Page 44 of 139 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Can only speak for myself but the recent Action Comics Warworld Saga nerfed the hell out of Clark and I loved it. But once it was done they buffed Clark back up to powerhouse status. Perhaps that’s the plan for Hal. Totally up for a weaker Hal if that gets us more Earthbound adventures. Seems editorial wanted Adams to keep the scale and stakes small at first, and after Morrison high powered cosmic romp I’m open to that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, that's a big "if" .. either way, I do have high hopes and my mind is feeling quite open at the moment.

How can a GL be powered down? Isn't the ring going to make whatever the Lantern thinks woth enough conviction?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    How can a GL be powered down? Isn't the ring going to make whatever the Lantern thinks woth enough conviction?
    I'm reminded how in Far Sector Jo Mullein got a specialized ring that can recharge without a power battery but to compensate its weaker than a regular Power Ring.

Which honestly was pretty unclear how weak exactly it is. The really dangerous situations in Far Sector where pretty spread out meaning Jo can comfortably choose to be conservative with her power and when she does go all out it seems about as impressive as any other ring especially since she goes up against alien warships in the final issue.

Hal being "powered down" might be good enough reason to fight some of his old Earth-based villains that often didn't look very threatening.

As long as they don't come up with some cockamamie reason to have the ring not work against yellow again.

I'm sure Hal Jordan already bagging some great feats along his long history. Although being depowered, I hope it's motivate the writers to write Hal as adaptable and hypercompetent/skilled hero. Being too OP in DC seems to attracting writers to use them as Jobber to highlighting the villain of the weaks or their pet characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So he's roommates with Kilowog? Or I guess "trailermates"?
    Better him, than Walter & Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Better him, than Walter & Jesse.
    Now I get it, the reason Walter did all those terrible things was because he was possessed by a supernatural entity, right? He was innocent all along dammit, Vince Gilligan just wanted him out to make way for the young more hip meth cook Jesse Pinkman. See, it all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Damn I guess Hal isn’t living in a high rise apartment, no wonder he’s desperate for a high paying job
    It looks like they're living outside the city.

Better than living in a van by the river.

I actually like the picture on the wall.

We've got:

Hal with Jo (so they're officially friends).

Hal with Carol.

Hal with all the Earth GL's including Alan.

Hal flying with planes which is like the most iconic Hal visual ever .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal with all the Earth GL's including Alan.
    Is that supposed to be an upgraded version of this picture but with the newer Lanterns.

PS: Hal looking older than Alan will never make sense to me, even with the whole Starheart shenanigans that de-aged Alan in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Is that supposed to be an upgraded version of this picture but with the newer Lanterns.

PS: Hal looking older than Alan will never make sense to me, even with the whole Starheart shenanigans that de-aged Alan in the 90s.
    To be honest I'm still wracking my brain around Alan having a beard now.

Depowering a superhero can go 2 ways:

The one we fans want, is a arc where the character show how competent he is even without his powers, like if we get Hal kicking villain's asses even if his ring loses power in the middle of the fight, Morrison did it a couple times in his run.

The ones fans don't like is when the character comes out as completely incompetent without his powers/tool or even as somehow addicted to it, like Aaron's run on Thor.

I think Adams will go with the first option.