Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Read a new manga series called After God last night.

Pretty fun and spooky supernatural horror. For a hot second it seems like it might be a battle manga but then hard pivots away from that to more horror and psychodrama. Really good art, really fun creature design for the "gods" that feature in it.

Would recommend, though it is a bit wordy in places.

Gachiakuta: Amo, you nearly had me feeling a semblance of pity for you in the previous chapter, because I thought of you as an insane but perhaps not an entirely malevolent person. But naw, you know precisely what you're doing and what you're about. So,spoilers:
    Zanna and Engin outmaneuvering your ass by taking advantage of Remlin's charm, while you got caught up in your sadism, left me feeling smug and satisfied.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

More problems with samples and analysis. More stuff that scientists should have clarified beforehand, which they will need to do now.

The saga continues!

I mean, this could have been the running joke on a two-part episode for a 'Scientific Lab' Sitcom, it's dragging out so long.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Mario movie looks genuinely quite good with this new trailer, a ton of fan service and ****.

But Crisp Rat, his voice... It's like he's not even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The Mario movie looks genuinely quite good with this new trailer, a ton of fan service and ****.

But Crisp Rat, his voice... It's like he's not even trying.
    He's sounds nominally more authentic in some places, which is an improvement over the first trailer, but he could do better. I think he'll serve as an adequate Mario when the movie debuts.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He's sounds nominally more authentic in some places, which is an improvement over the first trailer, but he could do better. I think he'll serve as an adequate Mario when the movie debuts.
    My issue is that Charlie Day is killing it, Jack Black is killing it, Keegan Michael Key is killing it and I suspect Seth Rogen is gonna kill it.

He is such a weak fucking link in the cast and he also happens to be the main character. It's embarrassing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I do hope that's the case. He's been getting a lot of flak online, like even before we saw any trailers, just for getting cast as Mario, and quite a bit of it always seemed too harsh to me. But we're two trailers in now and it's kinda noticeable that Mario hasn't gotten any longer lines yet. Bowser, Peach and Luigi have said quite a lot and they sound fine.

I'm just concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My issue is that Charlie Day is killing it, Jack Black is killing it, Keegan Michael Key is killing it and I suspect Seth Rogen is gonna kill it.

He is such a weak fucking link in the cast and he also happens to be the main character. It's embarrassing.
    I'm still so damn impressed by Jack Black's Bowser. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be rooting for him simply because he sounds so gosh darn cool.

The trailer largely gets the aesthetics right, except for one important place.

Princess Peach with the motocross outfit and a halberd? What is this, Hyrule Warriors, C'mon.

...or better yet:

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Well, as of yesterday I am officially 50lbs (22.68) kg down from where I was at the beginning of August. From 304 (heaviest I have ever been) to 254.

Man, the effect on my sleeping, knees, and back is……a lot, to be honest. So much better than it was.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Well, as of yesterday I am officially 50lbs (22.68) kg down from where I was at the beginning of August. From 304 (heaviest I have ever been) to 254.

Man, the effect on my sleeping, knees, and back is……a lot, to be honest. So much better than it was.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better! ^_^ That's great!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

On the one hand I'm rolling my eyes at yet another unecessary revival.

On the other hand... I'm always down for more Red Forman.

The nineties?

Like...the nineties kind of a transition period. What the heck will they do with it? <-- maybe this is just me being old? And the nineties not looking like a lot from where I was standing?

Also, maybe it's just me, but unlike the 80's, EVERYWHERE I've seen it written? The nineties. Not 'the 90's'.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...or better yet:

Adventure Comics Peach was a rad!

Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-30-2022 at 05:57 AM.

So, the unelected Premier of Alberta has decided to go full-on fascist, creating a sovreignity law that will allow her to bypass the legislature and just ignore and amend any provincial or federal laws she decides are "harmful to Alberta's interests".

I'm sure she - a noted spreader of conspiracy theories, misinformation, racism, and other such things - will be extremely responsible with its use.

-_-
    Why are we here?