Page 579 of 775 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 11615

It makes sense given what Ego was doing, though it had never crossed my mind. But now it seems like one of those blindingly obvious things, yknow?

But much more importantly, did anyone else hear that "I don't know what christmas is but christmas time is here" song from the holiday special? Been stuck in my head since last night.

Also, happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    It did come up (and surprised me a bit actually but it does make sense) in the MARVEL LEGENDS snippet that dropped on Disney Plus yesterday) as to whether it's canon, I guess we will have to see if it's acknowledged in the GOTG HOLIDAY SPECIAL (tomorrow) or GOTG VOL 3 but it seems unlikely it would be mentioned if it wasn't going to have some role....
    I mean, they cut a scene with Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams and we know that's not canon now, so it could be the same here.

Just feels like a weird thing to just possibly bring up/mention now compared to the past movies.

But a lot of Gunns' use of Mantis has felt half-baked to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It makes sense given what Ego was doing, though it had never crossed my mind. But now it seems like one of those blindingly obvious things, yknow?

But much more importantly, did anyone else hear that "I don't know what christmas is but christmas time is here" song from the holiday special? Been stuck in my head since last night.

Also, happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!
    Yeah, it does explain a lot about why she was with Ego, yet at the same time doesn't really make sense not to mention.

Happy Thanksgiving .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With Hemsworth not sure if he wants to continue I think it would be a good time to switch it up and go in a new direction.... and that direction should be Thunderstrike. Have Thor go home and rebuild Asgard proper and since he will have to many responsibilities he hands off the job as Earth's protector. He goes to the dwarves and has them make a new weapon .... the Thunderstrike Mace. He then pulls an Odin and enchants it to find someone worthy and casts it off to Earth where it finds Eric Masterson. This leaves the door open for Hemsworth to return if he wants while also giving Marvel an uber powerful character to fill Thor's role. (and yeah maybe tone down some of the 90s ness of the look by losing the ponytail and earring and such)

I wonder if this is where Hercules comes in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With Hemsworth not sure if he wants to continue I think it would be a good time to switch it up and go in a new direction.... and that direction should be Thunderstrike. Have Thor go home and rebuild Asgard proper and since he will have to many responsibilities he hands off the job as Earth's protector. He goes to the dwarves and has them make a new weapon .... the Thunderstrike Mace. He then pulls an Odin and enchants it to find someone worthy and casts it off to Earth where it finds Eric Masterson. This leaves the door open for Hemsworth to return if he wants while also giving Marvel an uber powerful character to fill Thor's role. (and yeah maybe tone down some of the 90s ness of the look by losing the ponytail and earring and such)

Plus opens the door for Kevin to replace down the line.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

The GotG Christmas special was so much fun!

Rocket getting Bucky's robotic arm as a present?!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Is this below really the true end of phase 4 or the true beginning of 5?

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special 91%
    7.90 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 90%
    4.3 out of 5 average rating

I think this is phase 5.

Extraordinary Member

I did look it up again to make sure.
    The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special is phase 4.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Gets Disney+ Release Date, Festive Trailer With a Side of Bacon

As Marvel detailed this summer at the San Diego Comic-Con, Phase 4 of the MCU ends with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (in theaters Nov. 11), after which Phase 5 begins with Ant-Man 3 (out Feb. 17, 2023). Regarding the Marvel Studios Special Presentation’s premiere date relative to those delineated MCU phases, Gunn previously confirmed on Twitter, “the Guardians Holiday Special is the epilogue of Phase 4.”
    https://tvline.com/2022/10/25/the-gu...-date-trailer/

Marvel Studios has released its latest MCU project on Disney+, The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, but where does it land in the grand MCU timeline?
    To close out the MCU’s wild Phase 4 story, Marvel has pulled back the curtain on its second-ever Special Presentation, following up on the efforts of October’s Werewolf by Night. This time, the galaxy’s most famous band of misfits is front and center as they star in a Christmas-themed adventure filled with laughs, heart, and love.
    https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-ti...oliday-special

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    The GotG Christmas special was so much fun!

Rocket getting Bucky's robotic arm as a present?!
    His old one at least. He got a new one in Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    His old one at least. He got a new one in Falcon and The Winter Soldier
    It's the one Rocket wanted in Infinity War.

spoilers:
    So Mantis has her martial arts skills. Finally.

Was probably the only comic-accurate thing about her in the special.
    end of spoilers

I'm a bit shocked that I am saying this but I absolutely loved the GOTG Holiday Special. It made the most of its runtime and made me develop a real fondness for MCU Mantis.

Mighty Member

What exactly are the rights issues with Universal/Marvel over Namor? I'm guessing we're due for just using him as a side character from now on like Hulk? I'm a little surprised at this, cause my understanding would be rights would revert back after not making a movie after X amount of years

Cosmo sounding like a cute girl will never not sound off to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cosmo sounding like a cute girl will never not sound off to me.
    Agree...I always assumed russian but male accent.