Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    We’re getting a Squirrel Girl Omnibus but still no Superior Spider-Man?
    It's pretty weird. Not the Squirrel Girl part - she's popular enough - but maybe Marvel can't decide how and in what order to omnibus-up Slott's run? That is, do they put in his BND issues in the first volume? Do they do BND first instead? Superior or Big Time first? If it's not because of some weird internal debate, then I'm all sorts of flummoxed...I get striking while the iron is hot w/the Spencer and Beyond omnis (I guess), but those are going to be our only post-OMD omnis??
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Don’t ask me to back this up, but I’m fairly certain Conan omnibuses are the biggest reason for the ongoing international paper shortages.
    I've long suspected the same thing.

Never have I seen so much material under one franchise churned out in omni format in such a short period of time... smh
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Would this by Volume 1 or Volume 3?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

It is volume 1 of a new era. The other two volumes of this Lunar hero chronicle his origin through mid-80s.
    When this title begins in '89 and runs for 60 issues it is a more modern take on the character without seriously altering who the fundamentally is at his core.

I would not have thought we'd be getting this so soon since we just got 3 Omnis as ties to the TV show.
    Just hope we don't have to wait long for volume 2!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've long suspected the same thing.

Never have I seen so much material under one franchise churned out in omni format in such a short period of time... smh
    They must have known they'd be losing their rights to Conan quick, so they churned those Omnis out as fast as they could.

Too bad they can't do the same with X-Men omnis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    They must have known they'd be losing their rights to Conan quick, so they churned those Omnis out as fast as they could.
    True, although given that the Conan Properties president said Marvel chose not to renew the license, one might suspect that the Collected Editions department thought, “Well, the initial deal is for four years, and who knows if we’ll reup after that, so let’s get as much out as we can.” And since we’re getting three CTB volumes in the last half of 2022, a person might also think the CE folks were told at some point, “Hey, odds are we won’t be renewing this license, so plan accordingly.”

Astonishing Member

MOON KNIGHT: MARC SPECTOR OMNIBUS VOL 1

Collects Marc Spector: Moon Knight (1989) 1-34; Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 353-358, Moon Knight: Divided We Fall (1992), material from Punisher Annual (1998) 2
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-20-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Who has a running list of solicited Omnis for the remainder of 2022?
    If you could post it that would be awesome!
    Please & Thanks
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

MOON KNIGHT: MARC SPECTOR OMNIBUS VOL 1

Collects Marc Spector: Moon Knight (1989) 1-34; Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 363-358, Moon Knight: Divided We Fall (1992), material from Punisher Annual (1998) 2
    Got me there for a sec.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Got me there for a sec.
    I corrected that now.

Amazing Member

I am sick and tired of the Publishers changing the release date for the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Update '89 Omnibus. It is now coming out on October the 4th. So I really don't know what is going on with Marvel. Do You?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    I am sick and tired of the Publishers changing the release date for the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Update '89 Omnibus. It is now coming out on October the 4th. So I really don't know what is going on with Marvel. Do You?
    I assume it is due to the ongoing paper shortage

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

HOUSE OF M OMNIBUS
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, TOM PEYER, MARK WAID, JOHN LAYMAN, GREG PAK, FABIAN NICIEZA, REGINALD HUDLIN, CHRIS CLAREMONT, DANIEL WAY, ED BRUBAKER, PETER DAVID, NUNZIO DEFILIPPIS, CHRISTINA WEIR, TONY BEDARD, DAVID HINE & MORE
    Penciled by OLIVIER COIPEL, SALVADOR LARROCA, SCOT EATON, PAT LEE, ADAM KUBERT & MORE
    Covers by OLIVIER COIPEL & ESAD RIBIC
    The unstable Scarlet Witch has rewritten reality — into a world where Magneto is king! In this “House of M,” mutants are Earth’s dominant species, living glamorous lives and reigning over the oppressed Sapien class. But Wolverine, now a member of Magnus’ peacekeeping force S.H.I.E.L.D., remembers how the world used to be. And his quest to find and awaken his former allies in the Avengers and X-Men sparks a revolution that aims to tear down Wanda’s strange new world! Collecting HOUSE OF M (2005) #1-8, SPIDER-MAN: HOUSE OF M #1-5, FANTASTIC FOUR: HOUSE OF M #1-3, IRON MAN: HOUSE OF M #1-3, NEW THUNDERBOLTS #11, BLACK PANTHER (2005) #7, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #462-465, WOLVERINE (2003) #33-35, CAPTAIN AMERICA (2004) #10, PULSE #10, CABLE & DEADPOOL #17, INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #83-87, NEW X-MEN (2004) #16-19, EXILES (2001) #69-71, MUTOPIA X #1-5, DECIMATION: HOUSE OF M — THE DAY AFTER, GIANT-SIZE MS. MARVEL #1, SECRETS OF THE HOUSE OF M, PULSE: HOUSE OF M SPECIAL, HOUSE OF M #1 DIRECTOR’S CUT, HOUSE OF M SKETCHBOOK and material from HULK: BROKEN WORLDS #1.
    1368 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94822-1
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

CAPTAIN MAR-VELL OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by ROY THOMAS, ARNOLD DRAKE & JIM STARLIN with STAN LEE, MIKE FRIEDRICH,
    GARY FRIEDRICH, ARCHIE GOODWIN, GERRY CONWAY, MARV WOLFMAN & STEVE ENGLEHART
    Penciled by GENE COLAN, DON HECK, GIL KANE & JIM STARLIN with DICK AYERS, FRANK SPRINGER,
    TOM SUTTON, JOHN BUSCEMA & WAYNE BORING
    Covers by GIL KANE & GENE COLAN
    Branded a traitor for defending the people of Earth, the space-born Kree hero Captain Mar-Vell uses his cosmic powers as our planet’s protector. And the good Captain’s legacy is strong: From his early adventures drawn by Gene Colan to his reinvention by Roy Thomas and Gil Kane to his iconic cosmic awakening under Jim Starlin, each story is presented in oversized glory in this massive Omnibus volume. Also featuring the first appearance of Carol Danvers, Rick Jones bonding with Cap by way of the cosmic Nega-Bands, war with the vicious Col. Yon-Rogg, battles with the Black Widow, Captain America and Hulk, and last, but not least, the first appearance of Thanos! Collecting MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #12-13, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1968) #1-33, IRON MAN (1968) #55 and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #9.
    888 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94865-8

FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 - 2nd PRINTING
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, ROGER STERN, MARK GRUENWALD & MORE
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, KERRY GAMMILL, JERRY ORDWAY, MARK BRIGHT, RON WILSON & MORE
    Covers by JOHN BYRNE
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2022
    Superstar John Byrne’s legendary run concludes with one of the most innovative periods in FANTASTIC FOUR history! The sensational She-Hulk replaces the Thing, Sue Richards becomes the Invisible Woman and Mister Fantastic is tried for crimes against the universe! Also featuring the return of Doctor Doom, the fate of Reed and Sue’s unborn child, the resurrection of Jean Grey and more as the FF confront deadly foes including the Mole Man, Doctor Octopus, Terminus, the Beyonder, Mephisto, Psycho-Man and Annihilus! Plus: the unfinished classic “The Last Galactus Story.” Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #261-295 and ANNUAL #18-19, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4, THING (1983) #10 and #19 and AVENGERS ANNUAL #14 — plus material from SECRET WARS II #2, EPIC ILLUSTRATED #26-34, WHAT IF? (1977) #36, WHAT THE—?! #2 and #10, THING (1983) #7, FANTASTIC FOUR ROAST and FANTASTIC FOUR SPECIAL EDITION.
    1224 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94555-8