Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Between his video game appearances and the movies, Flash has to have the record for worst costume adaptations and I'm including bat-niples.
    He has had some great TV costumes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Looks like they reverted Black Manta’s costume to a more Silver Age look. That’s a shame because I liked the redesigned helmet in the first movie.

Are they gonna be leaning more into campy territory in the sequel?
    I actually think the Silver Age helmet works surprisingly well here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s apparently a buddy cop comedy between Arthur and Orm. I’m curious if this matches the first movie’s sales, part of me is growing skeptical.
    I feel like they need a much stronger hook than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    If it were between getting rid of Abrams or Berlanti, I say Berlanti, even though I love Doom Patrol.

Abrams isn't a good director but has a stellar track record in TV and film production. I say let him take his time.

But personally, I'd rather have a singular JLD series than a bunch of spin-offs.
    Yeah but what’s the point of having a good director if we don’t see anything. This JLD from JJ abrams has been teased for 5 years and until now, nothing. I’d say good riddance.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also, the movie apparently went through 45 writers!?
    That was The Crow not Flash. It's in development hell from decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The first movie actually didn’t do that great domestically. It made the vast majority of its box office internationally. We’ll see if the moviegoers in other countries are still enamored with Momoa.
    I'm doubting the sequel will match the gross of the original. Aquaman made about $1.1B globally ($335M domestically) and a huge chunk of that was from China ($292M). In the past few years, China has gotten more restrictive with showing US films, and for the ones that have gotten approved, their box office hasn't been as good, partly due to COVID.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Video from the set:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Video from the set:

The costume looks even better in motion! Jaime apparently having some standard growing pains of a superhero learning how to use their powers.

Hah the scarab looks kinda creepy at full size latched onto Jaime’s back. Which actually works since it’s an robotic alien parasite programmed to turn its host into a war machine for the Reach.

There’s been a few different reasons why the scarab malfunctioned and allowed Jaime to have some control. One of them invoked Peacemaker. Would be pretty cool to see a cameo.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-26-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My only issue with canning Abrams is if we don't get that Zatanna movie (assuming it would've been any good).
    It's Abrams. We very likely dodged a bullet not getting his Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Or you can recast. Seriously, WTF?
    Seconded.

Also speaking of Herd, how do you not notice 'chemistry issues' when you're casting future husband and wife? You would think getting the right actor for Mera would be a top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looking good!

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I thought we were past the era of muscle suits. Are all DC movies just going to be self aware comedies now? Because that's all I'm getting from these suits (except for Blue Beetle which looks great)
    Most full body superhero costumes use muscle suits of some kind. The material often makes it very difficult to actually show real muscle definition. In some cases the muscle padding may be based on the actor’s real physique, but you’re still usually looking at pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Imagine releasing the costumes to the public before you release an official image to the audience. So weird.
    It’s from a licensing expo. The point is to show off stuff to potential promotional partners and merchandisers. Pics inevitably leak their way on to social media, but it’s essentially a jazzed up trade show. It’s not like a comic convention, where the focus is supposed to be on the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Most full body superhero costumes use muscle suits of some kind. The material often makes it very difficult to actually show real muscle definition. In some cases the muscle padding may be based on the actor’s real physique, but you’re still usually looking at pads.
    It's far more subtle most of the time. Not like the suits in those images which are fully embracing the silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It’s from a licensing expo. The point is to show off stuff to potential promotional partners and merchandisers. Pics inevitably leak their way on to social media, but it’s essentially a jazzed up trade show. It’s not like a comic convention, where the focus is supposed to be on the public.
    Not to mention we'd seen The Flash suit in that shot of Ezra used to highlight all the upcoming DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s apparently a buddy cop comedy between Arthur and Orm. I’m curious if this matches the first movie’s sales, part of me is growing skeptical.
    Yikes.

The first movie was a fun action flick, but a buddy cop with Orm seems... strange.

I'll still gonna see it in the theatre but strange choice.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Who thought it was smart to remove the female lead and center the sequel on brotherly love?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Who thought it was smart to remove the female lead and center the sequel on brotherly love?
    Well since they couldn’t agree on replacing her. However we don’t know if another female is or is not appearing, Dolphin may still be in it.

Extraordinary Member