Page 183 of 544 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    The funny thing is that when jlaw revealed that she no longer wanted to play Mystique, they killed her immediately. I could really complain all day about how bad foxmen are, and not just because of the Storm. But now that Disney has acquired FOX, I do hope they can at least do better than FOX. (But seeing how the MCU has made the Avengers all about Ironman, I'm ready to see Wolverine everywhere again)
    That's the thing though, ironman being the main charachter is simply because he started the whole thing. If his movie flopped the Mcu as we know it would never had happened. And as to the avengers yes it's the ironman show but thor, captain america and wanda were given their due. Hawkeye and black widow were all given their shot not as well but still they were given a shot. Each had a trilogy to let us know who thy really are. Same for most of the members and other charachters. Even dr strange is now a household name before 2016 had you ask the random individual who he is they will look at you funny. Wanda controversial casting aside due to getting the chance to shine as she should in the mcu has proven to have the potential to be just as big as thor and the like. Captain marvel as much as they hate her is the most popular female superhero in the world along with wonder woman. Guardians of the galaxy is a household name. And so on and so forth all because they were given a chance.

Like the mcu gave relatively obscure characters the chance to shine. And proves that a charachter isnt inherently popular they simply need good stories and exposure and they will be big. And with the xmen they have a gold mine literally! Hence why I say they should cool it with the wolverine stuff and start focusing on all the other xmen because them focusing on just one charachter, pushing all the good stories and exposure to just him is a very foolish business move. Like planting seeds in an entire field of corn and just watering just one and expecting a full barn harvest.and taste wont happen. Even dcu knows to diversify their portfolio and they have the most iconic trio in comics. I speak on storm because I know her best, but the other xmen also have such gargantuan potential it's crazy that their entire world is wolverine wolverine. Like you want an assassins creed type franchise gambit is your guy. The thieves guild and all that. You want sherlock Holmes well we have irene and mystique there. You want a midevial crusade epic bennet du paris and En sabah nur are looking at you. And sooo much more.

Anyways the main test for disney is the upcoming animated series. We will see how well they translate xmen to screen.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 02-05-2023 at 07:55 AM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    That's the thing though, ironman being the main charachter is simply because he started the whole thing. If his movie flopped the Mcu as we know it would never had happened. And as to the avengers yes it's the ironman show but thor, captain america and wanda were given their due. Hawkeye and black widow were all given their shot not as well but still they were given a shot. Each had a trilogy to let us know who thy really are. Same for most of the members and other charachters. Even dr strange is now a household name before 2016 had you ask the random individual who he is they will look at you funny. Wanda controversial casting aside due to getting the chance to shine as she should in the mcu has proven to have the potential to be just as big as thor and the like. Captain marvel as much as they hate her is the most popular female superhero in the world along with wonder woman. Guardians of the galaxy is a household name. And so on and so forth all because they were given a chance.

Like the mcu gave relatively obscure characters the chance to shine. And proves that a charachter isnt inherently popular they simply need good stories and exposure and they will be big. And with the xmen they have a gold mine literally! Hence why I say they should cool it with the wolverine stuff and start focusing on all the other xmen because them focusing on just one charachter, pushing all the good stories and exposure to just him is a very foolish business move. Like planting seeds in an entire field of corn and just watering just one and expecting a full barn harvest.and taste wont happen. Even dcu knows to diversify their portfolio and they have the most iconic trio in comics. I speak on storm because I know her best, but the other xmen also have such gargantuan potential it's crazy that their entire world is wolverine wolverine. Like you want an assassins creed type franchise gambit is your guy. The thieves guild and all that. You want sherlock Holmes well we have irene and mystique there. You want a midevial crusade epic bennet du paris and En sabah nur are looking at you. And sooo much more.

Anyways the main test for disney is the upcoming animated series. We will see how well they translate xmen to screen.
    Yes, agree with that. The X-men are a team and a family, and if you focus on one person it's not going to work. Don't waste this huge gold mine.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Incredible Member

2019-2020 and until now the Storm train ride has not stopped and won't stop

You ever read articles and just know that the writer couldn't even be bothred to read a Wikipedia entry?

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Yes, agree with that. The X-men are a team and a family, and if you focus on one person it's not going to work. Don't waste this huge gold mine.
    While i liked the first two X-men movies when they were relased in cinemas, over time i grew rather wary of the life action movie format for them. Not only because of how most of the following movies had rather... let's say "questionable" quality in writing overall, but also because of how apparent it became just how little character build up, progression and development can be done in the little action filled 2 or so hours they have at their disposale.

By now i'm firmly of the opinion that the movie format just doesn't work for them, at least not if the intention is to bring the "magic" of the team and their individual friendships, companionships, relations, abilities and histories onto the screen like the source material does.

The way the X-men comics have been constructed in their "golden age", basicly puts them into the same format as the nowdays much more consumed long running shonen/seinen manga series, which are also well known to seldomly work well when cut down into 2 hour life action formats, as opposed to have a long running series with the occasional "event" movie.

It's perhaps no coincidence that even after two decades of movies, the definitive version people still seem to primarily have in mind when thinking of the X-men tends to be TAS. So perhaps animation is still the ideal format for the X-men.

Saldly however in the west it's still not taken as "serious" as life action, even when it's not ideal for the material adapted. Especialy when the X-men need a series format for their characters and stories but blockbuster budget for the displays of their powers. Especialy Storm.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-05-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You ever read articles and just know that the writer couldn't even be bothred to read a Wikipedia entry?

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Did that man just insult her?
    Screenshot_20230205-204825_Chrome.jpg

Calling her power kitschy which is an insult.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Omg Thank you, was reading these articles earlier and I was like so Claremont Storm just doesn't exist.
    Illyanna whole introduction is Storm and her both being/becoming Sorceress.

With Apocalypse making a return and seeing Death on the Squad with Storm in SatB.
    How would we feel of Genesis teaching Storm Mutant Magic?

This is one big conclusion they have drawn. We dont know if storm herself will even be doing much fighting. For all we know she will perform one raid then sit the fighting out for the rest of the event, acting as a general in a command room. We know for a fact that she even dies so who is she opposing then? This story will more than likely be about the storm system and ironfire and how they carry storm's spirit with them in battle.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I cant see Genesis wanting to teach Storm anything nor can I see Storm needing or wanting to be taught by her.

While she may certainly need time to fully hone her magical abilities...from SC02 it seems like she may be perfectly fine discovering and exploring that side of her heritage on her own. If and when she wants to.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

3.jpg

I thought Ironfire was a Wolverine type character, but it turns out he has more than just a metal claw.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

3.jpg

I thought Ironfire was a Wolverine type character, but it turns out he has more than just a metal claw.
    Looks like he creates spikes or some sort of "heated" bone protrusions. Like Wolverine's short-lived "hot claws," but spikes instead.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants picks up with the big question from Sins of Sinister — who stole the Moiras?
    It looks like they have a clear division of labor. Stb will focus on Storm and her resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks like he creates spikes or some sort of "heated" bone protrusions. Like Wolverine's short-lived "hot claws," but spikes instead.
    Yeah, I'm guessing his power might be to generate and control hot metal.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

oh my god....the 2nd one is by far the worst screenrant article Ive ever read -- this is also not the first time especially the ones that CANT EVEN spell Monroe correctly as Munroe and obviously made up the part where Storm's parent died of a car crash -- screen rant pleass abolish your site?