Page 122 of 500 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 7499

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    There was nothing left of him to self reflect..Just like there is barely any control bucky had.what?i saw no enjoyment.The guy was in pain,hunger..etc.

Even if that is true that parasite would have jumped in to absorb.There is no element of choice there ,just like his predicament in entirety.So him being a "villain" would be wrong..He is more like a tragic monster created by people.

If that's not true the whole thing is just "bottom feeder" stereotype where blue collar guys are treated as parasites of the society.That would be yeesh!

Also, it's same reason the whole superman is superman cause ma,pa,space ma and pa crap is shit.These guys make a tool out effing superman.

It was pretty memorable for me..It just was goldenage superman vs artic giant kinda fight.
    I just don't think it was executed effectively, especially when they had him act more like a Supervillain.

I dunno, Superman getting batted around while losing his powers and not really doing much just...didn't feel like an exciting Superman fight. Especially compared to, say, Superman vs Cyborg-Superman and he didn't even have his full powers there either, but the direction was much better in my opinion.

Mighty Member

https://thedirect.com/article/warner...nn-dc-comments

So, WB executives don't like being called out for errors with DC IP. check.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/warner...nn-dc-comments

So, WB executives don't like being called out for errors with DC IP. check.
    “How dare you point out our massive incompetence!”

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think it was executed effectively, especially when they had him act more like a Supervillain.
    Supervillains are "mwahaha!i kill .i conquer..i bad"..i saw none of that.The entire climax was focused on clark and people.Otherwise there was no need to for that.Like i said they could have done a superman vs artic giant-esque kaiju battle(that's another whole can of worms).They didn't.
    Superman getting knocked around isn't a problem for me.Him incompetent is.Here i saw no sign of incompetence.

Btw,in the last post i meant "it wasn't goldenage superman vs artic giant kinda fight".my typo
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2023 at 07:59 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

James Gunn confirms that DC Studios as of now is separated from WB, which means there won’t be any creative interference from the WB brass like there has been in the past. Making it similar to Marvel Studios, where Marvel is a separate entity from Disney:

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    James Gunn confirms that DC Studios as of now is separated from WB, which means there won’t be any creative interference from the WB brass like there has been in the past. Making it similar to Marvel Studios, where Marvel is a separate entity from Disney:

So who do they report too?

So who do they report too?
    They report to Zaslav.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They report to Zaslav.
    He is the president of wb and discovery .. right? doesn't that mean dc report to wb?

He is the president of wb and discovery .. right? doesn't that mean dc report to wb?
    He is the co-CEO of DC Studios, the only guy above him is Zaslav, who happens to be CEO of Warner also after the merger.
    It's like DC Studios and Warner Studios are sisters companies now.

The same can be said for Kevin Feige and Disney.

It basically means he has full control and not going to have execs trying to change his movies.
    Last edited by Drako; 02-07-2023 at 11:57 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WB has a different set of execs who report to Zaslav. That WB films division has no input in the DC side of things like they originally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WB has a different set of execs who report to Zaslav. That WB films division has no input in the DC side of things like they originally did.
    That's good news!

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I think that’s good news. I recall the issue of execs interfering with DC projects has had a long history.

The director of the Green Lantern movie, Martin Campbell, said that executive interface made the production a nightmare and the movie was pretty much “directed by committee”.

But at the end of the day Zaslav has the final say. And we know that his main focus is getting WBD out of massive debt. Which will definitely affect how much freedom he’ll give Gunn on the DC projects.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-07-2023 at 12:15 PM.

That is GREAT news. See: the finished Justice League movie (Whedon version) for what the result of WB interference looks like.
    Also see: the zillion endings to Flash they've filmed (that we'll never see) because WB can't even decide what they're doing long enough to release a movie!

Or doing a Costantine film sequel not related to the DCEU.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/