Page 1350 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3508501250130013401346134713481349135013511352135313541360 ... LastLast
Results 20,236 to 20,250 of 20772
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Ok. That's something to think about. And where does the Uncaged omnibus stands?
    The Uncaged omnibus continues the Jeff Parker run through the change to Dark Avengers and end of the title.

Story wise, it takes place after Siege and the team is revamped into a government run program similar to the Suicide Squad. This run has a less cynical tone than the Osborn years, There are fewer outright villain characters with more shades of gray anti heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Going to pass on the first one but absolutely getting the 2nd one. DM cover is mandatory for me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Uncaged omnibus continues the Jeff Parker run through the change to Dark Avengers and end of the title.

Story wise, it takes place after Siege and the team is revamped into a government run program similar to the Suicide Squad. This run has a less cynical tone than the Osborn years, There are fewer outright villain characters with more shades of gray anti heroes.
    So there should be another omnibus in between to make it complete. But the don't put it out because of Ellis?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    so the past year, I read 25 omnibuses, depending on the content, how much dialogue and stuff, it would take me about a week or 2 to complete one. Read Tom Taylor Wolverine, Marv Wolfman Teen Titans vol 1, Grayson omnibus(I hope you dont mind mentioning DC omnis in a Marvel thread), New Warriors vol 1 2(all of Fabian Nicezia run), X-Force vol 1 2 3(they different names like Deadpool Cable, Liefeld stuff was stuff but one he left, it became enjoyable), PAD 90s X-Factor, Thunderbolts vol 1 2(Busiek and first half of Fabian's) Avengers by Busiek, Perez, (I sometimes reread the same issue that both omnibus had), Wolverine vol 1 2 3(even the stuff between Claremont and Hama) Donny Cates Venom, Walter Simonson Thor, Aaron Thor vol 1, PAD Hulk vol 1 2 3 4(the original run, waiting for vol 5 to come in), Claremont New Mutants vol 1 2, Brubaker Cap vol 1 2 3(different names) Secret Wars omnibus(not sure if should considered a omnibus), I never read Daredevil but I jumped the rabbit hole of reading Miller omnibus and now waiting for the Waid rerelease, thats all i can remember right now.
    Whoah, that's some reading. Way to go. Some real gems there.

ROM: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL 1

Collecting: ROM (1979) 1-29, Power Man and Iron Fist (1978) 73

The original ROM series had 75 issues (2 doublesized), 4 Annuals, and appeared in Power Man and Iron Fist 73, Marvel Two in One 99, and Incredible Hulk 296. The guest appearances have never been collected due to the licensing issue. Based on the mapping, there should be 3 ROM volumes to cover all the material. There is also material from IDW that can be collected in a separate volume.

There is a follow up announcement scheduled for Thursday. Speculation is that Marvel has gotten the entire Hasbro license and can collect Micronauts, Transformers, G I Joe, and many, many other IP as well as publish new material.
    This is fantastic news for many of you. I know this has been constantly voted for in the Omnibus Secret Ballot over the years.. Personally I was never interested even though I was reading comics at the time of it's publication (Miller's Daredevil, Mantlo's Hulk, Stern's Spidey, Moore's Captain Britain.....). I don't really recall seeing ROM at the newsagents (in the UK) but maybe I just wasn't looking for it.

Can anyone tell me how good this series was? I'm wondering whether it's worth picking up the Omnibuses. I'm really trying to wind down on purchases due to lack of space and realising I'm just not going to get around to reading everything :(

ROM: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL 1

Collecting: ROM (1979) 1-29, Power Man and Iron Fist (1978) 73

The original ROM series had 75 issues (2 doublesized), 4 Annuals, and appeared in Power Man and Iron Fist 73, Marvel Two in One 99, and Incredible Hulk 296. The guest appearances have never been collected due to the licensing issue. Based on the mapping, there should be 3 ROM volumes to cover all the material. There is also material from IDW that can be collected in a separate volume.

There is a follow up announcement scheduled for Thursday. Speculation is that Marvel has gotten the entire Hasbro license and can collect Micronauts, Transformers, G I Joe, and many, many other IP as well as publish new material.
    This is a difficult one for me. I absolutely loved this series as a kid and I definitely want to add this to my shelves but injuries to my wrists make it very difficult for me to read omnibuses. I've moved almost exclusively to Epic Collections now and I'm about to begin selling off my omnibuses as a replace them. I'd love to see 4-5 Epics for ROM but who knows how long Marvel will have the rights for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Can anyone tell me how good this series was? I'm wondering whether it's worth picking up the Omnibuses. I'm really trying to wind down on purchases due to lack of space and realising I'm just not going to get around to reading everything
    I'd rank this as up there with Mantlo's best (Micronauts, Hulk, Cloak and Dagger). He is ably assisted by Sal Buscema producing some of the best artwork of his career for the first 58 issues. There's some excellent world-building with the Space Knights and Dire Wraiths.

Mighty Member

I'm really hoping the Hasbro rumor comes true. I'd love to get either omnibus or epic versions of the original Marvel and Marvel UK Transformers runs. Preferably in a Conan-type situation where Marvel speed runs the releases
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    In May 2024

CAPTAIN MARVEL BY KELLY THOMPSON OMNIBUS VOL 2

Collects: Captain Marvel (2019) 27-50, Captain Marvel Annual (2022) 1

and coming in March 2024

MOON KNIGHT: MARC SPECTOR OMNIBUS VOLUME 2

collecting: Marc Spector: Moon Knight (1989) 35-60, Moon Knight Special (1992) 1, Web of Spider0Man (1985) 93-94, Moon Knight (1998) 1-4, Moon Knight (1999) 1-4, Black Panther (1998) 20-22, material from Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 152-154

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    So there should be another omnibus in between to make it complete. But the don't put it out because of Ellis?
    That’s debatable. It’s been speculated by fans that the era got skipped because of Ellis and his behavior, and certainly it seems odd. On the other hand, Marvel is releasing an Excalibur volume 3 omni containing all of Ellis’s Excalibur run, so it’s not like they’re completely refusing to reprint his stuff. Who knows, maybe the royalties or reprinting contracts changed between his Excalibur and Thunderbolts runs, or maybe they just figure they might as well save his T-bolts run to reprint last, after more time has elapsed.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

MOON KNIGHT: MARC SPECTOR OMNIBUS VOLUME 2

collecting: Marc Spector: Moon Knight (1989) 35-60, Moon Knight Special (1992) 1, Web of Spider0Man (1985) 93-94, Moon Knight (1998) 1-4, Moon Knight (1999) 1-4, Black Panther (1998) 20-22, material from Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 152-154
    Day of release purchase right here.
    User on another board pointed out that the following issues should also be included to be thorough.

MK vol 2 should add:
    Marvel Knights #4-9 & 11-14

He posted this on Omars NMC page. Be nice editions indeed. I had forgotten about these stories.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    That’s debatable. It’s been speculated by fans that the era got skipped because of Ellis and his behavior, and certainly it seems odd. On the other hand, Marvel is releasing an Excalibur volume 3 omni containing all of Ellis’s Excalibur run, so it’s not like they’re completely refusing to reprint his stuff. Who knows, maybe the royalties or reprinting contracts changed between his Excalibur and Thunderbolts runs, or maybe they just figure they might as well save his T-bolts run to reprint last, after more time has elapsed.
    That sounds logical.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm really hoping the Hasbro rumor comes true. I'd love to get either omnibus or epic versions of the original Marvel and Marvel UK Transformers runs. Preferably in a Conan-type situation where Marvel speed runs the releases
    plus G.I. Joe and yeah thats a very sweet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    This is a difficult one for me. I absolutely loved this series as a kid and I definitely want to add this to my shelves but injuries to my wrists make it very difficult for me to read omnibuses. I've moved almost exclusively to Epic Collections now and I'm about to begin selling off my omnibuses as a replace them. I'd love to see 4-5 Epics for ROM but who knows how long Marvel will have the rights for this series.
    Sorry to hear about the wrist injuries. I hope for your sake and others, Marvel speed publish the ROM Epics (if they happen), once they get the Omnibuses out of the way. People have been left hanging with the Conan and MoKF Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I'd rank this as up there with Mantlo's best (Micronauts, Hulk, Cloak and Dagger). He is ably assisted by Sal Buscema producing some of the best artwork of his career for the first 58 issues. There's some excellent world-building with the Space Knights and Dire Wraiths.
    Thanks for the feedback. This will be a toughie. I kind of want it but realistically it might not happen due to space and time constraints. I reckon there will be 3 Omnibuses and they will be retailed at least at $125.

Sorry to hear about the wrist injuries. I hope for your sake and others, Marvel speed publish the ROM Epics (if they happen), once they get the Omnibuses out of the way. People have been left hanging with the Conan and MoKF Epics.
    Thanks. It's been difficult parting with my omnibus collection but after fracturing both my wrists they've just become too unwieldy.

I'm one of those left hanging by MoFK. So frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback. This will be a toughie. I kind of want it but realistically it might not happen due to space and time constraints. I reckon there will be 3 Omnibuses and they will be retailed at least at $125.
    It's a big ask financially and I know not everybody is enamored with ROM the way I am. Part of it is nostalgia as ROM was one of the first Marvel titles I collected as a kid so I may be a little biased towards the series.