the issues here is not a marvel thing but more of a reoccurrence in any type of business where making money is obsessive and yeah, that includes the film world.
    Despite there been a difference between quantity and quality, truth is many times they do go side by side and need each other and look no better than the Fox/Sony marvel films.

For marvel-disney they seem to be having an issue of quantity drastically reducing quality, which as i said is very common in business. some times, the more you make the one same thing, the more the quality reduces drastically. I know people now use the word ''generic'' to describe nearly everything and anything that is common, but that is the true definition of generic and where marvel is. they have been that way for a long time actually but phase 4 movies are now making it very impossible to deny.

Marvel is going to release 4 movies in on year in 2021, that is a whole lot of quantity, however the quality of these movies have been pretty generic. Example - black widow, shang chi, eternals all had the same one bad cgi problem and from the trailer of spiderman no way home, the cgi also looks bad. I saw Grace Randolph tweeting yesterday that the CGI of no way home is not finished yet, i think she was trying to defend how poor it looks in the trailers.

Now why are all their movies having bad cgi issues. the answer is simple. the quantity of the film output is dragging the quality down because all these movies are all made the one same way, then just remodelled into something else on the surface and given different film titles (Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Widow)

Directors not liking MCU has been a thing for as long as I can remember. however it is starting to add a whole new real important dimension to the comic book movies debate. Denis Villeneuve (director of Dune) recently said MCU films as nothing more but copy and paste and I said, he can have his opinions , however if Dune sucks, then he would not have put his money where his mouth his, but Dune did not suck. I will even say Dune is the best made Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Superhero film of the year.

The production value and artistry of Dune, blows away all the MCU films and this is because MCU movies are now stuck in the same mass-manufactured saturated style of film making, while Dune is a movie Dennis actually really got to direct and get better as a good film maker and Denis did it with less budget. It blows my mind from a film point that Eternals cost more than Dune.

Eternals = 200 million dollars Budget

Dune = 165 million dollars Budget

Despite all the hype of Eternals that MCU was finally getting more artistic, or it will be a true director dreamed film, Eternals had none of that, it is MCU formula to the very core and unlike past MCU films, that at least we have quipping, optimistic vibe and loud fun. Eternals came off as very dull and bland. I remember someone on another forum calling the movie lifeless. I do think this is part of the reason why, unlike past mcu films that got a pass from critics because at least they were fun, Eternals was boring in everyway possible.

Lastly, X-MEN/F4 will be rushed. knowing MCU style, they love to quickly get rid of any negativity. They have done that with the Scar Jo Black Widow law suit by announcing Scar Jo will return to the mcu in some form. Eternals has had too much negativity as it broke their superficial but precious no rotten movie streak on rotten tomatoes and although I feel that it will be unfair and disrespectful to the cast of Eternals, if mcu gives Eternals the Inhumans treatment by pretending it never happened. MCU is going to need X-MEN/F4 fast to crate new hype.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-03-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My issues with Phase 4 have not really been the quality so to speak. I mean, I enjoyed and liked each of the shows and movies I've seen. It's the quantity. I think Marvel Studios is putting out too many products too quickly. When Black Widow came out when the Loki series had yet to conclude (immediately followed by the What If series), I became fatigued by the MCU (for the first time EVER). I used the pandemic lockdowns to catch up on the movies, so I was fucking hyped when things got going in 2021. But I almost completely lost interest over the summer of 2021. Each of these shows/movies introduced a bunch of new characters and since I'm more of a casual fan I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

It's funny, if famous movie directors and actors/actresses spoke out against the MCU at the beginning of this year, I would have been absolutely livid. But fandom toxicity has reached new heights in the past few months (in my opinion), and it's actually me made a little LESS pro-MCU. I don't want to keep having characters who have been in the MCU for over a DECADE starting NEW teams in future phases. I like the actors/actresses, but continuity issues are starting to be a problem for me. I just got caught up with Hawkeye and I noticed the series opened with a flashback which took place nine years and twenty movies ago. Disney is making it REALLY hard for newcomers to hop on board the MCU train. As I've said MANY times in this thread, after the Eternals came out it was the first time EVER that the entertainment media turned on the MCU (the entertainment media has been quite friendly to the MCU even when they didn't like their movies). I definitely think that's a HUGE warning sign for execs at Marvel Studios (and I can't imagine the movie could have been THAT bad). To me, that's an indication that folks are getting just a little bit tired of Marvel. That's why I'm SO relieved that Feige is delaying future projects. I think he gets the message. Spider-Man 3 will succeed largely because of the nostalgia factor (in my view), but I'm more concerned about Doctor Strange 2. In MY opinion, I don't think Marvel Studios has done a great job of explaining concepts like time travel and multiverses to casual audience members. These are high science-fiction concepts and though "nerds" and "geeks" love this stuff, they might not go over well with newcomers and folks who just wanna see movies to be entertained. It took ME quite a while to fully understand the ideas Endgame and Loki introduced, but I imagine LOTS of people don't wanna put in the research to "get" that stuff. I actually believe Strange 2 could go either way in being a success or a flop for this very reason. I AM encouraged by rumors that Loki, Sylvie and Mobius being part of this film though. Unlike many posters on this thread, I think audiences will need to have some idea of what happened in Loki to enjoy Strange 2.

I'm actually hoping Disney delays releasing anything related to the Fox properties even FURTHER. We've seen the FF and the X-Men PLENTY of times in the past twenty years.
    I agree.

I think we are actually getting too much too soon. It's the first time I don't really feel obligated to follow a lot of what Marvel is putting out. And I'm almost bored by a lot of it especially the "overblown" endings of some of the Phase 4 films.

I just hope Hawkeye stays ground level and ends at that level. I really disliked the end of Shang-Chi and Black Widow, those movies were featuring "street-level" characters but had these massive, crazy, overblown endings. Especially the whole "monster mash" at the end of Shang-Chi and him riding a dragon, that to me was just....unnecessary?. Yes, these movies were huge hits and got good reviews but Marvel needs to start taking notes and change up their formulas a bit.

But then again, Eternals didn't have the "typical" Marvel flow and that's the one movie that critics and audiences don't seem to like at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree.

I think we are actually getting too much too soon. It's the first time I don't really feel obligated to follow a lot of what Marvel is putting out. And I'm almost bored by a lot of it especially the "overblown" endings of some of the Phase 4 films.

I just hope Hawkeye stays ground level and ends at that level. I really disliked the end of Shang-Chi and Black Widow, those movies were featuring "street-level" characters but had these massive, crazy, overblown endings. Especially the whole "monster mash" at the end of Shang-Chi and him riding a dragon, that to me was just....unnecessary?. Yes, these movies were huge hits and got good reviews but Marvel needs to start taking notes and change up their formulas a bit.

But then again, Eternals didn't have the "typical" Marvel flow and that's the one movie that critics and audiences don't seem to like at all...
    I haven't seen Shang-Chi yet but from what I've seen and heard it feels like they took a martial arts/espionage character and basically made him more like Iron Fist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not blaming them for Ralph. I'm saying if they got hyped on baseless rumors like Kingpin and Daredevil being in Hawkeye and NWH respectively or the X-Men in Dr Strange 2 then that's their own fault for setting themselves up for getting disappointed.

Although, I don't think the Ralph thing was as serious as the Mandarin twist.
    Evan Peters Quicksilver will appear at some point in the multiverse. They already kind of dropped hints about that ealier this year and the set up to that in Wandavision was pretty good since from Wanda's pov, his physical appearance is still a Quicksilver until he is Ralph.

However I will like to point out that Evan Peters Quicksilver only got real famous for a VFX and Cinematography scene that MCU film making style seem incapable of reproducing so when he shows up in the MCU and has his lots of action speed moments, the impact will be less.

Speaking of Speedstars, someone told me to watch out for the character in Eternals with similar powers to Quicksilver. Makkari, I trust is the name of the character.

Eh, I did. If this is the vfx mcu will use for their xmen films, it wont be pretty. However there is a reason I said months back that Denis Villeneuve would have been a good director for the next X-MEN movies and what Kevin Feige needs to do is hire him to direct and just leave him alone once he sits in the director's chair.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-03-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

I haven't seen Shang-Chi yet but from what I've seen and heard it feels like they took a martial arts/espionage character and basically made him more like Iron Fist.
    Iron Fist with a little bit of Goku.

BANNED

I did not watch iron fist , however shang chi I will say felt more like a chronicles of Narnia mixed with a little but of karate kid or Mulan. for a marital art movie, it lacked a certain raw grittiness that you expect and no it does not have to be R rated. not once in all the fights scene did it feel as if the characters were hurting eachother for real that made you want to worry for their health, it felt many times more like a fast pace dance.

Think of The dark knight rises, you know the first time bane fights batman? yeah think of that and then think of the exact opposite of that fight scene. that is how the marital arts in shang chi felt like.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-03-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Most folks liked eternals but it was the least enjoyable mcu movie so far for the average audience because it got a b cinemascore, but 80%(it went down to 78%)of folks like eternals.

The average audience rating a 4/5.
    That is 4 stars out 5.
    That's higher then aquaman,thor,x men and man of steel for example.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    You make some good points, however some of the issues here is not a marvel thing but more of a reoccurrence in any type of business where making money is obsessive and yeah, that includes the film world.
    Despite there been a difference between quantity and quality, truth is many times they do go side by side and need each other and look no better than the Fox/Sony marvel films.

For marvel-disney they seem to be having an issue of quantity drastically reducing quality, which as i said is very common in business. some times, the more you make the one same thing, the more the quality reduces drastically. I know people now use the word ''generic'' to describe nearly everything and anything that is common, but that is the true definition of generic and where marvel is. they have been that way for a long time actually but phase 4 movies are now making it very impossible to deny.

Marvel is going to release 4 movies in on year in 2021, that is a whole lot of quantity, however the quality of these movies have been pretty generic. Example - black widow, shang chi, eternals all had the same one bad cgi problem and from the trailer of spiderman no way home, the cgi also looks bad. I saw Grace Randolph tweeting yesterday that the CGI of no way home is not finished yet, i think she was trying to defend how poor it looks in the trailers.

Now why are all their movies having bad cgi issues. the answer is simple. the quantity of the film output is dragging the quality down because all these movies are all made the one same way, then just remodelled into something else on the surface and given different film titles (Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Widow)

Directors not liking MCU has been a thing for as long as I can remember. however it is starting to add a whole new real important dimension to the comic book movies debate. Denis Villeneuve (director of Dune) recently said MCU films as nothing more but copy and paste and I said, he can have his opinions , however if Dune sucks, then he would not have put his money where his mouth his, but Dune did not suck. I will even say Dune is the best made Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Superhero film of the year.

The production value and artistry of Dune, blows away all the MCU films and this is because MCU movies are now stuck in the same mass-manufactured saturated style of film making, while Dune is a movie Dennis actually really got to direct and get better as a good film maker and Denis did it with less budget. It blows my mind from a film point that Eternals cost more than Dune.

Eternals = 200 million dollars Budget

Dune = 165 million dollars Budget

Despite all the hype of Eternals that MCU was finally getting more artistic, or it will be a true director dreamed film, Eternals had none of that, it is MCU formula to the very core and unlike past MCU films, that at least we have quipping, optimistic vibe and loud fun. Eternals came off as very dull and bland. I remember someone on another forum calling the movie lifeless. I do think this is part of the reason why, unlike past mcu films that got a pass from critics because at least they were fun, Eternals was boring in everyway possible.

Lastly, X-MEN/F4 will be rushed. knowing MCU style, they love to quickly get rid of any negativity. They have done that with the Scar Jo Black Widow law suit by announcing Scar Jo will return to the mcu in some form. Eternals has had too much negativity as it broke their superficial but precious no rotten movie streak on rotten tomatoes and although I feel that it will be unfair and disrespectful to the cast of Eternals, if mcu gives Eternals the Inhumans treatment by pretending it never happened. MCU is going to need X-MEN/F4 fast to crate new hype.
    Thank you for your detailed and thorough response to my comments. I appreciate your kind words. I absolutely agree with you about quantity/quality. Quality control will be much better if you're working on three projects at the same time as opposed to ten. You won't get any argument from me there.

Here is a comment that I found online which I thought to be most illuminating (following Disney's announcement of new upcoming Marvel projects):

"As a person who works in the TV industry and knowing the state of it at the minute, this announcement just means that Disney appears to not realize how hard it is to make TV right now. There's a skills and camera kit shortage worldwide for a start. As IATSA have been saying, the streaming services are really pushing the production crews to the limits of production and working insane hours to meet broadcaster demands. I've not seen all the release dates for these but I know some are later. I personally don't mind waiting for a lot of these shows if it means better conditions for the production team."

I have personally heard of production members driving home late at night after long hours at work and nearly crashing because they're so exhausted. No movie or show is worth putting people at risk. I hope Disney realizes this. It seems that they're rushing to get No Way Home out by December 17th come hell or high water. Here's an article I discovered which laments the oversaturation of Marvel products in Hollywood (I agree with some arguments its author makes while disagreeing with others):

https://www.loudandclearreviews.com/...atic-universe/

"The Strain on Marvel Production

But it’s not just the writing that can hold the Marvel Cinematic Universe back. Over the years, I’ve noticed that the craft and production have also taken a hit due to how swiftly mass-produced the movies have been. They often don’t have enough time to be made as good as they could possibly be. We went from getting at most one movie per year to now three per year, on top of the movies getting increasingly huge in scale over time. That’s not even including the multiple TV shows that are now coming out, on top of that! This must put everyone involved in making them on a huge time crunch compared to other big-budget productions, especially considering how much material they need to work with and keep track of. It must be reiterated how amazing it is that they can still accomplish what they do under this crunch, but the cracks still show, especially as the time frames between releases get smaller and smaller.

The director and crew can’t get that many impressive in-camera stunts due to the risk of injury that would disrupt the rigid schedule. They can’t create many remarkable non-digital sets because they would take too long to build. The director and cinematographer can’t plan out the shots as meticulously as they perhaps want to, because they’re too preoccupied with making sure they can shoot it at all with these constraints. The CGI may end up shoddier because the effects team needed a bit more time or money to polish it, which is again much more noticeable the later into the series you go. When looking at the subpar effects for movies like Black Panther or Far From Home, this issue is very apparent. I’m sure these movies would have looked much better had Disney not needed to forsake as much of their budgets for the much bigger, more “important” films of the franchise.

But even the bigger films have started to fall victim to this. The Russo brothers did amazing work with Infinity War, keeping their signature filmmaking style intact and prominent despite the massive scale, and the movie ended up getting some of the best CGI effects I’ve ever seen. But immediately after finishing that movie, they had to get to work on Avengers: Endgame. And I personally get the impression that it drained them and their crew. There’s not as much flair to the directing: it’s visually much blander, the action isn’t as memorable, and it feels less like a singular vision. They were able to work on Infinity War relatively fresh, but when forced to make another movie of the same already-intimidating size right after, of course they weren’t going to be on their A-game. No director could have pulled that off; there was just too much they had to handle."

Extraordinary Member

By the way the first mcu movie to get a rotten was captain marvel from the audience rt score but that was from review bombing so the streak was really broken awhile ago.
    Note- If you talking about the mcu overall or other mcu projects, some mcu non canon shows got a rotten even before captain marvel and eternals.
    Iron fist and inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the endings of Black Widow and Shang-Chi either. I like dragons, but I'm tired of the usual CGI vomit that we see at the end of MCU films AND shows now. These things have become so predictable now. I've definitely seen more comments than ever online stating that watching these Marvel movies and shows is like "homework" now and it's beginning to feel like a "chore." Even Evangeline Lilly called watching these things like "homework" and Tom Hiddleston didn't understand the "physics" behind the MCU's multiverse. Those are performers working for Marvel Studios, not fans! The thing is I WANNA support the MCU. Even as a casual fan, I think I've been pretty loyal. I've watched the movies, I subscribed to Disney Plus, I bought a Captain America shirt and even encouraged my friends and family to see various MCU projects. So I don't like it when MCU stans tell "casuals" that they're making the MCU dumber by not embracing more esoteric and convoluted storytelling. Casuals have contributed MASSIVELY to the success of the MCU, so those dickheads can take that **** somewhere else as far as I'm concerned. I agree with you that the MCU Phase Four movies have been huge hits and critically successful. But how many of them have actually made any money? And why has subscription growth on Disney Plus slowed to a CRAWL? Now Disney has delayed a bunch of Marvel movies and shows which was to help production according to Feige. But with 2022 now having less TV shows and back to 3 films I think it's main hidden objective was to ease the amount of content because I bet they knew this year was too much. I really respect Feige's reading of the pulse of MCU audiences. And I think this move will drive off fatigue for a while. I'm sorry to hear that the Eternals was disappointing to critics and audiences alike. I think it's great Marvel Studios is trying to do different things. But I always thought the Eternals might be a tough sell for two reasons: First off, they're too many characters in it. Secondly, audiences are NOT gonna be sympathetic to folks with God-like powers who hang around and do nothing while the world endures multiple catastrophes. Those people aren't superheroes. They're dickheads!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Flip side of this is that with so much stuff, I can take my time and it really doesn't feel like missing out.

Like why rush to the theaters to see Eternals when I sitll have hours of TV shows to catch up on for example lol?

Hell... I'll probably wait to watch Hawkeye during a lull in programming. I have no urgency to watch it, mid December is kinda packed with other stuff I want to watch (Witcher, Spider-Man Movie for example) and then late December Bobba Fett comes out. Then the eternal's movie comes out in January I think on D+. there is like no reason for me to even bother starting Hawkeye for a long time.
    Yeah, you could definitely take your time watching these things if Marvel drowns us in shows and movies. And I've tried watching other things. The Beatles' Get Back documentary on Disney Plus is just WAY too long for me see it through completely. Too much talking about nonsense and not enough focus on music. And I just watched No Time to Die with my father. My dad has been a lifelong Bond fan for DECADES and he's literally watched every film in that franchise. And he told me this picture was the WORST one in the franchise. The actors and actresses in it looked bored, and there were far too many of them. There was too much focus on an insanely boring on again off again relationship between Bond and his latest love interest. And it took way too long to find out Bond was a baby daddy. This film also had the same problem that Black Widow had: "Whispering" Russian villains. The reason why I say this is because my old man has loved Bond since he was a kid, and now he wants the franchise to conclude because he HATED this last movie. I don't think Marvel's NEARLY at that stage yet, but if they keep pumping out content at this rate, we'll be arriving at that destination sooner.

I REALLY hope Hawkeye's show has SOMETHING to do with No Way Home. I thought it was dumb for Disney to release Black Widow WHILE Loki was not finished yet. And the two properties had NOTHING to do with each other. I can easily see NWH overshadowing Hawkeye before his series concludes.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-03-2021 at 04:05 PM.

I did not watch iron fist , however shang chi I will say felt more like a chronicles of Narnia mixed with a little but of karate kid or Mulan. for a marital art movie, it lacked a certain raw grittiness that you expect and no it does not have to be R rated. not once in all the fights scene did it feel as if the characters were hurting eachother for real that made you want to worry for their health, it felt many times more like a fast pace dance.

Think of The dark knight rises, you know the first time bane fights batman? yeah think of that and then think of the exact opposite of that fight scene. that is how the marital arts in shang chi felt like.
    Or like the warehouse fight in BvS.

Ultimate Member

The fights in DKR weren't great