Page 110 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1877

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Reading the most recent issue of Scorched, it hit me, all the writers have been referring to medieval Spawn just as Medieval. I’d thought by now that he would correct them and tell Al or Jessica, that his name is John of York.

Just something I noticed in the latest issue that hit me.

As per your point about Jessica, part of me thinks (or accepts this reasoning since Spawn has so many story contradictions) that when Al recreated the world post Armageddon, the works got retconned as well. Sone of hid past and other characters past, as such. Such as Chapel being totally removed from existence, any association with Youngblood, and Priests backstory altered.

Priests backstory from Curse of the Spawn never sat well with me, so I’m glad it got altered.

Also, that makes me think of something else; I wonder if we’ll ever see Daniel Spawn, from the Curse of the Spawn future, pulled here to the current timeline like other Spawns were. I’d much rather read about him than Gunslinger…
    Cuz of real life writers the plot liefled too the rights along with man of miracles being retconned to just Gaia now so spawn is now his own universe and it is for the best. Like watch they retconned morana’s backstory now since spawn resurrection retconned al being a wife beater as a fake memory
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-27-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Cuz of real life writers the plot liefled too the rights along with man of miracles being retconned to just Gaia now so spawn is now his own universe and it is for the best. Like watch they retconned morana’s backstory now since spawn resurrection retconned al being a wife beater as a fake memory
    I know all of that. I’ve reflected that in previous comments and posts that I’ve made.

Mighty Member

I know all of that. I’ve reflected that in previous comments and posts that I’ve made.
    I see guess I didn’t notice like Daniel laslino would be cool showing up in the current comics and upcoming 12 more titles as a member of scorched

Mighty Member

Enjoyed the SoulCrusher storyline.

Mighty Member

king Spawn 16 is out now

Fantastic Member

Reading the most recent issue of Scorched, it hit me, all the writers have been referring to medieval Spawn just as Medieval. I’d thought by now that he would correct them and tell Al or Jessica, that his name is John of York.

Just something I noticed in the latest issue that hit me.

As per your point about Jessica, part of me thinks (or accepts this reasoning since Spawn has so many story contradictions) that when Al recreated the world post Armageddon, the works got retconned as well. Sone of hid past and other characters past, as such. Such as Chapel being totally removed from existence, any association with Youngblood, and Priests backstory altered.

Priests backstory from Curse of the Spawn never sat well with me, so I’m glad it got altered.

Also, that makes me think of something else; I wonder if we’ll ever see Daniel Spawn, from the Curse of the Spawn future, pulled here to the current timeline like other Spawns were. I’d much rather read about him than Gunslinger…
    I actually can buy that thought process regarding the change in Jessica's story having changed due to Al recreating the world. It is plausible and the event itself is something allows to keep what is and change what needs to happen. Her backstory in Curse of the Spawn is certainly a byproduct of both the movie and the time period but would have been nice to keep some of that darkness of the character and not have her character basically reduced to mom/worrying about people finding out about her daughter. Good point on Medieval as Downing is the only one, at least on panel, that we know knows Medieval's real name which is interesting.

Daniel Spawn would have been a cool reveal as the Spawn that has taken over the future that Redeemer came from and Clown visited instead of noting Al is the one that is king in the future. Sure they can always say that is a future that can be changed, but I have always liked Daniel's design. For me, I hope they bring back Raenius who was a Hellspawn during the Greek Gods era. His design is crazy and you can do a major arc on him given his background and the current state of affairs with the Dead Zones/Heaven/Hell. I am just a fan of the Greek gods in general so it'd be interesting of some characters from that time period get pulled into the current timeline.

For all you figureheads out there, the newest wave of figures is out which includes Omega Spawn, Plague Spawn, Nightmare Spawn, Sam & Twitch, and King Spider.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    I actually can buy that thought process regarding the change in Jessica's story having changed due to Al recreating the world. It is plausible and the event itself is something allows to keep what is and change what needs to happen. Her backstory in Curse of the Spawn is certainly a byproduct of both the movie and the time period but would have been nice to keep some of that darkness of the character and not have her character basically reduced to mom/worrying about people finding out about her daughter. Good point on Medieval as Downing is the only one, at least on panel, that we know knows Medieval's real name which is interesting.

Daniel Spawn would have been a cool reveal as the Spawn that has taken over the future that Redeemer came from and Clown visited instead of noting Al is the one that is king in the future. Sure they can always say that is a future that can be changed, but I have always liked Daniel's design. For me, I hope they bring back Raenius who was a Hellspawn during the Greek Gods era. His design is crazy and you can do a major arc on him given his background and the current state of affairs with the Dead Zones/Heaven/Hell. I am just a fan of the Greek gods in general so it'd be interesting of some characters from that time period get pulled into the current timeline.

For all you figureheads out there, the newest wave of figures is out which includes Omega Spawn, Plague Spawn, Nightmare Spawn, Sam & Twitch, and King Spider.
    Yep already know this I already wanted Danial and ramilue to show up along with Ken Kurosawa,suture,jade,Lily,dark ages spawn,alien spawn,mutant spawn,nerco cop,and godslayer spawn too

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    It’d be cool to see a lot of those other Spawns that were introduced in Curse of the Spawn return.

Mighty Member

Also dc is releasing variant covers featuring spawn to hype up the spawn and Batman crossover coming out

Mighty Member

Spawn 335 is out Dakota from Gunsligner shows up and forsaken returns and he is abel cog’s brother

Incredible Member

After re-reading the Batman/Spawn collection today, and looking over the solicits for the crossover in December; I can’t help but wonder, if the Batman/Spawn story is a continuation of the continuity that was in Batman/Spawn: War Devil… or a brand new one-shot ignoring both the original DC and Image Crossovers, ��

If it’s a continuation of just Batman/Spawn, then it would be cool if later on they do a follow up of the Spawn/Batman Frank Millar continuity one-shot.

Honestly, after seeing all those DC variant covers, I want to see a Spawn/Wonder Woman crossover. I get crazy Spaen and Angela vibes from that potential.

Incredible Member

GunSlinger felt drawn out again. I get it; it’s being drug out to fill a trade. Here is hoping that after Gunslinger locates the 10 people he’s looking for, and has his revenge either the GunSlinger book either catches up with where Spawn is at with its story, or just come to an end. I just don’t see to much longevity with an ongoing Gunslinger, but maybe it’ll surprise me.

Mighty Member

GunSlinger felt drawn out again. I get it; it’s being drug out to fill a trade. Here is hoping that after Gunslinger locates the 10 people he’s looking for, and has his revenge either the GunSlinger book either catches up with where Spawn is at with its story, or just come to an end. I just don’t see to much longevity with an ongoing Gunslinger, but maybe it’ll surprise me.
    Sales are doing well dude so yeah along with scorched and king spawn as well as the main series people will still read it regardless

Mighty Member

After re-reading the Batman/Spawn collection today, and looking over the solicits for the crossover in December; I can’t help but wonder, if the Batman/Spawn story is a continuation of the continuity that was in Batman/Spawn: War Devil… or a brand new one-shot ignoring both the original DC and Image Crossovers, ��

If it’s a continuation of just Batman/Spawn, then it would be cool if later on they do a follow up of the Spawn/Batman Frank Millar continuity one-shot.

Honestly, after seeing all those DC variant covers, I want to see a Spawn/Wonder Woman crossover. I get crazy Spaen and Angela vibes from that potential.
    It is a new thing

Mighty Member

Scorched 12 is out now