Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So in light of the new webtoon comic, does anyone think more team ups of Beast Boy and Vixen should happen in the main universe?
    Well, if we're connecting all the animal characters together, it could be a fun team-up .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So in light of the new webtoon comic, does anyone think more team ups of Beast Boy and Vixen should happen in the main universe?
    Beast Boy as annoying kid sidekick to Mari would be fun. I think he'd grate on her nerves a bit, even if she likes him because his heart's in the right place. It's one of those "I like you more the less I have to spend time with you" things.

To extrapolate your question further, I think the DCU could use more team-ups in general, like Waid's run on The Brave and the Bold, and Vixen's a good a candidate as any to team up with.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Yes, definitely.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I would like that. I feel like Beast Boy and Vixen would get along well enough. I mean he might annoy her somewhat in the beginning but I think she would come to see the good in him (even if that means putting him in his place a few times).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like that. I feel like Beast Boy and Vixen would get along well enough. I mean he might annoy her somewhat in the beginning but I think she would come to see the good in him (even if that means putting him in his place a few times).
    It feels like a natural team up. One copies the abilities of animals the other transforms into them. They need to team up more.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sasha from Casually Comics talks about the Vixen webtoon.

I think it would be cool if the other elemental totems from the arrow verse were brought to the comics and given to different villains.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I think it would be cool if the other elemental totems from the arrow verse were brought to the comics and given to different villains.
    I'm torn on the other elemental totems. I think if they were introduced in comics it can provide a lot of story potential and some really interesting characters/ideas. On the other hand (and this is admittedly a weak reason) I like the idea of Anansi only making one unique totem rather than an entire set of them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm torn on the other elemental totems. I think if they were introduced in comics it can provide a lot of story potential and some really interesting characters/ideas. On the other hand (and this is admittedly a weak reason) I like the idea of Anansi only making one unique totem rather than an entire set of them.
    Well on one hand, using the totems to create new villains will grant Mari with villains that are purely unique to her. Because as it stand right now I’m thinking of existing villains that would thematically make sense to go up against her that aren’t particularly tied to another DC hero. Some examples being Hellhound or the new 52 version of Lion Mane.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It's possible that other Gods made their own equivalent of a totem or have their own avatars. Why would Anansi be the only the God to have a champion?

Also it looks like it's not just the posters on this forum who have an issue with Vixen being changed from African to African American for the webtoon. I wonder if DC or the author of the webtoon would respond to it?

Too late to change it at this point. Not sure what they would want her to do other than apologize and say this is just an Elseworld take like Red Son Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Well on one hand, using the totems to create new villains will grant Mari with villains that are purely unique to her. Because as it stand right now I’m thinking of existing villains that would thematically make sense to go up against her that aren’t particularly tied to another DC hero. Some examples being Hellhound or the new 52 version of Lion Mane.
    I like the idea of totems related to other African gods, like Shango/Chango (lightning), Asase Ya (earth), Tano or Olakun (water) appeals to me, particularly if it can get into less 'elemental bending' or 'nature magic' areas, such as with Eshu (mind control/enforcing obedience), Eleggua/Legba (teleportation/transport), or Ifa (precognition/sensory powers).

That said, I'm fickle AF, and I'd be equally amused by the idea of Dr. Mist/Nommo having some connection to the tantu totem, having perhaps crafted it 'back in the day' to bind some bit of Anansi's power to the people and the land, because he was being a bit too 'Anansi' with it and needed a dressing down (and for some portion of his great power 'given back' to aid the worldly people he sometimes was a little bit too fond of teasing and 'playing with'...).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-05-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Dr Mist/Nommo has his own thing going on with the flame of life. Though with the recent Truth & Justice story positioning him as Vixen's mentor I always thought it would be cool if we got to see a story of him meeting Anansi in the ancient past or the African city of Kor he used to rule in ancient times that would later become Zambesi.

Anyone think Dewanda Wise could make for a good live action Vixen?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Anyone think Dewanda Wise could make for a good live action Vixen?
    I think she's got the look down .