Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Do you guys think the Twins will go by Superboy and Supergirl? Makes more sense for them, to be honest.
    Kara can be Superwoman, pretty easily, they just need to find a name for Conner.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe the press calls them the Super Twins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, maybe. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing how they handle this.
    The Super Twins is a pretty cool name imo,but I sure wouldn't be against Kara and kon being pushed to another set of names because of this,what a great excuse "in universe "
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I prefer Super Twins.

I think if Kara and Conner were going to be moved away from their identities they would've done it by now. Especially with the current DC Initiative, it's just not something I see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    The Super Twins is a pretty cool name imo,but I sure wouldn't be against Kara and kon being pushed to another set of names because of this,what a great excuse "in universe "
    Those names are suited for younger characters. For example, Wally wouldn't wanna be called Kid Flash when he's in his 30s. So them picking a new name like Dick does with Nightwing makes sense.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2022 at 09:30 AM.

https://twitter.com/isimmons_art/sta...kQ5DIKoEG8Zf5Q

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Those names are suited for younger characters. For example, Wally wouldn't wanna be called Kid Flash when he's in his 30s. So them picking a new name like Dick does with Nightwing makes sense.
    My thoughts exactly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I like Supernova and/or Scion. Sentinel would be my pick for Natasha Irons instead.
    If I had to pick one, it would be Supernova, because Scion may actually fit Jon better now.i

Supernova and Scion are names I see attributed to Jon. Especially Supernova after his upcoming power change. Sentinel could have worked as a way to honor Guardian but I wish we saw more of him.

Wait.. Scion... isn't that the name they would have used for Superman's son with Lashina in DCAU?

Scion is the name for the Smallville episode thst introduced Conner.

Red Sun is what lex used to stop and blackout Conner on the YJ show

The other 3 are just fan names.

I had a huge list on last year's appreciation page,some of those names were pretty good
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

My ideal pitch is Conner taking the name "Sentinel" and becoming the sheriff of Cadmus town. A reservation where the cadmus creations live their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Supernova and/or Scion. Sentinel would be my pick for Natasha Irons instead.
    If I had to pick one, it would be Supernova, because Scion may actually fit Jon better now.i
    I always go for Sentinel when it comes to superhero names for Conner but I would not mind if it went to Natasha Irons, it suits her as well.

Superboy_and_the_Ravers_15.jpg tana_moon_new_earth.jpg
    Off topic but what do you guys think of bring back the Ravers (I do not know that much about them but they used to be former associates) and Tina Moon as his supporting cast and placing him in Hawaii or any location in the DCU if we have a workshop in rebuilding Connor?
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-25-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always go for Sentinel when it comes to superhero names for Conner but I would not mind if it went to Natasha Irons, it suits her as well.

Off topic but what do you guys think of bring back the Ravers (I do not know that much about them but they used to be former associates) and Tina Moon as his supporting cast and placing him in Hawaii or any location in the DCU if we have a workshop in rebuilding Connor?
    I'm fine with the ravers and using Hawaii again. I'd have Tana be an ex Connor is friendly with.

The Ravers were an odd bunch I liked Hero Cruz coming out story, Half-Life had a cool design and Aura bitchiness could at times be entertaining but most were pretty forgettable personality wise (the most notable thing about Sparx was her homophobia) and the team and the book itself never came really together the way Conner and his time on Young Justice did, I guess you can update and reinvent anything I suppose but I can't see anyone referencing them today outside of joke of how "90's" the idea of superpowered group of intergalactic partygoers calling themselves Ravers was or reworked to make a commentary on modern day influencer culture, instead of a rave it's dimension hoping hype house full of TikTok personality-types.

Of his Hawaii cast I'd love to see Roxy and Dubbilex again, for the longest time they were the closest thing he had to family and it's sad Conner time with them has been forgotten and ignored and lost to time and while I wouldn't mind a visit back to Hawaii even the original series made a point of how Conner as a white guy declaring himself the hero a place he was neither born in or had any cultural ties to was pretty ignorant on his part and by the end most of the locals were glad to be rid of him due his early recklessness.

As for Tana I wonder if she's even alive in this current timeline? Personally didn't care much for her much as a character (was largely just a watered-down Lois Lane) and her and Conner never really felt like they had any actual chemistry, most of their relationship was her being frustrated by Conner immaturity or his constant flirting with other girls, though if they did bring her back it could be interesting to explore the age-gap under a modern lens as it's always the elephant in the room when anyone brings her up nowadays. I wouldn't want them to demonise her as I don't feel she was actively predatory and had actual positive influence on Conner but at the same time examine that being in a relationship with teenager as an adult was still inappropriate and exploitative, I mean she initially got involved with Conner to help boost her career.

The Ravers would be perfect for his space faring adventures. I'd at least include them as cameos in Porter's mini. I'm fine with Tana returning but with a slight retcon to her age. Make Her just a few years older than Kon. Bring in Makoa, Hillary, and Robert while we're at it. Maybe they don't remember him so he tries to discover ways to jumpstart their memories. Show how they've moved on without him. Plenty of material to mine.

I liked the Tana moon character, and thought she was pretty good ... although having her as a girlfriend felt weird. since she's presumably considerably older than Conner.

The point is kon has had a huge supporting cast to work with,and isn't a character thst has to start at zero to move forward,he is insanely established in many different parts of the DCU,so it's criminal thst DC doesn't use him more and let him branch out in more directions than with his 3 YJ friends and his Super family both places where he doesn't really get to shine much imo