Page 365 of 902 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465865 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Question at AEW it seemed like Cody had reclaimed a lot of match and PPV names that were credited to Dusty back for AEW to use. Now that Cody is back with WWE does AEW lose access to all those WCW PPV and match names?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Question at AEW it seemed like Cody had reclaimed a lot of match and PPV names that were credited to Dusty back for AEW to use. Now that Cody is back with WWE does AEW lose access to all those WCW PPV and match names?
    I would assume Cody will allow them to use them if Tony cuts him a check

Here is the card for the frist WES show

Alistair Overeem vs. Moose for the World Championship

Lina Fanene (Nia Jax) vs. CJ Perry (Lana) for the Women's World Championship

The Legion of Pain (AOP) vs. BT Gunn & Kez Evans for the World Tag Team Championships

Steph de Lander (Persia Pirotta) & Anastasia vs. She Wolves for the Women's Tag Team Championships

Samuray del Sol (Kalisto) vs. Lince Dorado

Dean Muhtadi (Mojo Rawley) vs. Damo Mackle (Killian Dain)

Pre-Show: Eric Young vs. Zac Zodiac
    Pre-Show: Levis Valenzuela Jr. (No Way Jose) vs. Jody Fliesh

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

BigLbo, now and then, I've been thinking about a past remark you made about how you feel NJPW has become too Americanized. And ever since you said that, I've noticed that you're right. And it's more than just the existence of Western style heels like the Bullet Club, but all sorts of things large and small. It's sad.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm going to skip Forbidden Door. The card for the PPV is ass. Not a single match on it I care to see. Why are their two championship fatal 4 ways? That's one too many. Roppongi Vice has no business in the winner take all tag title match. They should have challenge the winners

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    BigLbo, now and then, I've been thinking about a past remark you made about how you feel NJPW has become too Americanized. And ever since you said that, I've noticed that you're right. And it's more than just the existence of Western style heels like the Bullet Club, but all sorts of things large and small. It's sad.
    eh, once in a while i say something that makes sense. i'm glad ajpw & noah are still around, i just wish more people were exposed to it. it's a shame kento miyahara is basically unknown to the us audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm going to skip Forbidden Door. The card for the PPV is ass. Not a single match on it I care to see. Why are their two championship fatal 4 ways? That's one too many. Roppongi Vice has no business in the winner take all tag title match. They should have challenge the winners
    Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the interim AEW World championship

Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy for the IWGP United States title
    are enough for me to watch.

Jay White (c) vs. Hangman Page vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. Adam Cole for the IWGP World Heavyweight title
    Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm for the AEW Women’s championship
    PAC vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the AEW All-Atlantic championship
    all sound good to me and i'm interested to see
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs. the newest member of Blackpool Combat Club
    might not be the "dream card" some fantasy booked but still looks like a pretty damn solid night of wrestling to me.

Astonishing Member

There is something missing to this current US version of NJPW. It is the production I guess. I was first really exposed on NJPW during the rise of Okada, when Tanahashi was the man and Okada was coming for the throne Nakamura was awesome and Naito hadn't found his voice yet. The US broadcasts/announcers gave the show an american feel to it. I became a fan. Now the last two iterations of English broadcasts of NJPW just don't seem the same the commentary is bland and you don't get the backstage translated interviews which give you more of a feel as to who the wrestlers are. NJPW is trying to make a big US push but I do believe if they want it to work they need to do a better job of introducing the characters to the US audience. I know the coolness of Naito and LIJ, the aerial wizardry of Osprey and the joint manipulation mastery of ZSJ but I don't think new viewers will be drawn in with the broadcasts produced as they are. I know getting someone to dub the interviews or subtitle them is a pain but necessary for their wrestlers to connect. I used to look forward to watching the NJPW show but now I only scan for favorite performers matches because I know I won't be introduced to anything characterwise about anyone new.

On Instagram Rhea replied to a fan that she has a teeth/brain injury. It's safe to say she's out with a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    are enough for me to watch.

all sound good to me and i'm interested to see

might not be the "dream card" some fantasy booked but still looks like a pretty damn solid night of wrestling to me.
    After the last few WWE ppv how anyone has anything bad to say about Forbidden Door is beyond me its not perfect but seems like a good time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    On Instagram Rhea replied to a fan that she has a teeth/brain injury. It's safe to say she's out with a concussion.
    So is this why Judgement day hasn't been on Raw since turning on Egde?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So is this why Judgement day hasn't been on Raw since turning on Egde?
    So that's been, what, one episode of RAW?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    After the last few WWE ppv how anyone has anything bad to say about Forbidden Door is beyond me its not perfect but seems like a good time to me.
    i try not compare the 2.
    i've noticed though that with wwe ppv because the tv & build is mostly **** and they give the same matches over and over xpectations for the ppv are very low, but then because they still have a roster of great talent when the actual wrestling at the show is good people are pleasantly surprised.

idk, maybe we've become spoiled but i'm with you. though i'd prefer more singles and straight up tag matches i can't imagine looking at the card and thinking "boy this looks like ****". if the show was in my area i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So that's been, what, one episode of RAW?
    it is kind of odd to debut one week and be missing the next. the faction itself supports the theory wwe just can't get out of their own way and have nice things.

Silas Young in AEW finally a real man In AEW!