Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It look good on you mane...it look good on you..lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wonder if the ashes disappear with the Ranni ending...
    Age of Stars (Ranni) and Lord of Chaos (Frenzied Flame) have unique cutscenes. The four Elden Lord endings all use minor variations of the same scene with different narration.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Age of Stars (Ranni) and Lord of Chaos (Frenzied Flame) have unique cutscenes. The four Elden Lord endings all use minor variations of the same scene with different narration.
    Ok I'll probably go for the Ranni ending next time. I was expecting the ashes to disappear from the open world after the ending when the game restarted.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ok I'll probably go for the Ranni ending next time. I was expecting the ashes to disappear from the open world after the ending when the game restarted.
    Congrats my dude, yeah the ashes don't disappear even with the Ranni ending.

But I have been beating some of the bosses I missed, I wrecked the hidden Dragon Lord and a lot of the bosses on Mt. Gelnir.

But I am done with game for now, I'll wait for the eventual DLC

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Finally BEAT IT!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!

OMG, it was tough and I finally beat my first FromSoft game!

I loved it, hated it, got that sweet Ranni ending and now to put it away for a long time and pick it up later and run rough shot in the Lands In Between.

Thanks for all the help you guys, I honestly could not have done it without you!

Smooches!
    Congratulations!

When I beat Elden Beast I was more like "f- u" rather than "f-yeah".

Elden Ring is an amazing game. Its boss design and obscure level design dragged it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Congratulations!

Elden Ring is an amazing game. Its boss design and obscure level design dragged it down a bit.
    Thanks! Oh I definitely felt a giant F-U, but the elation I felt was amazing.

I totally agree boss design and obtuse level design was rough especially for a first time FromSoft player

Extraordinary Member

Congrats my dude, yeah the ashes don't disappear even with the Ranni ending.

But I have been beating some of the bosses I missed, I wrecked the hidden Dragon Lord and a lot of the bosses on Mt. Gelnir.

But I am done with game for now, I'll wait for the eventual DLC
    Oh yeah I got a few bosses still on my hit list. And some random loot I still wanna get. Still haven't been to the Deep roots. But i'm glad i got the main story out the way and can do this stuff at my leisure. Cheers M8!

And I just finished my platinum trophy, first game I've gone through that effort for in a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Congratulations!

I think the level design is fantastic in this one. Right up there with DS2’s DLC, though maybe not quite the original DS’s intricate connectedness.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think the level design is fantastic in this one. Right up there with DS2’s DLC, though maybe not quite the original DS’s intricate connectedness.
    I chose my words a little wrong there.

I actually meant quest design. I did Ranni’s quest and the Volcano Manor quest and without a very detailed guide there was no way I would have completed those quests.

But some levels were like hell. That Haligtree hidden level was a nightmare same with the Subterranean Shunning Grounds.

Also I'm curious did anyone here do any crafting?

I never crafted anything at all, I don't even think I looked at the menu whatsoever.

Nor did I ever use any pots, daggers, or bows.

I do like the fact that you aren't hobbled and it's completely up to your play style.

Extraordinary Member

I never crafted anything at all, I don't even think I looked at the menu whatsoever.

I do like the fact that you aren't hobbled and it's completely up to your play style.
    Yeah I crafted some arrows and gold pickled feet or whatever they're called lol.

Mighty Member

Sleep pots are love. Sleep pots are life. Sleep pots keep annoying overworld enemies out of the way while exploring, and absolutely STEAMROLL Godskins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Sleep pots are love. Sleep pots are life. Sleep pots keep annoying overworld enemies out of the way while exploring, and absolutely STEAMROLL Godskins.
    You know I keep seeing people post that Godskins are hella hard, but I wrecked them on my first try and I suck at games like this.

I just kept spamming my Moonblade Katana, I fought the original version and the ghost versions that were controlled by that ******* snail (I kept killing them until I realized there was a snail jerk in the corner [PS: that fight gets you a pretty cool talisman, I think it is called newborn skin or some ****, that restores HP after combos]).

I crafted to make sure I had a steady supply of various throwing darts to give me a way to pull enemies without having to constantly put a crossbow on and off, I played with a few consumables but the one I used the most of was the boiled crab you buy off the one npc
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-09-2022 at 12:25 AM.