Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1715

Surprising list, asides of #1 obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Surprising list, asides of #1 obviously.
    I think sales of All-Star and Supergirl: WoT trades really gave Supes a boost. For TMNT apparently there’s a new video game coming? And Sandman of course had the Netflix show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sales for March
    Top 50 Comic Books by Units – March 2023 (ComicHub, via ICv2)

11. Superman #2
    23. Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent #1
    24. Action Comics #1052
    41. Superman: Lost #1
    44. Superman #1
    Bummer Superman: Lost didn’t debut higher but hopefully word of mouth might help it out. And damn, a reprint of Superman #1 making the top 50 is great!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nice to see solo Superman books chqrting higher than Batman/Superman.

Incredible Member

Nice indeed, but I would have hoped that Batman/Superman didn't drop, too. It was solidly a Top 30 book last I checked and now it's almost completely out of the Top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Nice indeed, but I would have hoped that Batman/Superman didn't drop, too. It was solidly a Top 30 book last I checked and now it's almost completely out of the Top 50.
    Waid’s desire to spotlight C-Listers might be hurting the book? He had Joker in the last arc, but this upcoming arc is nothing but obscure characters thus far. I suppose Lex might make a surprise appearance, but Waid may be forced to start using more mainstream characters to boost attention before long. Honestly I’m surprised at how restrained he’s been about using Superman Rogues.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people treated Batman/Superman as the main Superman book since it had recognizable status quo. PKJ's run is great, but overall impression was that DC wants to push Jon and Clark is being isolated.

But now with PKJ getting some recognition and main Superman title relaunched? Batman/Superman becomes less important.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales for March

Bummer Superman: Lost didn’t debut higher but hopefully word of mouth might help it out. And damn, a reprint of Superman #1 making the top 50 is great!
    Probably not a reprint. Superman comes out late in the month, so it makes sense the sales for the next month are still strong enough to reach the ranking. Which makes Superman #2 managing to grab such a high position despite coming so late in the month even more impressive.

Superman Lost's position is pretty terrible though, specially considering it's a Nº1 and comes in the middle of the month.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people treated Batman/Superman as the main Superman book since it had recognizable status quo. PKJ's run is great, but overall impression was that DC wants to push Jon and Clark is being isolated.

But now with PKJ getting some recognition and main Superman title relaunched? Batman/Superman becomes less important.
    I think you may be unto something. Superman and Wrold's Finest do have very similar tones and genres and a somewhat similar approach to artstyle and frenetic pacing. They may be cannibalizing their own readership.

That would make sense. Both are even taking from STAS in a lot of ways (WF has a Lois clearly inspired by her DCAU look, Metallo suffers from a loss of feeling just like his DCAU counterpart, etc). And it doesn’t help that DC is put out two other Batman team up books in BATB and B&R. They really do need to trim some of that Batman output but they likely won’t be able to unless Gunn’s DCU gets up and running since that seems set to start highlighting characters outside the JL for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Probably not a reprint. Superman comes out late in the month, so it makes sense the sales for the next month are still strong enough to reach the ranking. Which makes Superman #2 managing to grab such a high position despite coming so late in the month even more impressive.

Superman Lost's position is pretty terrible though, specially considering it's a Nº1 and comes in the middle of the month.

I think you may be unto something. Superman and Wrold's Finest do have very similar tones and genres and a somewhat similar approach to artstyle and frenetic pacing. They may be cannibalizing their own readership.
    They said that Superman #1 sold out and went back to reprint, which would come out around the time of the second issue’s release. I suppose it doesn’t really matter, either way Superman #1 seems to have done great, hopefully the sales are stable enough to keep Supes hanging in the top ranks for a while.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    This is so important and the fact that I know many people reading these charts do not realize this makes it hard to look at any sales discussion out in the wild as worth any time. (For the record, the second print of Superman #1 did not even go on sale until March 28th)

Sales for April:
    18 Superman #3
    32 Adventures of Superman Jon Kent #2 (Of 6)
    35 Batman Superman Worlds Finest #14
    46 Superboy The Man of Tomorrow #1 (Of 6)
    Wish the Jon book was doing worse and Conner was doing better, but otherwise not too bad. Hope Action hasn’t dropped too hard in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales for April:

Wish the Jon book was doing worse and Conner was doing better, but otherwise not too bad. Hope Action hasn’t dropped too hard in the rankings.
    Apparently Action is at #68 but it being released in the last week of the month makes things murky regarding sales.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Sales for May:

Comics

Graphic Novels and Trades

In the floppy sales, Superman #4 made the top 20 in both Dollars and Units charts, World's Finest #15 ranked 36 in Units and 48 in Dollars. Adventures of Superman Jon Kent #3 ranked 48 in Units.

In trade sales, Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen Who Killed Jimmy Olsen ranked high in the top 10 on both Units and Dollars, Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow ranked 3 in Units and 14 in Dollars and All Star Superman (2018 Printing) ranked 12 in Units and 7 in Dollars.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Holy ****, is Fraction & Lieber’s Jimmy Olsen book taking off really because of that one tweet that went viral? Insane, but definitely not unwelcome! Twitter finally acting as a force for good

What was the tweet?