Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed on the great hair vibes! Roberto's outfit with the sneakers is really cute and I especially love the expressions on Storm, Gambit, and Jubilee. Nice to see our classic Hank too.
    Is it really Sunspot? Guess Sunspot is way more likely, but my first reaction was "Wow, Somnus!" because the costume seems very similar to Somnus, although a bit different.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Is it really Sunspot? Guess Sunspot is way more likely, but my first reaction was "Wow, Somnus!" because the costume seems very similar to Somnus, although a bit different.
    Berto did sport what looks like a proper X-Men costume in the 97 promo art previously released, so I guess he's just playing it casual on this cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    No, that's the actual cover to X-Men #24.
    I know but Brooks was making a series of covers imitating the "corner boxes" of old times, which I miss. This just looks like a pinup.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really hope this show doesn't have the same plastic-y CG of What If.

Actually I just hope it's not CG.

Wait, they’re gonna make Morph look like AOA Morph (Exiles as well). I wish they’d let 616 Changeling become Morph.. but no one wants to use him..

They all look amazing in that 97 cover. Great small improvements all around. Can't wait for this cartoon.

Just wished we've got more female new members instead of so many guys. Not only my girl Betsy but Polaris, Kwannon or Dazzler could have been cool additions as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Wait, they’re gonna make Morph look like AOA Morph (Exiles as well). I wish they’d let 616 Changeling become Morph.. but no one wants to use him..
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet between the original TAS and Morph's revival in AoA and then in Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They all look amazing in that 97 cover. Great small improvements all around. Can't wait for this cartoon.

Just wished we've got more female new members instead of so many guys. Not only my girl Betsy but Polaris, Kwannon or Dazzler could have been cool additions as well.
    I'm a little worried about the animation style tbh. Marvel hasn't produced any cartoon in several years I think works really well as an animation. I expect X-Men Animated to be disappointing too... sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm a little worried about the animation style tbh. Marvel hasn't produced any cartoon in several years I think works really well as an animation. I expect X-Men Animated to be disappointing too... sadly.
    I liked the animations in the What if mini.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Marvel Studios has only made one animated series so far, What If

Miguel Mercado variant for X-Men #24 for Unknown Comics.

It looks like he's dancing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope this show doesn't have the same plastic-y CG of What If.

Actually I just hope it's not CG.
    Nothing they’ve shown so far would suggest that it’s CG. I feel like if that was the case, you would be able to tell from the production art. Like the character art they showed for Marvel Zombies are clearly intended to be 3D models.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-27-2023 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

I'm guessing they'll feature more women with X-Factor and X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing they'll feature more women with X-Factor and X-Force.
    There isn’t the bandwidth for extra protagonist teams to be more than the most laughably brief guest stars.

At least for Wolverine and the X-Men they had more honorable antagonist teams like the Acolytes and Brotherhood to give characters like Wanda, Pietro and Lorna some ongoing role in the story, but one can’t expect that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is a relief. I was afraid that Beast would be a villain in this series since the last comic based on the 97 show he was a villain. Also, I didn't know much about the writer for the show. But it does say it's a sequel to the original show, so I guess they wouldn't want to stray to far away from the original.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.