Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They teamed up back in the day in Moon Knight (1980) #13:

I have that comic. I remember picking it up as a kid due to the Daredevil appearance.

Moon Knight also had a 3-issue mini-series in the Daredevil/Shadowland event: Shadowland: Moon Knight #1-3. DD and MK don't actually team-up here but are rather enemies as DD is head of The Hand and "controlled" by the beast.

All of the four issues I've detailed above are included in the Shadowland: Moon Knight TPB/HC.
    What a huge opportunity for these two, I can say having Daredevil and Moon Knight team up more is gonna to blow my mind because of their skills and ability. If only Daredevil will had shown up in the "Midnight Son' event call 'Damnation'.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yeah, there are a couple of Flashbacks, so I don't know if it's much rehashing of previous stories, since my knowledge of Elektra is pretty limited.
    Yea there were definitely some new elements introduced to her past as far as I know. Overall I liked it just fine. The art was spectacular.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

BANNED

Someone asked this on the internet about why Bullseye is not Daredevil's archenemy instead of Fisk. After all he has caused more damaged to his loved ones. What you y'll guys think?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Someone asked this on the internet about why Bullseye is not Daredevil's archenemy instead of Fisk. After all he has caused more damaged to his loved ones. What you y'll guys think?
    Fisk is the one that generally pulls the strings, though, in one form or another. Like, Fisk more or less pitted Bullseye and Elektra against one another for the position of his chief assassin. When Mysterio approached Fisk about information on DD, he happily gave it to him at a discount just happy to know how much it would screw up his whole life.

And let's not forget about Born Again. Bullseye may be a stone cold killer with a huge vendetta against DD, but Fisk generally is the one playing him like a fiddle.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

In the comics Bullseye is more of a physical threat while Fisk challenges Matt outside the physical. Bullseye is fun but I don't feel his absence as much as I did Fisk's.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-13-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'll admit, as great of a physical antagonist as Bullseye is, I really don't get why he gets the #2 spot. Sure he's killed people close to Matt, but those were both more or less orchestrated by Fisk. I just don't really see much of the appeal beyond the skill set. Because (quite frankly) I just don't see a whole lot there.

Honest request, here: if someone could explain to me the appeal, I would very much appreciate it.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-13-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think Fisk works well as the opposite. He undermines Matt's faith in the judicial system. Matt is also an active doer who doesn't usually strategize like a chess player, while Fisk is the ultimate spider at the center of a web. It's probably also relevant that Bullseye killed Elektra while working for Fisk.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'll admit, as great of a physical antagonist Bullseye is, I really don't get why he gets the #2 spot. Sure he's killed people close to Matt, but those were both more or less orchestrated by Fisk. I just don't really see much of the appeal beyond the skill set. Because (quite frankly) I just don't see a whole lot there.

Honest request, here: if someone could explain to me the appeal, I would very much appreciate it.
    Bullseye's origins are kinda mixed up in comics and I haven't read them either but Daredevil and Bullseye were kinda being compared with their origins with losing their parents. It can be said that if Daredevil loses his sanity he will become Bullseye. Just like Batman and Joker.

I bought volume 7 of Zdarsky's run yesterday. I'll probably finish it when I'm done with Waid's 3rd omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought volume 7 of Zdarsky's run yesterday. I'll probably finish it when I'm done with Waid's 3rd omnibus.
    Nice. I am picking up the second OHC which is due beginning of feb.

Extraordinary Member

Bullseye's origins are kinda mixed up in comics and I haven't read them either but Daredevil and Bullseye were kinda being compared with their origins with losing their parents. It can be said that if Daredevil loses his sanity he will become Bullseye. Just like Batman and Joker.
    I noticed that on the show and thought it was a clever way to create another parallel between the two. But while it's similar to the comics to an extent, I really didn't care for just how much he seemed to need Fisk's approval. I mean, it made Fisk's skills to emotionally manipulate somebody look even better than what we already knew them to be, but he really didn't seem to have much of a backbone. This is probably yet another reason I really want a DDS4 because after Fisk's exposed manipulation and inflicted spinal injury, I'm really curious to see how Bullseye responds to everyone once he gets his back fixed and out of prison. That said, I kinda did like the relationship Fisk and Bullseye had in the comic previous to the current run, where if Fisk ever needed his specific set of skills or Bullseye was strapped for cash, they could work together again with little to no animosity.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DD by deathstar_soy_uwu@dextersoy:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Iñaki Azpiazu:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DD by deathstar_soy_uwu@dextersoy:

Dexter Soy is a great artist but with colors his art looks a bit too glossy.

Incredible Member

Dexter Soy is awesome but I don't think his style goes very well with DD.