Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Red Robin is a bad name and this is a bland look. Tim deserves better.
    What's wrong with the name Red Robin?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What's wrong with the name Red Robin?
    Redrobin.jpg

10 characters

I really like the Red Robin look. I'd rather Tim have the Red Robin costume and name than have to share the Robin mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I really like the Red Robin look. I'd rather Tim have the Red Robin costume and name than have to share the Robin mantle.
    Which Red Robin costume though ?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Red Robin is a bad name and this is a bland look. Tim deserves better.
    I like the costume, but at the time they were trying to say Tim was the most like Bruce, when that took away a lot of things that made Tim great. Which I know didn't have anything to do with the costume, but it reminds me of that time.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

To me the cowl's the only thing that really defines the Red Robin suit... because the version from the New 52 was just a bad Nightwing ripoff with a palette swap.

And I think almost any post-Robin identity needs something that creates as big of a visual separation as the cowl; another domino mask is just boring.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    To me the cowl's the only thing that really defines the Red Robin suit... because the version from the New 52 was just a bad Nightwing ripoff with a palette swap.

And I think almost any post-Robin identity needs something that creates as big of a visual separation as the cowl; another domino mask is just boring.

What about the Unternet Mask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What about the Unternet Mask?
    301445c855cbc41fd57166a3a3675428.jpg
    35edef1f42dc210f4fbe12a78704ad33.jpg
    sdkq50s9cgx51.jpg

Great costume!

Mighty Member

Too, Nightwing with a cape.

While I still prefer the cowl because it gives Tim the best visual separation from the other Robins because it is too similar to Dr. Midnight. I think a fan drawing I found on Reddit is a good compromise between the Unternet mask and cowl.

Extraordinary Member

I actually liked the design of the Batman Unlimited version of the cowl, where his hair flows out a small hole at the back, like Stephanie and Barabara’s Batgirl cowls.
    Attachment 121029

I once redid a Marcus To cover with a slight tweak in design, keeping most of the look, but throwing in some touches and replacing the gold with silver; I wanted to embrace the fact it’s more of a Pokémon-style evolution of the Robin identity rather than a total transition out of it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I like the Red Robin look, especially with the tunic. But I did not care for the name.

However, if done correctly (correctly, DC, c’mon) I would even take Tim taking up that mantle again. But I’d rather it’d be something different. It doesn’t have to be bat or bird related. They can get all creative here.

I would also love a new costume. Something simple, but cool looking. It has to be simple, the more complicated it is the less it looks like itself as it gets passed around to different artists.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

The original Red Robin look wasn't distinctive enough, and the book's writer knew it. Tim was once mistaken for Doctor Mid-Nite!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The original Red Robin look wasn't distinctive enough, and the book's writer knew it. Tim was once mistaken for Doctor Mid-Nite!
    And that's an insult to Doctor Mid-Nite...his costume looks much better than Red Robin's!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I like the Red Robin look, especially with the tunic. But I did not care for the name.

However, if done correctly (correctly, DC, c’mon) I would even take Tim taking up that mantle again. But I’d rather it’d be something different. It doesn’t have to be bat or bird related. They can get all creative here.

I would also love a new costume. Something simple, but cool looking. It has to be simple, the more complicated it is the less it looks like itself as it gets passed around to different artists.
    Rook is my preferred alternative name - it's both a bird and a chess piece.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Rook is my preferred alternative name - it's both a bird and a chess piece.
    I agree and I'd keep the Red Robin cowl.