Page 34 of 111 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

If Ben was to keep the current status quo, meaning costume and powers, but is restored/fixed (again) to being the hero WE KNOW he is, would he keep or change his name into a new moniker but keep the same costume and color scheme? The ONLY thing about this whole mess is that I liked how he uses his spider-sense as weapons and webs, but that is it. That’s the only good thing from the psychoactive goo that did him any good, and gives him a clear different power set from Peter. It’s kinda like his own “organic webs” too. I wouldn’t mind him keeping that… AFTER they (eventually) FIX him.

I’m trying to not be so reactionary with all this. Ben is probably one of the few characters I get passionate about, so I’m trying to step back from my earlier responses and see the potential that can be used going forward.

Personally, since Ben has no role in the Spider-books, let’s say that the psychoactive goo altered his DNA to a point where he is no mere genetic clone anymore. It altered it to the state where he is his own man, and now since he has as much different powers from Peter that is similar but different as much as Venom and Agent Venom/AntiVenom, Ben can be taken completely away from the Spider franchise.

Just like Venom, that is where his roots lay, Spider-Man, but he can be his own tree, separated from Spider-Man. Give him his one franchise, since nothing about his current costume nor name is clearly Spider related.

Give him his “fix” as accepting that he can’t have those memories, but let his “soul” get fixed and give him a new direction. Since he has been thrown so much into the supernatural side of Marvel with his handling with Death in his own series, and now with Limbo, he could become the character of the Spidy mythos that death with supernatural stuff, just as much as Venom deals with the alien side.

I’ve been letting my imagination run with this, since my acceptance of the current issue releases this week and Ben’s current fate.
    Last edited by Blanks; 02-04-2023 at 09:27 AM.

I can’t really see that kind of thing succeeding in the long run. At that point, you’re basically making a completely new character and just calling it Ben Reilly. Thinking in a way of how to remove him from the Spider franchise is just falling into the same failings as Lowe does especially given the potential Ben has from being a Peter Parker who isn’t able to be Peter. As such, he’s not held back by the limits Marvel places on Peter whether it be location or chained to the same status quo of eternally broke, never able to have a family, etc. He’s able to be the Spider-Man for the people who don’t have a Spider-Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can’t really see that kind of thing succeeding in the long run. At that point, you’re basically making a completely new character and just calling it Ben Reilly. Thinking in a way of how to remove him from the Spider franchise is just falling into the same failings as Lowe does especially given the potential Ben has from being a Peter Parker who isn’t able to be Peter. As such, he’s not held back by the limits Marvel places on Peter whether it be location or chained to the same status quo of eternally broke, never able to have a family, etc. He’s able to be the Spider-Man for the people who don’t have a Spider-Man.
    That could actually be a great status quo and motivation for Ben. "Be the Spider-Man for people and places that need, but don't have, a Spider-Man." Like The Lost Years setup and how The Real Clone Saga mini ended.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Where can I find any good Ben Reilly fanfiction

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That could actually be a great status quo and motivation for Ben. "Be the Spider-Man for people and places that need, but don't have, a Spider-Man." Like The Lost Years setup and how The Real Clone Saga mini ended.
    Would he and Peter be working together?

Quote Originally Posted by anakin99 View Post
    You want archiveofourown.org, they have an excellent search system!
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Would he and Peter be working together?
    Hopefully, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by anakin99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    You want archiveofourown.org, they have an excellent search system!
    Crooked stairs and sideways glances: A Ben Reilly / Chasm fic --- Reflecting on the atrocity that is Dark Web.

So it don't matter what it looks like (We look perfect to me) --- A palate cleanser, for those too fed up with Dark Web to read any fanfiction related to that. Just some wholesome Spider-Clone brothers and Parker siblings (Peter and Teresa) interaction, plus a continuation of the dynamic between Kaine and Vance (Justice) from Chris Yost's New Warriors. Oh, and Ben is Canadian Spider-Man, a la Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History.

Okay fellow Ben-heads, in order for me to get caught up with Ben's latest advents I NEED to collect; Spider-Man Beyond 1-4 and the new Scarlet Spider or was there another new series? Also what is the Chasm serial called? Thanks.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Okay fellow Ben-heads, in order for me to get caught up with Ben's latest advents I NEED to collect; Spider-Man Beyond 1-4 and the new Scarlet Spider or was there another new series? Also what is the Chasm serial called? Thanks.
    There is no Chasm serial (yet), but he does appear in ASM 14, then the Dark Web opening one-shot, followed by ASM 15-18, and concluding with the Dark Web Finale one-shot. (He also appears in Dark Web: Ms. Marvel #1 and Venom #14.) There has yet to be a new Scarlet Spider series, either, but Ben does have a flashback miniseries/TPB called Ben Reilly: Spider-Man, set during that period of the Clone Saga when he was the active Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There is no Chasm serial (yet), but he does appear in ASM 14, then the Dark Web opening one-shot, followed by ASM 15-18, and concluding with the Dark Web Finale one-shot. (He also appears in Dark Web: Ms. Marvel #1 and Venom #14.) There has yet to be a new Scarlet Spider series, either, but Ben does have a flashback miniseries/TPB called Ben Reilly: Spider-Man, set during that period of the Clone Saga when he was the active Spider-Man.
    Ah right that's what it was I couldn't think of the name. Okay, I'm definitely getting those, the Clone Saga Flashback will probably be good regardless. Thanks!
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Ah right that's what it was I couldn't think of the name. Okay, I'm definitely getting those, the Clone Saga Flashback will probably be good regardless. Thanks!
    You're welcome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Pretty much the best path forward. Speaking of complications from Ben's offspring being sired by a clone, that was what nearly killed "Reilly Tyne," a.k.a. Darkdevil, over in MC2 before he was bonded with a portion of Zarathos's essence and the spirit of (the deceased) Matt Murdock/Daredevil in Kaine's attempt to save the life of a child that was effectively his nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey-Ben View Post
    I was randomly thinking if he’s in time out for the foreseeable future… how will he dye his hair. I’m pretty sure the psychoactive goo ended up giving him a permanent dye job anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Some months have passed have passed and he's still blonde.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel forgot that Ben isn't actually blond lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel forgot that Ben isn't actually blond lol.
    I'd rather have rocking the Lorenzo Lamas look (another thing Marvel gave to Kaine because reasons)