Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

I would like to make the point that Inhumans have been around since, X-men, really.

They may have started out as interesting, characters, but eventually grew. Within less than 10 years they had their own book/title.

Carol Danvers starts in the original Captain Marvel series, which ENDS

and then a few years later becomes Ms. Marvel, eventually becoming Binary, Warbird and Captain Marvel.

If she can do that, than Inhumans can also be more realized and utiilzed.

Ned Leeds. Was he conceived to be Hobgoblin? Nope.

Not all characters are meant to be something else,

but in the Marvel Universe that is the way it rolls.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would like to make the point that Inhumans have been around since, X-men, really.

They may have started out as interesting, characters, but eventually grew. Within less than 10 years they had their own book/title.

Carol Danvers starts in the original Captain Marvel series, which ENDS

and then a few years later becomes Ms. Marvel, eventually becoming Binary, Warbird and Captain Marvel.

If she can do that, than Inhumans can also be more realized and utiilzed.

Ned Leeds. Was he conceived to be Hobgoblin? Nope.

Not all characters are meant to be something else,

but in the Marvel Universe that is the way it rolls.
    I think Marvel, and comics in general, try a lot of things and some characters become big and they stay stuck in the era in which they became big. The Inhumans never reached Spider-Man levels, so they had more risks taken and changed a lot often.

I think since they weren't huge, people just put them in a box that is old and from the past because they have a hard time seeing characters evolve, which is what the inhumans have done since their appearance.

They aren't moon people from space with slaves, but people just made a hodge podge of things they saw online and cemented it to them. And this image was created to attack them instead of welcome their changes and it all stems from ignorant people with online platforms.

Can't really argue that.
    But I think the movie versions of all this may end up equalizing the relative differences. For the general audience they may see as tribes or just different (mutants, inhumans, eternals, all-other- Hulk, Spidey, etc)

Less is more, they say or used to. This actually supports your idea of ignorance, too, because it is not as limited or benign as "the general audience".
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Can't really argue that.
    But I think the movie versions of all this may end up equalizing the relative differences. For the general audience they may see as tribes or just different (mutants, inhumans, eternals, all-other- Hulk, Spidey, etc)

Less is more, they say or used to. This actually supports your idea of ignorance, too, because it is not as limited or benign as "the general audience".
    I think Agents of Shield did a good job at showing the nuances for "the general audience." There were many times that they did a better job than the post-Inhumanity comics. The Eternals movie changed them from 100 selected proto-humans to androids. I thought it was terrible, and the new interpretation of the deviants was also a let down. It was like Disney just used a false interpretation of them and used the Earth X storyline. I can't imagine what they're planning for the Atlanteans.

Even if we won't get a movie, I'm glad Agents of Shield had so much inhuman stories. I don't know if a Disney Plus show or a movie can replicate the hours of storytelling. The only thing it could do is make more costly battles. Beyond the movie, the comics have given inhumans enough stories for us to see them as a species, like we see humans as a species, and how the history of that species shaped their tribes.

Did any named characters aside from Maximus die in Death of the Inhumans? I remember it said everyone in Arctilan was killed, but I can't remember if those were just nameless background characters or anyone of note. Plus, the whole, "Not actually killed, rather teleported and turned into murder-machines" thing muddies the waters even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Did any named characters aside from Maximus die in Death of the Inhumans? I remember it said everyone in Arctilan was killed, but I can't remember if those were just nameless background characters or anyone of note. Plus, the whole, "Not actually killed, rather teleported and turned into murder-machines" thing muddies the waters even more.
    Flagman was killed in the first chapter, as was Black Bolt's other wives, and Triton was the only identifiable person that died when BB yelled at the room. Though assuming all the named Inhumans we saw in the stasis tanks also got Voxed and put in the room between chapter 4 and 5. You can add Naja, and Sterilon.

Astonishing Member

Triton, we see his face when Black Bolt killed a bunch of them.

I guess it could be worse. The Inhumans were really done dirty when Marvel ended their push. If they wanted to take them off the board for a while, they could've just had them leave to live with the Universal Inhumans or something, not just smash everything and call it a day.

I guess it could be worse. The Inhumans were really done dirty when Marvel ended their push. If they wanted to take them off the board for a while, they could've just had them leave to live with the Universal Inhumans or something, not just smash everything and call it a day.
    If Fox never got bought would Inhumans be pushed even more?

They really didn't need to do anything. New Attilan is still in the Hudson but through the magic of never bringing it up it has not appeared or been shown in any comics I have seen recently. Not even as a tower in the background. Plus it's not like DOTI ended with closure or any indication of what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    They really didn't need to do anything. New Attilan is still in the Hudson but through the magic of never bringing it up it has not appeared or been shown in any comics I have seen recently. Not even as a tower in the background. Plus it's not like DOTI ended with closure or any indication of what they are doing.
    ...I honestly thought New Attilan had been destroyed. I haven't seen it in years, so I just assumed it was taken out in some issue I missed somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Hmmmm The inhumans show came out before the merger? I honestly think that killed the brand more than anything
    ...I honestly thought New Attilan had been destroyed. I haven't seen it in years, so I just assumed it was taken out in some issue I missed somewhere.
    yeah same here
    GrindrStone(D)

Nope, completely untouched, just never brought up. I wouldn't be surprised if writers have come to think that all the Inhumans went to Articlan and Attilan just disappeared. That wasn't the case during Death of the Inhumans as New attilan is referenced in it. However what little mention of the inhumans we have gotten since then acts like the entire race went into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It's a stupid question to ask in the appreciation thread. What are we appreciating with this question? Ask it in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's a stupid question to ask in the appreciation thread. What are we appreciating with this question? Ask it in another thread.
    Damn DUde what a rude and angry response....You could 'appreciate' the push Marvel did do for the inhumans, and its fun to speculate on what might have been....Jeeez it's not like every post in here has been a step to further inhuman appreciation. If you dont like a post how hard is it to ignore it? Im sure the mods can handle potential off topic or thread derailments
    GrindrStone(D)