Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Lol this thread is great... 5 pages of "it shouldn't happen and it will suck." Well guys, it's happening.

While I'm not a huge fan of Flashpoint, I get why they're doing it... like somebody said, it'll tie into the Flash movie, and for some reason they are too scared to let Flash lead it even though FLASH is in the title.

Looks like they may be bringing back the classic Time Masters? Rip Hunter finally reappeared in the Blue and Gold comic, and he seems to be working with Time-Masters again, rather than going solo like in BG's solo comic...

Do we have any hint on what's happening, besides Rip/Thomas' chalkboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Lol this thread is great... 5 pages of "it shouldn't happen and it will suck." Well guys, it's happening.

While I'm not a huge fan of Flashpoint, I get why they're doing it... like somebody said, it'll tie into the Flash movie, and for some reason they are too scared to let Flash lead it even though FLASH is in the title.

Looks like they may be bringing back the classic Time Masters? Rip Hunter finally reappeared in the Blue and Gold comic, and he seems to be working with Time-Masters again, rather than going solo like in BG's solo comic...

Do we have any hint on what's happening, besides Rip/Thomas' chalkboard?
    All we know is a serial killer called the Clockwork Killer plays a big part in things, oh and Harvey Dent's son named Dexter.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    All we know is a serial killer called the Clockwork Killer plays a big part in things, oh and Harvey Dent's son named Dexter.
    Sounds like a Watchmen reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like a Watchmen reference.
    Now wouldn't that be something for John with Adams and Sheridan's help to make the Flashpoint sequel a secret sequel to Doomsday Clock.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Never been a Flashpoint fan, but DC going to Johns, sounds like desperation, the sales are awful, with exception of batman books nothing is doing well. They have become shock value no substance. A good example is JL being killed. A pathetic attempt to grab some sales.
    Now they go to the only writer that can give them some boost at sales. However I only hope Geoff is committed to this, he has too much on his plate, I doubt he has time to dedicate to comic writing. If he is, he will deliver as usual although I prefer if he did an ongoing about one of the characters that badly need to receive a boost.

Some are speculating Geoff is gonna return to DC, I doubt that, he is earning much more from what he is doing now, If it happens and with Didio gone it is not impossible, he will ask to have full control, which at the current state of Dc it can do some good.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-23-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Never been a Flashpoint fan, but DC going to Johns, sounds like desperation, the sales are awful, with exception of batman books nothing is doing well. They have become shock value no substance. A good example is JL being killed. A pathetic attempt to grab some sales. . . .
    Or else a desperate attempt to remove the stench of Bendis from the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Disregarding the accusations, he was the guys who was supposed to be overseeing the DCEU, and it caught fire on his watch. He should be memory holed for that alone
    I'm no fan of the man (I like some of his work but no real attachment to him as a person), but claiming it caught fire on his watch is a bit unfair. The DCEU was basically on fire from day 1, he just happened to be on hand for its most embarrassing failure. But it's a stretch to look at what happened in 2016 and pretend everything was running smoothly and he fucked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You don't hire electricians to fix your broken sink. You don't hire comic book writers to over see movies. His ideas work when they are being interpreted by actual filmmakers not when he himself is overseeing things because movies/tv shows are out of his wheelhouse no matter how much he brags about having worked with Richard Donner.
    That's the long and short of it. People were really comparing him to Kevin Feige, but the difference is Feige is a veteran of film production who happens to be a comic book fan, not a comic writer who tried to make the transition to movie production. But Stargirl is pretty great, yeah. I've really been enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is a terrible idea. They should be trying to extract and bin Johns’ “additions” from the fabric of DC, not letting him add more

Disregarding the accusations, he was the guys who was supposed to be overseeing the DCEU, and it caught fire on his watch. He should be memory holed for that alone
    This is ridiculous DCEU caught fire because of snyder not Johns, apart that he contributed greatly to what saved DCEU, Aquaman, he was involved in that movie from A to Z, but CONVENIENTLY you forget that, letting your personal bias come in between.

Facts are that since he left DC soon after Rebirth, things went down the road, like it or not. Useless deceiving oneself, facts are that he sells and many are ready to jump back at reading a DC book just for him. I will not buy Flashpoint, because I consider it one of his books I didn't like. But as he didn't with 3 Jokers it will be a hit, DC badly needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Snyder stans hated Johns ever since JL, but leftist Twitter really came after him once Ray started going at him. Geiger came out after his “cancellation” and sold very well I understand, which is probably why DC doesn’t care about the backlash.
    It was mainly snyder stans pretending to be leftists. They still are, DC obviously doesn't care, after seeing the numbers on HBO and how even WW84 sold more videos than ZSJL, they now know that they overestimated them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's the long and short of it. People were really comparing him to Kevin Feige, but the difference is Feige is a veteran of film production who happens to be a comic book fan, not a comic writer who tried to make the transition to movie production. But Stargirl is pretty great, yeah. I've really been enjoying it.
    He was called in by WB to have someone who had a knowledge with these characters. He logged horns with snyder, because the later was butchering these characters. Easy for some people to blame him for failures which aren't really his, but strangely he is not given credit for the biggest success of the DCEU, which he wrote and produced, Aquaman. Johns greatest mistake was to accept to move to WB, although financially it was convenient. He had the misfortune to find someone like snyder, who destroyed the DCEU in its infancy It is not Johns fault that these movies are slow, in black and white, gloomy, with superheroes so out of character.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-23-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or else a desperate attempt to remove the stench of Bendis from the Justice League.
    Johns is too busy with Geiger and Stargirl and they gave the Justice League book to Williamson. So likely this is more brand synergy to capitalize on the movie. The fact they gave him several co-writers shows they don't trust him on meeting deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not to mention that Flashpoint wasn’t supposed to be a big reboot event, story is that Flashpoint was meant solely to be a Flash story and then it became a whole thing that drastically changed the DC universe even up to today, given that characters and history from the new 52 still exist.
    I personally see little of the new 52 still standing. Almost everything was removed and modified to the current line.
    I hope we never get a new Didio in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by universo View Post
    I personally see little of the new 52 still standing. Almost everything was removed and modified to the current line.
    I hope we never get a new Didio in DC.
    1. Characters like Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Bunker, Duke Thomas, Wallace West, and Khalid Nassour still exist
    2. Vertigo and Wildstorm characters who arrived post-Flashpoint still live here
    3. Character history that occurred during that era still are referenced (Forever Evil/Luthor on the Justice League, Cyborg being on the Justice League, Spy era Grayson, Harley Quinn, Ted Kord being alive, the Shazam family to name a few)

While things have changed back to pre-New 52 era history and characters, it is just that the New 52 that wasn't completely wiped out still persist just down played that it was all part of a huge reboot and made to fit into things people like.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-24-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    Words to live by.

Will this finally come out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will this finally come out this year?
    For me, this is arguably the biggest question.

If you're doing a story that's off in its own little universe (e.g. Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns), then delays, although annoying, don't really hobble the story.

But when you're doing a big, "possibly altering the underpinnings of a a shared universe" kind of story, delays are freaking deadly. I've already said it once in this thread, but I'll repeat it for emphasis: DC better make sure this thing is in the can before releasing the first issue.

"The Clockwork Killer". Spoiler: It's Doctor Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can we even call it a stench? Everything is so generic and sterile.