Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I think it's Tony and Hellcat getting married as well. I didn't know Doom killed a whole universe. So that's the dead universe Tony sent Korvac to. Thanks for that information. Looking forward to see Tony and Victor confronting each other.
    In the last issue of the Doctor Doom solo, Doom found himself on the Earth of the other universe that was bleeding over into the 616 universe due to the effect of the black hole used as a source of energy for the Antlion project on the Moon. His counterpart had a wife and 2 young sons, was honored and respected as a great leader and innovator. He slowly became enraged at the fact that this version of himself had the life he wished he had. It didn't help that other Victor was a bit too smug about it. He kept a tropy case of various powerful relics like the Darkhold, the Mandarin's 10 rings, the Infinity Stones, the Cosmic Cube and the Ultimate Nullfier. He took the Ultimate Nullfier and just annihilated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In the last issue of the Doctor Doom solo, Doom found himself on the Earth of the other universe that was bleeding over into the 616 universe due to the effect of the black hole used as a source of energy for the Antlion project on the Moon. His counterpart had a wife and 2 young sons, was honored and respected as a great leader and innovator. He slowly became enraged at the fact that this version of himself had the life he wished he had. It didn't help that other Victor was a bit too smug about it. He kept a tropy case of various powerful relics like the Darkhold, the Mandarin's 10 rings, the Infinity Stones, the Cosmic Cube and the Ultimate Nullfier. He took the Ultimate Nullfier and just annihilated it.
    WOW! That sounds incredible. I'm going to have to pick up that Doom series. Thanks for filling me in. It's greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Big Iron Man / Hellcat announcement coming soon, hopefully Friday. We'll have take them on one hell of a journey by Issue #19 in April. Two of my favorite characters I've ever written.

What's next for them post-Books of Korvac?

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/st...54221846032385
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Almost sounds like it's going to get relaunched/re-titled into Iron Man/Hellcat, although it's probably just announcing the new arc.

I'm ready to move on from Korvac.
    Well, there's an Iron Man/Hellcat annual in June... because in Iron Man #20 in May, Tony asks Patsy to marry him!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-iron-man-...nger-proposal/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You'd never see Reed and Victor having the kind of encounters/conversations they do.
    Of course, they have completely different types of relationships. Doom and Reed are sworn enemies, they were, are and will be, no matter how they both sometimes try to get away from it, this is inevitable and the reasons for this are very complex, hidden deep in their personalities.
    Doom's relationship with Stark is completely different, like Stark's relationship with Doom, there is no need to compare, as much evil as Doom has done to Reed and his family, Doom has not done to anyone. Perhaps only to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, there's an Iron Man/Hellcat annual in June... because in Iron Man #20 in May, Tony asks Patsy to marry him!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-iron-man-...nger-proposal/
    I like Tony. I like Patsy. But this feels way too soon.

Like, okay, they've been through a lot with Korvac but they've only been together for...how long in-story? And have they even been officially dating?

I've seen too many broken comic book engagements to expect much from this. I can see Patsy either refusing or they don't even make it to the aisle.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

WOW! That sounds incredible. I'm going to have to pick up that Doom series. Thanks for filling me in. It's greatly appreciated.
    It was amazing. I’m kinda sad Cantwell hasn’t done a storyline involving Doom yet. I’d love to see them return to that Earth and team up like they did in IM 150 & 250.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just snagged the Iron Man review just in time for the wedding.

I left early in the run. Is the Hellcat character sill a giant nag, or has the character gotten tolerable?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

This sounds exactly like Tony lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Me and Iron Maiden figured it would be a marriage announcement and we were right. I think it’s Tony just trying to hold on to someone he thinks is more stable than him. Really looking forward to see what Cantwell has planned. Also I hope he doesn’t forget about Tony being addicted to morphine. Unless he wipes it away with the Power Cosmic which I think would be a big mistake and a huge missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-28-2022 at 03:25 PM.

I'm 90% sure Gillen wrote this.

Me and Iron Maiden figured it would be a marriage announcement and we were right. I think it’s Tony just trying to hold on to someone he thinks is more stable than him. Really looking forward to see what Cantwell has planned. Also I hope he doesn’t forget about Tony being addicted to morphine. Unless he wipes it away with the Power Cosmic which I think would be a big mistake and a huge missed opportunity.
    If Tony goes back to his old self then the potential for addiction will still be there. He may not have withdrawal from the morphine. That would be OK. Being cosmic would remove it from his system if Tony so willed. The addiction part may still be one day at a time. Like in AA. Tony tying the knot seems like disaster waiting to happen. I’ll bet he’ll have one hell of a bachelor party. �� Looking forward to see how all of this turns out. Cantwell has been doing a great job IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    If Tony goes back to his old self then the potential for addiction will still be there. He may not have withdrawal from the morphine. That would be OK. Being cosmic would remove it from his system if Tony so willed. The addiction part may still be one day at a time. Like in AA. Tony tying the knot seems like disaster waiting to happen. I’ll bet he’ll have one hell of a bachelor party. �� Looking forward to see how all of this turns out. Cantwell has been doing a great job IMO.
    Yeah you’re right. Tony getting married could really end up being a catastrophe. Also if Tony did have a bachelor party it could be decadent.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-28-2022 at 05:38 PM.