Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kara did start out as Clark's secret weapon, but once her existence was revealed to the world, she quickly struck out on her own. So she was a sidekick, but not for very long (which is probably also why she wasn't on the original Teen Titans, which was only sidekicks - or at least meant to be, since Donna's creation was accidental and Wonder Girl was a teen version of Diana, like Superboy, before then). And Clark never had one again until Jon became Superboy.
    The whole secret weapon bit was more like: "hey, you're here, but I'm still doing my own thing". Not really her being a side-kick. I mean, even in Action Comics, she had her own stories.(which I highly recommend, they are short, but fun) Kara was created to appeal to the girls. So, yeah. Kara has never been a side-kick. The best way to explain Kara is (paraphrase) a Reddit comment: she's Superman's She-Hulk. Apart of his setting, she has always done her own thing in terms of stories.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 07-02-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    The whole secret weapon bit was more like: "hey, you're here, but I'm still doing my own thing". Not really her being a side-kick. I mean, even in Action Comics, she had her own stories.(which I highly recommend, they are short, but fun) Kara was created to appeal to the girls. So, yeah. Kara has never been a side-kick. The best way to explain Kara is (paraphrase) a Reddit comment: she's Superman's She-Hulk. Apart of his setting, but has always done her own thing in terms of stories.
    There have been stories where she's come off that way in my opinion.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Colleen Doran.

SupergirlKryptoDoran.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black and White

https://twitter.com/mikemaihack/stat...99063747252225

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    DC needs to get him to draw a Supergirl book, he clearly loves her given all the fan art he makes
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC needs to get him to draw a Supergirl book, he clearly loves her given all the fan art he makes
    They should have him do a kids GN for DC. His Cleopatra in Space books were great .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There have been stories where she's come off that way in my opinion.
    As a side-kick? Well, some fans/writers want her to be Superman's Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    As a side-kick? Well, some fans/writers want her to be Superman's Robin.
    Do they? Most Superman writers prefer keeping the rest of the Superfamily as far apart as possible. It’s rare you see Clark and the others interact.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That needs to change. Maybe they should have Action Comics become a Super family book (especially if Kara and Conner don't have ongoing solos, they need a home), while Superman would be the solo book? Jon's book has a subtitle, so there's nothing stopping Son of Kal-El continuing even after a Clark Kent Superman book relaunches.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I miss Bengal's Supergirl covers...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Bengal's Supergirl covers...
    He’s my favorite Supergirl artist, he just nails her the way Quietly does Superman. I hope we get him drawing a proper Supergirl story one day.

Well Kara is set up to be the new “symbol of hope” with Kal turned and Kon dead. Wonder if Lois is still alive and does Jon exist in this universe?

Well Kara is set up to be the new “symbol of hope” with Kal turned and Kon dead. Wonder if Lois is still alive and does Jon exist in this universe?

Jeez, she looks so haggard...

Like the costume though!

Do they? Most Superman writers prefer keeping the rest of the Superfamily as far apart as possible. It’s rare you see Clark and the others interact.
    Historically speaking, hasn't this always been the case? But, I'm just looking at the current trend of legacy characters. Especially Dark Crisis. There are people who want Kara as Superman's Robin.