Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I noted the same thing. The closest to a usual main character on that posters is Kirishima. I doubt that Deku and Bakugou will be completely left out, but it would be fun if they're just like in the stands or something while the supporting characters get to be in the spotlight.
    Yeah, it would be funny to see hem in the stands because there teams got knocked out already

I noted the same thing. The closest to a usual main character on that posters is Kirishima. I doubt that Deku and Bakugou will be completely left out, but it would be fun if they're just like in the stands or something while the supporting characters get to be in the spotlight.
    What I'm hoping is for like a scene where they go to the Endeavor Agency to try and recruit them, and they get immediately turned down since they're too busy. Which would also make sense, since it's believable Endeavor would be the only one who would refuse to take part in the Baseball League.

Don't forget the next chapter is out today

spoilers:
    In a flashback, Shoto explains to Midoriya the process of how his Phosphor technique works, controlling the cold and hot blood in his body to create cold fire. In the present, Shoto attacks Dabi, who counters with a volcanic eruption that consumes the entire battlefield. While charging up his next attack, Shoto thinks about how his friends in Class 1-A have always been there with him as he slowly struggled to figure out what he wants, before unleashing his Ultimate Move, a gigantic wave of cold fire directly into Dabi's chest, freezing the entire city, and seemingly neutralizing Dabi for good.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A short but effective chapter with some truly excellent art, as this fight supposedly comes to an end. Dabi's most likely not "dead" here, especially considering Shoto's dialogue about getting him to stop so they can "mingle" while Dabi kept pushing him away. He may not be long for the world given his body, but for now, especially since it looks like Shoto completely cooled down his insides, he seems like he's fine-ish. If this really is the end of their fighting I'm extremely curious to know where the story's going to go next, if he's just taken out of commission for the rest of the War, or has something else to do later.

Also, it's a really nice little thing to see how thinking about Class 1-A, as well as Midoriya's words from the Sports Festival, is what helps give him reassurance, and showing that it really is ultimately a team effort with everyone supporting each other, rather than the worry of needing to compete and catch up.
    end of spoilers

Also, it is revealed that the final chapter of Vigilantes will be the next one in two weeks, so again this is the best time to catch up on the series if you haven't already, it's definitely worth it especially if you're a fan of the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    In a flashback, Shoto explains to Midoriya the process of how his Phosphor technique works, controlling the cold and hot blood in his body to create cold fire. In the present, Shoto attacks Dabi, who counters with a volcanic eruption that consumes the entire battlefield. While charging up his next attack, Shoto thinks about how his friends in Class 1-A have always been there with him as he slowly struggled to figure out what he wants, before unleashing his Ultimate Move, a gigantic wave of cold fire directly into Dabi's chest, freezing the entire city, and seemingly neutralizing Dabi for good.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A short but effective chapter with some truly excellent art, as this fight supposedly comes to an end. Dabi's most likely not "dead" here, especially considering Shoto's dialogue about getting him to stop so they can "mingle" while Dabi kept pushing him away. He may not be long for the world given his body, but for now, especially since it looks like Shoto completely cooled down his insides, he seems like he's fine-ish. If this really is the end of their fighting I'm extremely curious to know where the story's going to go next, if he's just taken out of commission for the rest of the War, or has something else to do later.

Also, it's a really nice little thing to see how thinking about Class 1-A, as well as Midoriya's words from the Sports Festival, is what helps give him reassurance, and showing that it really is ultimately a team effort with everyone supporting each other, rather than the worry of needing to compete and catch up.
    end of spoilers

Also, it is revealed that the final chapter of Vigilantes will be the next one in two weeks, so again this is the best time to catch up on the series if you haven't already, it's definitely worth it especially if you're a fan of the main series.
    spoilers:
    A very good chapter, with Shoto really showing how much he has grown. As for Dabi, I think he's beaten for good, and probably doesn't have a lot of time left. Maybe enough for the family to try and make amends. Also with this fight, I'm struggling to see why Ida was there. Burning and co, make scene, but Ida seemed stange to be there, Dabi's heat would have incapacitated him if they did fight.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I sure do hope that Dabi doesn't die at all, but if he's going to die then I imagine that it'll be after seeing the rest of his family and reconciling with them. Although I do like the idea of Dabi, Toga and Spinner all being defeated and then showing up as crucial components in dragging Tenko out of AFO's control.

I do appreciate that it took several pro-heroes to block Dabi's massive AOE and I was delightfully surprised by how Shoto's final attack had frozen the entire city around them, or at least a large part of it. That was a good "Wow." moment.

Yeah. I really like this as a kind of "Take things at your own pace" message. It's not entirely what I would expect from a big action shounen story.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    A very good chapter, with Shoto really showing how much he has grown. As for Dabi, I think he's beaten for good, and probably doesn't have a lot of time left. Maybe enough for the family to try and make amends. Also with this fight, I'm struggling to see why Ida was there. Burning and co, make scene, but Ida seemed stange to be there, Dabi's heat would have incapacitated him if they did fight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There might've been a plan but Dabi proved too powerful for them. Or Iida is there for moral support and he's going to take Shoto along with him to the next battlefield.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My hope that the reason Iida is there is so he can reunite with Stain, who we saw last in Kamino when he encountered All Might. Maybe he sees him do something that makes him recognize Iida as a "true hero", and allows him to take him down, which would be a nice way of giving Iida some kind of a conclusion. It will be a shame if he is just there to do nothing and get sidelined again.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I sure do hope that Dabi doesn't die at all, but if he's going to die then I imagine that it'll be after seeing the rest of his family and reconciling with them. Although I do like the idea of Dabi, Toga and Spinner all being defeated and then showing up as crucial components in dragging Tenko out of AFO's control.

I do appreciate that it took several pro-heroes to block Dabi's massive AOE and I was delightfully surprised by how Shoto's final attack had frozen the entire city around them, or at least a large part of it. That was a good "Wow." moment.

Yeah. I really like this as a kind of "Take things at your own pace" message. It's not entirely what I would expect from a big action shounen story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I originally thought Dabi would be the only LoV member that wouldn't make some last minute "heel turn" against AFO, but now after seeing his backstory/connection to AFO, and what's been happening in this battle, it's starting to feel like a more likely possibility. Not having them suddenly turn good, but instead just letting them take their frustrations on the one that's been using them, I feel would be very satisfying.

We were talking about "movie vs. manga" moments, and that definitely felt like the most "movie" moment in the series for Shoto, but incredibly well earned and effective. It being this basically gigantic beam that basically fixed everything rather than destroy it is incredibly poignant too. Hopefully if they play their cards right, this will be beautiful to see in the anime.

It fits in line with the shift of "The story of how I became the greatest hero" to "How WE became the greatest heroes". No longer worrying about rivalries or burdening with being a successor, just casual support and teamwork can help you get through everything.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    We were talking about "movie vs. manga" moments, and that definitely felt like the most "movie" moment in the series for Shoto, but incredibly well earned and effective. It being this basically gigantic beam that basically fixed everything rather than destroy it is incredibly poignant too. Hopefully if they play their cards right, this will be beautiful to see in the anime.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The fight was unfortunately still missing Shoto really using his movement and athletic/hand-to-hand-combat skills imo.

I find his fight scenes I the manga post sports festival kind of unsatisfying they are all pretty static and Shoto either:
    - wins extremely fast (Ending, Soda Pop)
    - struggles a lot and looses ultimately (or needs help from someone else) even if he makes a cool comeback (Gang Orca, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu)

General a lot of his later fights where about show casing some weakness in his fighting style (which wasn't really done that way with the other main characters), but untypically for the genre there was never really given much focus to him over coming this weaknesses.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-16-2022 at 02:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    My hope that the reason Iida is there is so he can reunite with Stain, who we saw last in Kamino when he encountered All Might. Maybe he sees him do something that makes him recognize Iida as a "true hero", and allows him to take him down, which would be a nice way of giving Iida some kind of a conclusion. It will be a shame if he is just there to do nothing and get sidelined again.

I originally thought Dabi would be the only LoV member that wouldn't make some last minute "heel turn" against AFO, but now after seeing his backstory/connection to AFO, and what's been happening in this battle, it's starting to feel like a more likely possibility. Not having them suddenly turn good, but instead just letting them take their frustrations on the one that's been using them, I feel would be very satisfying.

It fits in line with the shift of "The story of how I became the greatest hero" to "How WE became the greatest heroes". No longer worrying about rivalries or burdening with being a successor, just casual support and teamwork can help you get through everything.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If Stain does show up it would also be interesting to see him interact with Dabi as well, seeing how Dabi is supposed to be a fan. Since Iida hasn't taken any damage during this fight he might even get to protect Dabi against Stain. That could be a cool moment.

Yeah, all the remaining LoV members jumping a nearly triumphant AFO because he's an ******* who's tricked and forced them into following his plan and ideals instead of their own chaotic hate would be delightful.

This whole exchange will almost certainly get a top team dedicated to it. The exchanges between brothers, the hellish landscape that Dabi creates by unleashing his full might, Shoto's final blow the chills his brother's destructive flames and encases the city landscape in a sheet of pristine ice. They need to make it look as good as possible.

No competition and no rankings. Just good people doing their best to save the day and support each other. That's a really good message. Especially for shounen action fans who are often very obsessed with who the strongest of any given series is.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    spoilers:
    The fight was unfortunately still missing Shoto really using his movement and athletic/hand-to-hand-combat skills imo.

I find his fight scenes I the manga post sports festival kind of unsatisfying they are all pretty static and Shoto either:
    - wins extremely fast (Ending, Soda Pop)
    - struggles a lot and looses ultimately (or needs help from someone else) even if he makes a cool comeback (Gang Orca, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu)

General a lot of his later fights where about show casing some weakness in his fighting style (which wasn't really done that way with the other main characters), but untypically for the genre there was never really given much focus to him over coming this weaknesses.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He used his powers to zip forward with his final blow, and pretty much every attack he's used on Dabi in this fight has been a close quarters blow. Now, he's not a master martial artist. But that was never Shoto's deal.

This fight shows him overcoming several weaknesses by being the ultimate fruits of his series long training. He's finally started master how to control his heat and cold so that he can use them efficiently at the same time and deliver focused and devastating attacks. But more importantly he's found his way forward after struggling to find a goal after losing his toxic focus of just going against Endeavor's wishes. That's the really important development for the character here.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    He used his powers to zip forward with his final blow, and pretty much every attack he's used on Dabi in this fight has been a close quarters blow. Now, he's not a master martial artist. But that was never Shoto's deal.

This fight shows him overcoming several weaknesses by being the ultimate fruits of his series long training. He's finally started master how to control his heat and cold so that he can use them efficiently at the same time and deliver focused and devastating attacks. But more importantly he's found his way forward after struggling to find a goal after losing his toxic focus of just going against Endeavor's wishes. That's the really important development for the character here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was more speaking about previous fights, where it was something like he uis to reliant on his quirk/ice/spamming large scale attacks... I mean you getz something like this with other characters, too, but they usually come up with a solution pretty fast, like for example Deku with his Shoot Style and Air Force.

With Shoto it felt like for ever till he developed a new attack.

And when it come to martial arts, he showed at least to have some hand to hand combat skills in his fights with Deku and Bakugo, and iirc during USJ and it they completely vanisched after that. Fights look just cooler if the characters move and doges a bit more, with Shoto it has been pretty much either standing still or directly rushing to the enemy and hitting him with one big attack since the sports festival.
    end of spoilers

Yuga has been confirmed as the final My Hero Ones Justice 2 DLC character for season 2, to be released tomorrow

spoilers:
    If Stain does show up it would also be interesting to see him interact with Dabi as well, seeing how Dabi is supposed to be a fan. Since Iida hasn't taken any damage during this fight he might even get to protect Dabi against Stain. That could be a cool moment.

Yeah, all the remaining LoV members jumping a nearly triumphant AFO because he's an ******* who's tricked and forced them into following his plan and ideals instead of their own chaotic hate would be delightful.

This whole exchange will almost certainly get a top team dedicated to it. The exchanges between brothers, the hellish landscape that Dabi creates by unleashing his full might, Shoto's final blow the chills his brother's destructive flames and encases the city landscape in a sheet of pristine ice. They need to make it look as good as possible.

No competition and no rankings. Just good people doing their best to save the day and support each other. That's a really good message. Especially for shounen action fans who are often very obsessed with who the strongest of any given series is.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also be interesting since it's clear Dabi isn't actually a fan of Stain or really believes in his ideals, but rather uses those ideals as a stepping point for his own vengeance. See the symbolism of Dabi nonchalantly burning down the All Might statue. Seeing Iida protect the unconscious Dabi or any of the other villains over there from being killed by Stain would be a cool direction.

Villains turning their back on AFO I think would be the final nail to represent AFO's defeat. Since he's always used his either fear over others or temptation through lust of power to attract them toward him, so if it reaches the point that even they go against him, then he'll realize he has nothing left to take advantage of, and probably execute "one last resort" they all have to deal with.

I have seen alot of discussions online regarding the merit of "choreography" in MHA, and how it lacks in some areas. But to me at least here, Shoto and Dabi have never really been brawlers, and most of their battles tend to have them be very static, while letting their fire and ice do all the moving, so it following suit here makes sense. It's mostly about in what creative ways they can make use of their abilities to attack.
    end of spoilers

Yuga has been confirmed as the final My Hero Ones Justice 2 DLC character for season 2, to be released tomorrow
    Did not expect that choice, was thinking we'd get another "out of the bag" choice rather than another 1-A classmate, but if this was done because of manga synergy, that's pretty cool at least.

Did not expect that choice, was thinking we'd get another "out of the bag" choice rather than another 1-A classmate, but if this was done because of manga synergy, that's pretty cool at least.
    spoilers:
    I'm sure some players will get some satisfaction about beating up the traitor
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Here's Aoyama's character trailer.

He's using his Navel Saber quite a bit more than I expected. I thought for sure he was going to be a full out zoner.

Well if he didn't have his Naval Laser, he would be completely a long range fighter which even in the show was shown to be a bad idea.