Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

I buy it because they're the books with Wolverine in them. I remember when Wolverine was practicing to assassinate Magneto im the Danger room because he thinks he needs killin.

Am I the only one not bothered by the watch speech? Wolverine tends to get a bit philosophical at times and nothing he said really felt horribly out of character for the guy.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Bored!

No hate towards Logan but him at the forefront of the X-men has never interested me, tbf neither did it when Scott and Emma were.

That aside this is all a symptom of a larger problems, I think Wolverine was featured consistently across the Krakoa era, simply not the face of it. That allowed a revolving door of other characters to receive a measure of prominence. It's kind of unfortunate that as soon as Hickman leaves we have a Wolverine centric event occupying months of X-books.

I know it will sell, and Wolverine is far and away the most popular X-character. However if we don't consistently promote other characters in this fashion how do they ever achieve similar prominence? Personally, after 2 years of the love being spread across the X-men I'm not interested in any one character being presently like this. It's a disservice to all the work we've experienced the last couple years and feels like Marvel returning to the status quo. Something they know will work rather than building to something different. I'll check out the reviews but this event could have been framed around a Wolverine led team and might have been more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    The issue isn't Wolverine. He is always going to be a protagonist in X-Men stuff. It's the hack writer that writes fan fiction instead of a coherent book that respects continuity and the accurate characterization of characters. Every single person in his books is written out of character, including Wolverine. The Jean and Logan thing has been dropped everywhere else and he insists on it. It makes the lead X-Men book look out of place and like she is cheating and not in a polyamorous relationship. It also makes no sense. The narrator sounds like an old guy that is hanging out with teenagers and telling them how cool he is. It's just fucking creepy writing and this guy does not deserve to write Wolverine or X-Force or any other X title for that matter. He is one of the worst writers in comics. He is not that far off from Chuck Austen to be honest. And at least Chuck was entertaining. This guy is boring and talentless.

Watch him retcon a ton of stuff in Wolverines past too. I bet you money he throws something ridiculous in there like the fact Jean always loved him behind Scotts back and had sex with him in the janitors closet when they first met and multiple times in Jim Lee era. LOL.
    You literally just succinctly said how I have felt about this writer's entire X-men stories.

"The Biggest Wolverine Story of all time" - hype marketing

Finally addressed the Colossus "biggest Colossus arc of all time" - reality.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'm not interested in this either but some of you say some really mean **** about Percy.
    Isn’t that you in like any thread that even mentions Tini Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Am I the only one not bothered by the watch speech? Wolverine tends to get a bit philosophical at times and nothing he said really felt horribly out of character for the guy.
    No. I agree completely. Felt in character to me. *shrugs*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. I agree completely. Felt in character to me. *shrugs*
    It was definitely in character, just kinda clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Holy revisionist fanfic. Poor Mariko, lol.

Bonus points for the dumb watch thingy too, I suppose.
    Does present-day Logan even know Mariko is alive? I think OML is the only one who dealt with her.

But yeah, that line about Jean being "maybe the only one who ever loved me" felt really off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does present-day Logan even know Mariko is alive? I think OML is the only one who dealt with her.

But yeah, that line about Jean being "maybe the only one who ever loved me" felt really off.
    Logan spoken to Mariko over the location of Muramasa for making new sword during the beginning chapters of X of Swords which was written by Percy as well. I was very much surprised Logan didn't want to rekindled anything with her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I agree I didn't find it out of character at all. But I can't blame people writers don't tend to write Wolverine with consistent depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Logan spoken to Mariko over the location of Muramasa for making new sword during the beginning chapters of X of Swords which was written by Percy as well. I was very much surprised Logan didn't want to rekindled anything with her.
    Yeah, then it makes even less sense why he'd describe Jean that way when Mariko literally still exists (other than shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

THey did dirty to Ororo too, she was devastated when he died. Storm wasn't as serious as Mariko, of course

Extraordinary Member

Oh wow..another Wolverine book...when there are dozens of characters who have all been relegated to nothing more than group shots.

BANNED

Storm/Logan shouldn't have been a lovey-dovey thing anyway, though I think of them as having messed around for sure.