Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Well DC ain't going to keep an ongoing that isn't selling. If I'm not mistaken this was Yang's first DC project after New52 Truth so many people likely were sceptical and skipped the book entirely. Maybe another ongoing under Yang would do better now.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well DC ain't going to keep an ongoing that isn't selling. If I'm not mistaken this was Yang's first DC project after New52 Truth so many people likely were sceptical and skipped the book entirely. Maybe another ongoing under Yang would do better now.
    Yeah, good point. I think it would do better this time around. Yang has had more successful books by this point, I think Truth is in the rear view mirror.

Here's to hoping!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

He's back! New costume!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah it’s great to have Kenan back. Glad I’ll actually have enough material to make a 2023 Appreciation thread for him. And he still has the Yin Yang shield!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's back! New costume!
    How do we know who's who again?

I ask because I'm trying to place the to Supermen on the righthand side. I'm guessing rightmost is Kenan. Right?

Yeah, the five Supers behind Clark are Conner, Kara, Natasha, Jon, Kenan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the five Supers behind Clark are Conner, Kara, Natasha, Jon, Kenan.
    So that's Jon. Didn't recognize him.

Are there individual images/pics with Jon and Kenan? I'd love to get a closer look at their new looks.

Glad to have Kenan/New Super-Man back. I'm very much still of the take that he and his superhero friends/family should never have "left", and certainly not for this length of time. But I'm glad he's back nonetheless.

His capeless look is gonna take some serious getting used to, though. As is his suit not being the predominately ruby-colored red, particularly the torso part of it.

Yes! That yin yang logo is so boss, glad they kept that theme. I dig the S on the shoulders too. I also like the yellow trim on the jacket, nice touch.

And Jon... not sure how many people prefer capeless for him but I'm def one! Sleek.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 10-05-2022 at 11:07 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yes! That yin yang logo is so boss, glad they kept that theme. I dig the S on the shoulders too.

And Jon... not sure how many people prefer capeless for him but I'm def one! Sleek.
    I like the sleekness and contemporary feel of a capeless Jon, too. (I don't dislike him with a cape, though, to be clear.)

Kenan should have a cape.

Astonishing Member

Ah, it's a jacket!

Turns out he's technically wearing his usual suit, but he's rocking a jacket over the torso now. (And without the cape.) He's also wearing his bracers on the outside of the jacket.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-09-2022 at 05:54 AM.

Kenan's new look is great and I'm glad he's hanging out with the other supers. I'm curious what his dynamic with Conner would be like. They were accused of having a similar vibe so that gives the writer a cool angle to play with. I'm hoping the other members of JLC pop up in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Kenan's new look is great and I'm glad he's hanging out with the other supers. I'm curious what his dynamic with Conner would be like. They were accused of having a similar vibe so that gives the writer a cool angle to play with. I'm hoping the other members of JLC pop up in other books.
    I still think it'd be cool if they brought back a JL International type thing that included the JLC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I still think it'd be cool if they brought back a JL International type thing that included the JLC.
    It would be.

Kenan showed up in the Big Bang issue today!

If Waid knows who he is I’m hoping he shows up in Lazarus Planet too. I’d like to see what Waid and Yang would do with him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/